• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You must pick one evil to suffer...

Wretch

In a worst case NBA Finals scenario, choose one of these outcomes...  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

The Lakers would arguably be a more organic championship this year than Phoenix. They were 33-49 last year and clearly out of the playoffs for most of this year.  No big collusion style talent infusion this year and no superstar abandoning their team to team up with LeBron - just normal GMing.   

When you consider that they were put together by Klutch.. i mean Lebron.   Not this year, but for the championship run.   The same main guys are still there... Lebron and AD. 

I will give their GM much props.. he was supposed to win Executive of the year...  He made a miracle from nothing.  When it was happening, i was wondering what witchcraft was going on that allowed the Lakers to get such good players for Pat Bev and Westbrook??

• Like 1

I don’t have a problem with the Lakers. I’m indifferent to Lebron, maybe a minor fan (don’t hate me y’all) and at least appreciate him shutting up Dillon Brooks. 

Even if you don’t like him I really love the way Reaves plays the game, and seeing Schröder kind of come back after struggling to find a team I like seeing. Hachimura has been a solid player too. A lot of solid role players to like IMO. Guys that are being given a chance and thriving. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I don’t have a problem with the Lakers. I’m indifferent to Lebron, maybe a minor fan (don’t hate me y’all) and at least appreciate him shutting up Dillon Brooks. 

Even if you don’t like him I really love the way Reaves plays the game, and seeing Schröder kind of come back after struggling to find a team I like seeing. Hachimura has been a solid player too. A lot of solid role players to like IMO. Guys that are being given a chance and thriving. 

I don't need anybody talking about Lebron being the GOAT.. and the chatter will start if he wins another Chip.  Let Lebron have his longevity awards... But GOAT he is not.   The GOAT is supposed to dominate.  He hasn't dominated.  He has put together teams that have made it impossible for him to lose.. and he still lost.. (Hello Dallas). 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I was a HUGE LeBron fan when he first came into the league and I still appreciate the amazing talent that he is.  The list of things wrong with him and everything he represents makes it impossible for me to root for him now.

For most people, I think it boils down to how you feel about the modern "team up" era.  LeBron made it about how many "friends" you have and "let's go get a ring" and the casual fanbase, that's all they seem to care about.  A guy like Dame gets zero respect, but if he joins LeBron or Durant, they give him all the love in the world.

For his part, LeBron makes everything about himself.  Calling himself the best player in the world... Claiming the victory over the Warriors as the one that made him the greatest player ever...  Honestly believing that his bubble championship was the most difficult in NBA history because of circumstances.  The way he flops, quits on defense when he's not happy, and pouts on the sideline.  Man, I just can't with him...and his fans are some of the worst.

The LeBron era, specifically this last decade, has been almost insufferable for me when LeBron (or KD) is in contention.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I was a HUGE LeBron fan when he first came into the league and I still appreciate the amazing talent that he is.  The list of things wrong with him and everything he represents makes it impossible for me to root for him now.

For most people, I think it boils down to how you feel about the modern "team up" era.  LeBron made it about how many "friends" you have and "let's go get a ring" and the casual fanbase, that's all they seem to care about.  A guy like Dame gets zero respect, but if he joins LeBron or Durant, they give him all the love in the world.

For his part, LeBron makes everything about himself.  Calling himself the best player in the world... Claiming the victory over the Warriors as the one that made him the greatest player ever...  Honestly believing that his bubble championship was the most difficult in NBA history because of circumstances.  The way he flops, quits on defense when he's not happy, and pouts on the sideline.  Man, I just can't with him...and his fans are some of the worst.

The LeBron era, specifically this last decade, has been almost insufferable for me when LeBron (or KD) is in contention.

I would add the way he instructs the officials on how to call the game, and they do as they're told.  Even if you can make the case he actually is the GOAT as a talent, I like the Jordan and Kobe way of competing.  Any extra fuel to give Lebron credits toward GOAT status needs to die/end.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

I'd root for the Taliban before I rooted for Lebron.

This just in, shakes is a traitor to his nation.  More at 11.

😎

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

I really had to sit down and think about it after the Cs beat the sixers last night. My brain can't process it 🤣

I need someone to put both of these teams out. 

It's why I'm rooting for the meteor, bro. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Well,   he's a cash cow...

I think he's bigger than the cowboys now in terms of media ratings. 

First... He has controlled his narrative by employing talking heads to do his bidding.   Whether it's Nick Wright or Shannon Sharp, he has his own personal media putting spin on every story that comes out about him.   Like a dictator.  And when it's a slow media day, you can guarantee that the top will be Lebron vs. MJ.

His talking heads have made that a thing.   Better would be Lebron vs. Kareem.  The Bubble championship should not count.   LAC and other teams didn't even want to be in the bubble.  So what you had was probably the most underwhelming finals in the history of basketball because it was just two teams that "outlasted" the other teams in the league that year. 

People don't talk about his influence on the game as far as a strategic influence.   Klutch is paramount in his strategic influence.  He plays basketball on Owner mode which is disrespectful to do so and then think you deserve accolades as the best player ever...  It's a shame. 

I listened to a conversation with Dame the other day.  I actually felt sorry for dude.   He's too prideful to go ring hunting so he remains a very skilled player in a place that don't have good leadership.   The teamup is the answer.  But don't expect anybody to sing your praises for teamming up.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Another title-less year highlights the fact that the stellar rep for that franchise was really earned back when the league had like 3 teams so they won every year.  

Not every year:

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love both. But I hate MJ stans so I want Bron to win #5.

Bro... It's not going to get him closer?

Bron has lost 6 of 10 finals. 

does anybody celebrate Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills?

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

I get the "team up" thing but at this point it's one of those things that most stars are doing and some to a degree more than him (i.e. Durant, Kyrie, Harden).  That said, he was the one that opened the floodgates so I get that but I'm sure it would have eventually been done by someone else.

As for Dame, I have mad respect for him and I think a lot of non-casual of fans do.  Problem is, the media doesn't and Lebron is good clickbait for the casual fan so if there's a lack of respect to me it's more the media than anything.

Regarding the self-proclaiming, that's why I'd say I'm only a partial fan.  I can't stand that stuff and the lack of being humble about his gifts and instead wanting to create a branding and messaging for himself.  It is off-putting.  I just mainly have a respect for what he can do on a nightly basis and at his age - from a strictly athletic standpoint it's still pretty impressive.  The amount of times he drives and put his body at risk is no small feat, he doesn't just stand behind the 3 point line and throw up shots.  I don't really see him whine and complain anymore than any star player in the league - I think that's just a byproduct of him being featured/talked about more than any other player so it gets spotlighted more.  But, if he is going to crown himself as such then he needs to deal with that backlash.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love both. But I hate MJ stans so I want Bron to win #5.

I almost put an option just for you on there Supes.  Though I thought you would have voted for Horford 😅

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

I get the "team up" thing but at this point it's one of those things that most stars are doing and some to a degree more than him (i.e. Durant, Kyrie, Harden).

That's the going narrative. 

But think about it. How many teams have had teamups that made it to the chip?

Lebron...  He has coordinated all of his teamups.   i.e. he has had summits where he basically told players where they will play.  Joe Johnson went to Lebron's first summit.  The thing that sticks out about this one was that It was player orchestrated so no one could cry collusion. 

KD... coordinated a teamup... not with the Warriors but with Kyrie and Harden.

I don't consider GS going out and pursuing KD a real Teamup.  FAs have been approached by teams since FAcy began.  But when you have ring chasers coordinating their efforts to play in the same place... that is not respectable. 

But look over your champs of recent...

• GS - Not a Teamup
  • Milwaukee - Not a Teamup. 
  • LAL - Lebron went out and got AD and got Pelinka to clear the space for it. 
  • Toronto - Not a teamup. 
  • GSW - Not a Teamup
  • Cleveland - Lebron got Cleveland to trade for Love.. after he joined. 
  • Miami - A definite Team up. 

With Lebron, it's always the Florida Marlins Buying a Championship. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'll be surprised if Denver isn't in the finals. Their road at this point is just easier.  They get 4 games in a potential showdown with LA or GS in the thin air of Denver.  There was a reason they were 34-7 at home.

I'm still not buying the Celtics out of the East yet. They are 1 turned ankle away from being very pedestrian.  If I had to bet right now its Denver that wins it all.  But despite my hate of the circus that is Lebron, I hate the Celtics more than Rosie O'Donnell hates salad. I hate the Celtics more than Mike Tyson hates ears...I hate the Celtics more than Allen Iverson hates practice. The hate of the green runs deep. I'd take a Lebron win over a Celtics Banner and wear purple and gold socks with sandals to prove it.

Right now, the League is licking it's chops for either a NY vs. LAL or Boston Vs. LAL finals. 

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's the going narrative. 

But think about it. How many teams have had teamups that made it to the chip?

Lebron...  He has coordinated all of his teamups.   i.e. he has had summits where he basically told players where they will play.  Joe Johnson went to Lebron's first summit.  The thing that sticks out about this one was that It was player orchestrated so no one could cry collusion. 

KD... coordinated a teamup... not with the Warriors but with Kyrie and Harden.

I don't consider GS going out and pursuing KD a real Teamup.  FAs have been approached by teams since FAcy began.  But when you have ring chasers coordinating their efforts to play in the same place... that is not respectable. 

But look over your champs of recent...

• GS - Not a Teamup
  • Milwaukee - Not a Teamup. 
  • LAL - Lebron went out and got AD and got Pelinka to clear the space for it. 
  • Toronto - Not a teamup. 
  • GSW - Not a Teamup
  • Cleveland - Lebron got Cleveland to trade for Love.. after he joined. 
  • Miami - A definite Team up. 

With Lebron, it's always the Florida Marlins Buying a Championship. 

I can buy onto Durant joining Golden State after OKC had GS down 3-2 in the conference finals as not being a team-up but it still makes me dislike him.  Joining  your biggest rival and a team that already won a ring without you is so weak it is remarkable.  He could have joined a lot of different teams back then.  He went to the #1 team where winning a ring with him was hitting the "Easy" button.  And that is where this loops back to the team up discussion.  I dislike the team up development in the game for two reasons:  (1) it is a "hitting the easy button" approach and (2) it hurts traditionally disadvantaged markets (big markets tend to be the site for team ups).  

So Durant joining GS hits a lot of the same issues for me that LeBron teaming up in Miami, Cleveland, and LA does.