• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

If health is not an issue and the rest of the team plays to what it should I can see that trio going to and winning a Finals. The coaching is there, the talent would be there and hopefully the supporting cast would be there as well.

The supporting cast is the biggest worry for that trio. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is why I don't fuss about player salaries, because invariably GMs learn nothing every year.  The FAcy frenzy is the same EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

Yeesh, how's that FVV-Harden backcourt gonna work? 🤓

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I’d have significant concerns about this team defending anyone with KAT and Trae.  You would have to bank on the offensive potential and just outscore everyone.  

It just depends on the other moves in my opinion if we had this Trio of Trae, DJ, KAT…

If all we are giving up turns out to be Hunter and AJ and we have plans to get a significant defender at the 3 such as Dillion Brooks then I’m a happy fan.

Starters:

Trae, DJ, Brooks, OO, KAT

Bench:

???, Bogi, Bey, JJ, Bruno

image.thumb.png.bb009c0e44cfda7c37ce9a8073523b77.png

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

I had to re-read the headline 3 times because I thought I had to be missing something... $40M+ for FVV is cuckoo bananas

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That offer got Toronto shook

I understand it's only a 2 year deal and per the new CBA they have to reach the salary floor at the start of the season to get their share of LT distribution....but still. The 2 years will also end before they have to pay their young guys....but still :blanky:. Way to skew the market.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

@Watchman i don’t understand your commentary. Under what scenario do we not need veterans? And you’re saying you’d rather overpay unproductive players than let them go if they aren’t contributing to winning?  

And in what world is valuing your own homegrown All-NBA player an overpay, especially compared to attracting someone else’s talent?

I can understand if you don’t have confidence in the FO to make the right choices, but you can’t argue against the logic in either the selective investment or the salary dump.

We had veterans.  We gave them away for nothing.  Tell me who you think these miracle working vets that we're going to acquire are.  People like DFS aren't going to put us over the top.  Neither will Ayton or KAT.  Who should we get?  Are they already overpaid? .Are they on a short contract?  Using your approach, if we acquire those players, we will have to replace them every year or two.  What if their replacements aren't as good.  It sounds like a plan for perpetual .500 basketball. As interested as playing for Snyder might be for certain players, the reputation and track record of our front office will be an equal deterrent.  

As for your question in your next to the last paragraph, it is irrelevant until we have such a player.

Max Strus?  Who?  If I’m Indiana, I’m already offering my 1st round pick to trade away his contract.  It’s amazing what we value (as shown in dollars) relative to its importance. 

(Why can’t I use the quote tool?)

Edited by Hawkish
  • Haha 1