2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know Diesel lil Peter got hard with Toronto as Hunter was a target, Hunter is not a target for Minnesota. Bey and JJ I am told are the major pieces Minnesota is targeting plus they want several 1sts. 

Quickly hangs up phone… what 1sts?  Bey and JJ have defined roles that don’t require many touches.  Moving Hunter is part of taking on a large contract.  JJ is great value. 

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Quickly hangs up phone… what 1sts?  Bey and JJ have defined roles that don’t require many touches.  Moving Hunter is part of taking on a large contract.  JJ is great value. 

I never liked the idea of trading Hunter. He's way better than some of the idiots on here think he is. I mainly hated the Siakam trades because of that alone. Thankfully Minnesota isn't that interested in him. They want young cheap forwards, picks, and cap relief 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Bey, JJ, a couple of 1sts, and cap relief seem to be what Minnesota is aiming for. Keep an eye on Houston and San Antonio as a 3rd team. LAC and several other teams in the west are also interested. A lot of teams see Capela as someone that can split mins at the 5. He's gaining a lot of trade interest especially since his price tag is a tad lower than it was previously in the off-season. 

Supes— I was about to eat, but your post was too nauseating.  Why give up the house when there are a very limited number of teams with the assets, contract sizes, and interest to make a move?  Dallas?  We are better assets than what Dallas has to offer.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bey, JJ, a couple of 1sts, and cap relief seem to be what Minnesota is aiming for. Keep an eye on Houston and San Antonio as a 3rd team. LAC and several other teams in the west are also interested. A lot of teams see Capela as someone that can split mins at the 5. He's gaining a lot of trade interest especially since his price tag is a tad lower than it was previously in the off-season. 

For KAT? Someone give Fields a GMOY if he pulls this off and Murray for 29 million.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I never liked the idea of trading Hunter. He's way better than some of the idiots on here think he is. I mainly hated the Siakam trades because of that alone. Thankfully Minnesota isn't that interested in him. They want young cheap forwards, picks, and cap relief 

I was a big supporter of drafting Hunter and used to way overvalue him in hypothetical trades.  I just like JJ relative to his cost significantly more than I like Hunter.  I don’t get “fire” vibes from him.  

14 minutes ago, GameTime said:

For KAT? Someone give Fields a GMOY if he pulls this off and Murray for 29 million.

His trade value is not that high due to his recent injury history and this

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/minnesota-timberwolves/karl-anthony-towns-17829/#:~:text=Karl-Anthony Towns signed a,dead cap value of %2436%2C016%2C200.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I was a big supporter of drafting Hunter and used to way overvalue him in hypothetical trades.  I just like JJ relative to his cost significantly more than I like Hunter.  I don’t get “fire” vibes from him.  

You can like JJ trade value more but that's because his trade market value is higher than Hunter atm.

Edited by NBASupes

20 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Supes— I was about to eat, but your post was too nauseating.  Why give up the house when there are a very limited number of teams with the assets, contract sizes, and interest to make a move?  Dallas?  We are better assets than what Dallas has to offer.  

There aren't many teams on the market for KAT. Don't like the contract. Not willing to give up many assets. Dallas is interested in giving up assets. Just not any, anywhere near as attractive as the Hawks. Dallas been very aggressive. They are another one trying to get Capela but they can't offer cap relief

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

@NBASupes @Sothron Not saying either of you know what the framework is. 

But what do you both think is a starting point for a KAT trade?

Bey and JJ are the primary targets. Capela is going to a 3rd team. Minnesota wants to slower the cap for 2024-25 as they are extremely hard capped next year. 

Atlanta will be in a tough spot next year. If they land KAT and resign OO and Murray. It could be 170 with just 5 players. Luckily, most of the others only make rookie salaries for awhile. Atlanta will be close to the 2nd apron for sure. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Update

I got word that KAT is officially available. It basically is due to Gobert having no trade value and they couldn't give him away. Dallas and Atlanta have called about KAT. The issue is KAT contract is massive just like Bradley Beal but Beal had more suitors, just the NTC screwed up his trade value. Keep an eye on KAT. Siakam to anywhere seems to be dead right now unless Masai lowers his price. Brown will get the supermax. He will not be on the move. 

I was told Atlanta been reluctant to move Okongwu and Griffin in trade talks for Toronto and others have talked to Atlanta. Clint definitely will be moved to a 3rd team in any major trade with a major piece coming back to Atlanta. Bey and JJ are names that have been mentioned to TOR.

Don't be shocked that the KAT trade involves few players like Clint and a couple kids but it's heavier on picks. I was told his value just isn't that high due to the contract and his health.

KAT was unavailable as recent as Monday is what I gathered and he just got the information today. 

Gobert has officially been pulled off the open market. He was one of the most available players on the market like JC but his price tag was so deep in the negatives and teams valued cheaper centers instead and the starting center market for the most part is a tad dry outside of a few teams who are targeting cheap guys or Clint. 

KAT price should be cheaper than siakam lol. Horrible contract and worst player 

now that I’m typing it it’s probbaly similar cause siakam wouldn’t commit but eh. Dre Clint (to third team) bey and picks but nothing more 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

KAT price should be cheaper than siakam lol. Horrible contract and worst player 

now that I’m typing it it’s probbaly similar cause siakam wouldn’t commit but eh. Dre Clint (to third team) bey and picks but nothing more 

This pretty much and teams aren't dying for centers right now unless they are cost efficient.

Truth is, this isn't much different than what Atlanta is willing to do for Siakam. Toronto wants more is the thing.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2