• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, DS5 said:

This whole using the trade exception thing feels like FO just trying to mitigate the obvious negative reaction by fans. I’d be very surprised if they actually use it to improve the team. I call BS until we see at least one tiny bit of evidence that shows Ressler is willing to pay the LT. Every move, other than Bey, has been to get under budget. 

Eggzactly. I can't think of a single time in the Ressler era that we've used a trade exception. Can somebody help me? 

It's just their way of spinning the terrible narrative of this JC trade. 

• Premium Member

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nobody gonna weigh in on this juicy bit of rumored gossip instead of the other drivel?

Juicy indeed...

We are past the point of rebuilding.  Trying to put a competitive team out there was the right move and I'm happy for it.

I also think this is a good time to double-down on what I keep saying about potential: there's an expiration date on it.  If we're not careful, we'll end up middling again with 1st round exits, late draft picks, and sh!t offers for talent we've held onto for too long.  It's good that we want to move the needle, but I don't want to see us trying to do that by trimming the fat, dumping talent, and digging through the NBA "bargain bin."

I'd rather see us swing for the fences and whiff than play it safe holding onto all of our assets for middling results.

• Like 1

As I think more and more on the trade and check which are the options we have at PF I am beginning to think the plan is to add a C like Brook Lopez, Vucecic, Poetl, Wagner… and move OO to PF partially at least, I guess the plan also considers giving more minutes and bigger role to JJ.

• Like 1

Unless we need the TPE immediately for a deal, it's better if we delay completion of the deal as long as possible, because you only get 365 days to use that TPE.  If we strike out with it this summer, would be good to have a shot at using it next summer.

While this one is a long shot, don't count put Rudy Gobert. Atlanta has had talks with Minnesota about his earlier before the draft. Just don't count him out. At the end of the day. Quin still has a special place in his heart for Rudy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

While this one is a long shot, don't count put Rudy Gobert. Atlanta has had talks with Minnesota about his earlier before the draft. Just don't count him out. At the end of the day. Quin still has a special place in his heart for Rudy. 

What would happen to OO?

Guess he’d either stay on the bench or be traded.

I don’t love or hate a Gobert signing. My biggest thing is FIT.

Say we get Gobert…I want a lot of sharp shooting between Trae & Gobert…and we should keep Hunter.

Murray probably gets traded in a Gobert trade. As long as we can spread the floor with actual threats with Rudy on the floor we will be ok.

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

What would happen to OO?

Guess he’d either stay on the bench or be traded.

I don’t love or hate a Gobert signing. My biggest thing is FIT.

Say we get Gobert…I want a lot of sharp shooting between Trae & Gobert…and we should keep Hunter.

Murray probably gets traded in a Gobert trade. As long as we can spread the floor with actual threats with Rudy on the floor we will be ok.

Quin played Favors and Gobert together for years. That said, OO must improve his range and do it consistently. 

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, txsting said:

Unless we need the TPE immediately for a deal, it's better if we delay completion of the deal as long as possible, because you only get 365 days to use that TPE.  If we strike out with it this summer, would be good to have a shot at using it next summer.

Deal cannot be completed until July 6th in the new league year.

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Quin played Favors and Gobert together for years. That said, OO must improve his range and do it consistently. 

Right I’m aware of that but even Quinn acknowledged there were some great things he did and some things he could have improved on but it’s all about what’s available on the roster.

I just don’t think we should try to mimic a team that constantly failed in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

I guess not keeping up with the situation my question would be why would Phoenix be putting Ayton out there?  He is a legit 7 footer.  

Edited by Vol4ever
Sp

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

I guess not keeping up with the situation my question would be why would Phoenix be putting Ayton out there?  He is a legit 7 footer.  

Just cuz you are tall doesn't mean much if you can't get right in your head and chest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I agree with anyone doubting Ressler and the reports, including my own going back to last season, that said Ressler will pay the LT and has authorized the FO to go  into the LT. I share those doubts. I will repeat what I have been told and you have seen other sources state: Ressler will pay the LT and the FO can go into it.

I still will only believe it when I see it. If we actually use all that TPE to get a guy to come in then we know he was serious.

Since there is a report, I will come out and say I think he will pay it this year.  Why? Because a serious acquisition is now possible with the TPE.  I feel like I've understood Tony Ressler and would make a lot of the same moves.  Unless we really strike out on adding someone worthwhile, he's paying the tax and making an acquisition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1