• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As a Hawk fan who do you want to win the lottery?

Spud2nique

Who are you rooting to win the lottery as a Hawks   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the lottery

• Pistons
    • Rocket
    • Spurs
    • Hornets
    • Portland
    • Orlando
    • Indiana
    • Washington
    • Utah
    • Dallas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/17/2023 at 07:15 AM

• Premium Member

Portland.

Agreed, I want him out west.

Don't want him in Utah... they've got too much draft capital, and could fairly quickly emerge as a powerhouse... and who, after all, wants Danny Ainge to have any more success before hitting the retirement home?

Don't want  him in Dallas... might be no more gross notion than to think of all the additional hype surrounding that bag of fluff of a franchise.

Don't want him in Houston... if Quin does, in fact, want to see some roster turnover, Houston is practically the only franchise in a position to make a trade that leaves us objectively in a better situation in the short term. My working theory is that if Wemby dropped in their lap, that reduces the likelihood of anything working out for us.

That leaves SAS and POR.

SAS is a sentimental choice. Cool story to see Pops finish his career developing a new and improved version of Tim Duncan. I wouldn't be upset.

But POR gets the nod because poetic justice should reward Dame for his insistence that he will not be a ringbrat. They get my vote.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, warcore said:

why? That would likely make our pick swaps with them worse......

It is one pick swap in 2026.

So you are saying you have no faith in the Hawks being good in 3 years? 🤓

• Like 2

I have to go with either Utah or Indiana. 
IDC about him being in the east as long as he’s not in our division. I’d like him to go to a destination that players historically don’t willingly want to go play. Less talked about, less likely to draw other free agents, more likely to leave later. 
TBH, I will be surprised if he is able to sustain a career living up to the hype, though. 

14 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Utah

I’d want Utah myself but they don’t deserve a guy like him, their fans don’t deserve that imo. Plus, Danny Strange is an exec, I hate that dude I wish Tree 🌲 woulda stepped on his throat and choked his a$$….

ps Good morning it’s a lovely day btw :laugh1:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Chicago and OKC would be my favorites.  Chicago for obvious reasons and OKC cause I think it would be funny to have him and Chet on the same team.

As for the teams that have a realistic shot, I'm torn on the Pistons.  I hate the idea of Detroit, but I don't hate the young players on that team.  I also like that they are in the eastern time zone so I'll be able to watch Wemby play.

Houston I wouldn't mind.   Central time zone.

Don't want him to go to the Spurs.  They already tanked and got Tim Duncan so screw them.  Plus I hate Pop.

Charlotte is an interestng one.  They're in the same divison as Hawks which wouldn't be idea, but would love to see him with Lamelo and they are on the east coast so early games.

• Moderators

I like Portland as well.  After Greg Oden’s health, kind of feel they karmically deserve it more than SA.  (In addition to the reasons listed by sturt and the potential impact on the pick swap).

• Thanks 1

I’m just glad I’m not a Pistons fan today. Because you know he isn’t coming your way, ain’t no odds in this thing it’s Adam Silver picking the most lucrative landing spot for the league.

Adam wants:

The rockets 🚀 imo

• Moderators

I can't believe y'all want super tanker Pop to get another top pick.  Duncan should be one in a lifetime and the way they did it was borderline disgraceful.  And they tried hard again this year.  At least they've sucked for a while now but man i don't care about those guys. 

I'm good with Portland getting it.  Dame seems like a good dude.  Let him get a shot because they've surrounded him with mediocrity his whole career.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm good with Portland getting it.  Dame seems like a good dude.  Let him get a shot because they've surrounded him with mediocrity his whole career.

Spoiler alert, he's part of the mediocrity bro.  Which is why they're my pick.  Pretty much guarantees we ain't gotta worry about him for a while.  Unless they trade Lillllllr'd.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It is one pick swap in 2026.

So you are saying you have no faith in the Hawks being good in 3 years? 🤓

Hey you're not one of the word twisters 'round here -- what's going on!?

No -- I'm saying Wemby can make them a dynasty and they'd be swapping out #30 for whatever we have. 

Sure it's just one pick swap, but it can be a difference of 10 or so picks. Which could be the difference in getting AJ Griffin and Ed Gray. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Spoiler alert, he's part of the mediocrity bro.  Which is why they're my pick.  Pretty much guarantees we ain't gotta worry about him for a while.  Unless they trade Lillllllr'd.  

I don't think he's mediocre.  They tried too long to do the Wall/Beal thing with Dame/CJ which never works.   Heck we just tried it with Trae/Dj.  Got to have a big elite scorer at the 3 or 4.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think he's mediocre.  They tried too long to do the Wall/Beal thing with Dame/CJ which never works.   Heck we just tried it with Trae/Dj.  Got to have a big elite scorer at the 3 or 4.  

I didn't say he's mediocre.  I said he's part of their mediocrity.  He should be a 6th man.  He's Kemba Walker but slightly better. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with most with the Portland sentiment.  It wouldn't bother me for them to get it, so that Dame has a young star player to play with.

Having said that . . . let Houston win it.

Why?

So that James Harden will go ahead and push the button to make his way back to Houston.  That will weaken the Sixers overall if he left them, no matter how he played in that Boston series ( great and horrible ).

• Like 3