• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 teams?

According to Grange's article, at least six teams have “inquired” about a possible Siakam trade. These teams include the following: Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings, Charlotte Hornets, and the New Orleans Pelicans.

Siakam has previously been linked to some of these teams, including the Hawks and the Kings. The Raptors would likely prefer not to trade Pascal Siakam, but he would likely produce impressive value given the apparent loaded trade market.

Would it be possible to make a trade of Bamba for Bogi? I think this trade might improve the team a  lot and is a good trade for Lakers as well 

Young/Bufkin

Murray/AJ

Hunter/Bey

JJ/OO

Capela/Bamba

Bamba can play the 4 and the 5, defends really well, would fit perfect with OO, fit well with Capela and JJ. We would free minutes for AJ that is high efficient wing, playing him at his position (SG). That Frontcourt of OO/Bamba could be a Frontcourt for 10 years, they really fit, they would be awesome on defense and good on offense 

Edited by gurpilo

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Watchman said:

Shame they didn't give Collins the same opportunity.

Not sure what opportunity you think I referenced that he didn’t get.  JC played under Quin and I assume as part of the cost cutting exercise that he was not identified as being a key part of the core moving forward in Quin’s mind (certainly the team was better with JJ and Bey on the floor during Quin’s time and Quin cut JC’s minutes back a few while coaching).

If you are saying you would have liked to have seen what JC could have become under Quin that is a little bit different than what I was talking about but I’ll join you there.  I’ve been a JC fan and last year was really painful to watch.  As a JC fan it would have been nice to see.  But that desire of mine doesn’t mean that Quin didn’t feel like he had seen enough of JC before and while coaching him to decide he wasn’t part of the foundation and to approve JC being the one to go.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This would…not be a surprise.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

6 teams?

According to Grange's article, at least six teams have “inquired” about a possible Siakam trade. These teams include the following: Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings, Charlotte Hornets, and the New Orleans Pelicans.

Siakam has previously been linked to some of these teams, including the Hawks and the Kings. The Raptors would likely prefer not to trade Pascal Siakam, but he would likely produce impressive value given the apparent loaded trade market.

So the Raptors prefer not to trade OG and Siakam then WTH are they doing. Masai is the biggest narcissist in the NBA FO's. 

I'm not sure what the Hawks will do, if any big move at all, but between the Raptors being stubborn and the lack of other star power around, it might be tough to get big improvements to our roster any time soon.

It could be this:
Trae
DJM
Hunter
JJ
OO

And I actually kind like that lineup

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

So the Raptors prefer not to trade OG and Siakam then WTH are they doing. Masai is the biggest narcissist in the NBA FO's. 

I'm not sure what the Hawks will do, if any big move at all, but between the Raptors being stubborn and the lack of other star power around, it might be tough to get big improvements to our roster any time soon.

It could be this:
Trae
DJM
Hunter
JJ
OO

And I actually kind like that lineup

Yeah.  I’m thinking this is the most likely rotation along with Bogi, Bey, and Griffin being the first three off the bench.  Will need to acquire a backup for OO at some point.  I still feel Capela gets dealt.  

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Would it be possible to make a trade of Bamba for Bogi? I think this trade might improve the team a  lot and is a good trade for Lakers as well 

Not a trade I would make. Guard/Wing shooting is a premium for this Hawks team. Bogi has more value than Bamba.

I would consider Bamba for Gay and Mathews.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

Don’t be surprised if Quin sees Jalen Johnson as a starter in 2023-24.  Quin ideally wants to play positionless basketball with versatile players who can defend multiple positions.  I think he loves Johnson’s potential as a playmaker, particularly his passing and ability to attack close outs.  

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This can’t happen. If Jalen starts then that means we didn’t improve the roster. No offense to him I think he’s a young gun but still not a starter. I need to see steady production in an increased role before I make him a starter but that’s just me. Perhaps Quin starts him. We shall see.

I don’t think he’s *quite* ready to start at the beginning of the season, but he will be before the season is over. 

I was saying a year ago that JJ should be starting by post trade deadline/all star break this season. I’m still holding onto that projection. I envisioned him replacing Hunter then, but it could be something switching between 3&4. 

By the end of the season, The Pickle Brothers™️ will be running the Association. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not a trade I would make. Guard/Wing shooting is a premium for this Hawks team. Bogi has more value than Bamba.

I would consider Bamba for Gay and Mathews.

We have folks who seemingly want to give up value for every failed 7 footer out there.  We want Ayton.  We want Bamba.  It’s so funny to see how many want them but turned their nose up at Jaren Jackson, who is far better than both.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  I’m thinking this is the most likely rotation along with Bogi, Bey, and Griffin being the first three off the bench.  Will need to acquire a backup for OO at some point.  I still feel Capela gets dealt.  

I do wonder whether Bey or JJ will start.  I could easily see us starting Bey - especially if we keep CC - and then bringing JJ off the bench (in a much larger role than last year).

• Like 2

Just now, AHF said:

I do wonder whether Bey or JJ will start.  I could easily see us starting Bey - especially if we keep CC - and then bringing JJ off the bench (in a much larger role than last year).

I could see that as well.  I think Bey fits better coming off the bench long term.  I think Griffin is probably ready to be the 8th man in rotation but not quite ready to play a big role.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

We have folks who seemingly want to give up value for every failed 7 footer out there.  We want Ayton.  We want Bamba.  It’s so funny to see how many want them but turned their nose up at Jaren Jackson, who is far better than both.  

We took Trae instead of JJJ.  Nobody is proposing that we trade Trae for Ayton.  I think you've got a good argument that people tend to reach for big men but then adding the decision to draft Trae over JJJ seems like you are mixing some very different things.  I think any of us would be thrilled to trade something like CC and a first for JJJ but if you only get one of Luka, Trae or JJJ then that is a very different analysis than whether to try for someone like Ayton.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

I could see that as well.  I think Bey fits better coming off the bench long term.  I think Griffin is probably ready to be the 8th man in rotation but not quite ready to play a big role.  

I am really looking forward to seeing Griffin play under Quin this year.  I was so impressed by his rookie season (especially given his age and experience).  I could see him being ready for a big role pretty quickly if last year's full season line is a baseline for him and he improves from there.  (I say that knowing there is absolutely risk of regression.)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Suns, NOP, PTL, LAC, OKC may still be options?

@Sothron @thecampster @NBASupes

Trades can be completed Jul 6th. You won't hear much about trades (including rumors) until the 3rd through the 5th.

Due to the size of his deal, I would expect other teams to start fleshing out their rosters and DH/Capela movement would probably happen end of next week (8th/9th) at the earliest. Could happen faster or not at all but probably not until the biggest fish are caught 5th-7th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1