• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As a Hawk fan who do you want to win the lottery?

Spud2nique

Who are you rooting to win the lottery as a Hawks   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the lottery

• Pistons
    • Rocket
    • Spurs
    • Hornets
    • Portland
    • Orlando
    • Indiana
    • Washington
    • Utah
    • Dallas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/17/2023 at 07:15 AM

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They've been my cheat team since Timmay.

I liked them cuz of Kawhi and the old dudes like Manu and Duncan. But the recent trend of tanking, I dunno, it didn’t sit well with me but overall I’m glad he went to pop. It just fits plus he’s out west.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Mine is still the Sonics. 

Ya… are they coming back? I love the Pacific Northwest ya I’ll ride.

Burd got Spurs.

If I had to pick my own I’d go…

Kings or Nuggets I guess. I like the Bucks too but it’s East so no I can’t.

HAWKS BABY!!!! HAWKS 4 LIFE!

Thats all I got! 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 if they beat the Lakers then beat the crap out of the Celts, that’s my “other” squad right there im riding HAAAAAAARRRRDDD :er: next to @Sothron sothy move over I love this big lug!

I so hope the Nuggets win it all this year. That team plays basketball the right way and have been since Malone took over as HC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, warcore said:

I'm looking at the Blazers and wondering what they want for pick 3. I don't imagine Dame wants to go through a soft rebuild. 

We don’t need pick #3 tho, we need vets to win. We already crazy young with our core minus CC.

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'm honestly glad a WC team won it. We've had enough generational talents in the East with Bird, Jordan and Lebron. Let someone else worry about Victor in the playoffs.

We’re still going to have to worry about him in the playoffs though. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I liked them cuz of Kawhi and the old dudes like Manu and Duncan. But the recent trend of tanking, I dunno, it didn’t sit well with me but overall I’m glad he went to pop. It just fits plus he’s out west.

Yeah just all out blatant tanking again by the spurs and they are rewarded for it.  There's got to be a better system than this.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah just all out blatant tanking again by the spurs and they are rewarded for it.  There's got to be a better system than this.  

In the NFL tanking is directly rewarded with a #1 pick, at least with the NBA a tank job does not guaranteed a #1 draft pick

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

In the NFL tanking is directly rewarded with a #1 pick, at least with the NBA a tank job does not guaranteed a #1 draft pick

Agree that what the NBA is doing today is much better than the NFL but at a bottomline level what the NBA does today does not stop teams from tanking.  And I'm not just talking about the worst teams like San Antonio who it is obvious are not competing coming into the season or very early in the season.  Dallas was in the playoff hunt and tanked at the end of the season as well.  I'm not sure what the solution is for this.  The reward just outweighs the negatives given the impact of a single player and the difference in value between high lottery picks, lottery picks, and non-lottery picks.  Blatant tanking happens in the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc.  Only eliminating the draft seems like a true solution but that creates a 'permanent' situation of "haves" and "have nots" like in the Premier League and other professional soccer leagues.  One thing that could be taken from those leagues that I do like, however, is relegation so that teams are desperate not to finish at the bottom of the standings.