• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
Just now, Threezus said:

I got a legit question if we get Siakam and pair him with Okongwu     if you combine their nicknames together does that make their  pairing named  Spicy POO  ?

Finally, a worthy discussion point.  I think that's exactly what our front court nick name will be.  Spicy POO will be too strong for those charmin soft front courts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With all of this chatter on the site today I would rather have KAT than Siakam but I certainly wouldn't mind either if the price isn't too steep. Please remember guys that most of us are just passionate about our Hawks and hopefully posters can learn to respect each other as well. How's that back Sothron?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

BREAKING: Pascal Siakam is being traded to the Atlanta Hawks for De'Andre Hunter, Onyeka Okongwu, Jalen Johnson, A.J. Griffin and three 1st round picks (one via Sacramento).

Wow, feels like an overpay...

[Mod insert:  This post is indeed a joke.]

Catching up . . so I'm not reading ahead in case something happened.

As I was reading this post, I was looking like Eddie Murphy on SNL at my desk.

image.jpeg.990bbd5d34a09b02de44681287fb508e.jpeg

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Siakam deal seems like it's going to go through.  Feels too much like the Murray deal from last year.  If it doesn't, I still have heavy doubts we actually pursue KAT.  It just does not logically follow for what Landry has repeatedly emphasized for what he wants out of players on this squad.  We can talk about KAT and his superstar offense ad nauseum, but he does not have "Hawks DNA", he barely defends one position, much less 2-3, and his contract in conjuction with his injury history/risk are too high.  Landry has been cooking too hard since he took over to take such a wild risk.  I'd be shocked.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Could you guys at least put avatars on your burners? Thanks

Man, to have a burner account on Hawksquawk has to be a low moment in an individuals life lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Can one of y’all who really wants Siakam please let me know why? Specifically, what you like about a Trae / DJM / Siakam / OO core.

Not trying to argue, I just genuinely want to know so I can share in your excitement when we trade for him.

Adding him could only help. He only has one year left on his deal so it's not a huge commitment. Im assuming LF is holding firm and not upping his offer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Can one of y’all who really wants Siakam please let me know why? Specifically, what you like about a Trae / DJM / Siakam / OO core.

Not trying to argue, I just genuinely want to know so I can share in your excitement when we trade for him.

I still prefer KAT but I love Siakam's defensive ability, his ability to get to the basket at will, his hustle, and also his playmaking. Hopefully his 3pt. shot improves. He's a winner.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Man, ask Landry Fields

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

The main reason for me is that he actually seems available to acquire via trade based on the smoke. I don't think KAT or JB was EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER available for trade.

So essentially instead of pining for someone like Jayson Tatum, or SGA, or Anthony Davis trades and fits, I'll take an All-NBA talent that is available that doesn't require trading away our other all-stars.

A bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush in the NBA. JUST ASK OKC

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2