• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

I like all of our guys..I know it's hard to watch the Hawks sometimes..I get frustrated with them..but sometimes change is good..I hope Quinn gets them going so we don't get frustrated but there going to have to learn and thats what it will be startingout..always hard and fun to watch sometimes..I'll pull for whoever we get except LeBron then I'll stop watching if that happens..we all got that hawks blood in us and we are all here..we want to see a championship..I bet this board will get alot of new members if that happened but the ones here now are TRUE fans..let go Hawks !!! HOPING FOR A GREAT YEAR!!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

The only players that should be traded are Hunter and Capela

Y'all need to stop trying to trade theyoung guys (AJ & JJ) That's actually asinine  and shows that some of y'all have absolutely no foresight

Actually it’s the opposite.  If they all pan out how you guys project, we wont be able to afford them all anyways, so its better to get value in a consolidation now.  Or worst case you end up with another Collins situation.  Having foresight is not exclusive to projecting young talent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

So what you're saying is the pursuit of Siakam or Townes make no sense. You already have your potential star on the team already. This feeling out period is more of a moratorium on Trae than it is the younger players.

You realize you quoted him comparing AJ and JJ, right?

There was no mention of anything you say here, remotely. How did you read his words and interpret them the way you did?

16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Actually it’s the opposite.  If they all pan out how you guys project, we wont be able to afford them all anyways, so its better to get value in a consolidation now.  Or worst case you end up with another Collins situation.  Having foresight is not exclusive to projecting young talent.

Thank you. I have never thought about it like this. That eases my mind a little about potentially losing one of the "youngins."

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Good superstars are never the available superstars. The only superstars that become available are going to have enough flaws that make it practical to trade them with out being torched by the fan base. PG13 has flaws (health, age, contract) Zion has flaws (weight, maturity)

The only times a premium talent becomes available is if they force a trade or become a Free Agent. Otherwise, teams are not shopping good stars.

I say that to say, every guy we are rumored to want will carry issues that are not-palatable to some. It is what it is.

I don't disagree.  But sometimes good is defined by the future. 

You don't your best young assets for a rental.  It makes no sense.   If we knew that Danny Manning would walk, do you think we would have still made the Nique trade?  And Nique was not a young asset.   Right now, there are several possibilities... however, don't paint us scared to trade assets if we don't have a target that is worthy of the asset. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MuriettaHawker said:

When does this KAT to ATL trade become official? We neeeeeeed to make it done. Minnesota is just dragging this out, and I hope the Hawks are shopping for better deals! 

Another great question..lol

Not to burst anyone's bubble about trading for KAT. I think it would be wise for us to sit back and let things play out a little longer.  It would be wise to monitor the Giannis and Joel Embiid situations before we hitch ourselves to any other player. How will Giannis fare with a new and unproven coach and how will Joel Embiid like the players they put around him this season? I believe these are the next big dominoes who every team in the NBA are monitoring right now that isn't being mentioned publicly but definitely being talked about privately. New York will probably have first digs on either player because their treasure chest is humongous, but they can't get both of them. I wouldn't mind trading for KAT either but playing the strings out a little longer might be more beneficial for us in the end. Thoughts?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I have to imagine we're waiting for the Dame situation to come to some conclusion (even if the conclusion is Portland is holding tight for a while).  My guess is we would still prefer to be a part of a Dame deal to Boston that sends JB to us over a KAT deal, and until that is entirely off the table, we won't follow through with a KAT trade.  Just my speculation based on everything I've heard from the media and the rumors in here.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Enjoy that tummy tuck buddy! 😊 

One time, and @JayBirdHawkyou’ll dig this, a friend of mine was getting surgery for a deviated septum. He texted me about it and I think I said, enjoy rhinoplasty ya big nose bastard!  :laugh1:

Him: image.gif.09cdc590bce859ea922967dcdd504449.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TRW said:

Not to burst anyone's bubble about trading for KAT. I think it would be wise for us to sit back and let things play out a little longer.  It would be wise to monitor the Giannis and Joel Embiid situations before we hitch ourselves to any other player. How will Giannis fare with a new and unproven coach and how will Joel Embiid like the players they put around him this season? I believe these are the next big dominoes who every team in the NBA are monitoring right now that isn't being mentioned publicly but definitely being talked about privately. New York will probably have first digs on either player because their treasure chest is humongous, but they can't get both of them. I wouldn't mind trading for KAT either but playing the strings out a little longer might be more beneficial for us in the end. Thoughts?

That's what I'm talking about!  forget the artificial ingredients! Go for the real superstars!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That's what I'm talking about!  forget the artificial ingredients! Go for the real superstars!

Hoping for Embiid and Giannis to become available is not wise. That’s like the Knicks fans waiting for Trae to become available

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Hoping for Embiid and Giannis to become available is not wise. That’s like the Knicks fans waiting for Trae to become available

What you stated is true and valid but what's also true and valid is that Giannis can and will be offered an extension after this season. I don't think he extends and Milwaukee might have to trade him. Embiid on the other hand has never been to the Easter finals and he may be getting impatient.  Embiid made the statement "I can't do it by myself". I think we're in a good position, regardless of what the naysayers and BSPN says.

PS: Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and every opinion should be respected. With that said, please stop arguing with people who claim Trae isn't a Superstar. BSPN and certain powers in the Association are trying to tarnish his name until they can force him to LA. Don't you see! He gets slighted for two All-Star games (the NBA tried to add him when one of the Allstars got hurt but Trae refused and I don't blame him) and most teams call him a coach killer and a non winning player in public but privately try to entice him to leave Atlanta in private. Notice I said entice him. Kendrick Perkins is the only BSPN analyst who speaks about the nonsense they speak about Trae. It's politicking in its finest form. The goal is to stop the Atlanta Hawks success anyway they can to make their dream of enticing Trae to ask out at any cost. Open your eyes my fellow Hawk enthusiasts and continue to monitor the plot as it thickens.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

JJ's limitations

skinnier than you'd like from a 4

inconsistent outside shooting

plays like he's in NBA2k22 (risk taking).

AJ's limitations

height

lateral speed (defense)

lack of burst (offense)

JJ's can be coached, AJ's limitation are all DNA.

That said, I like both.  You need each on a team...1 sniper and 1 game changer.

Passivity (JJ plays a bit scared occasionally)

Athleticism - there is no comparison.  JJ is a far superior athlete.

"skinnier than you'd like for a 4"

Play him at SF then.. lol

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TRW said:

I wouldn't wait..no one is coming here unless we trade