• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Pascal to the hawks is close. Look for Dallas to be the third team involved with the 2027 first and/or josh green. 

teams could be trying to get this deal worked in with the grant Williams sign and trade and make it a 5 teamer for cap reasons. Let’s see 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

That being said. Pascal to the hawks is close. Look for Dallas to be the third team involved with the 2027 first and/or josh green. 

teams could be trying to get this deal worked in with the grant Williams sign and trade and make it a 5 teamer for cap reasons. Let’s see 

I wouldn’t mind Josh Green for us.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Siakam deal seems like it's going to go through.  Feels too much like the Murray deal from last year.  If it doesn't, I still have heavy doubts we actually pursue KAT.  It just does not logically follow for what Landry has repeatedly emphasized for what he wants out of players on this squad.  We can talk about KAT and his superstar offense ad nauseum, but he does not have "Hawks DNA", he barely defends one position, much less 2-3, and his contract in conjuction with his injury history/risk are too high.  Landry has been cooking too hard since he took over to take such a wild risk.  I'd be shocked.

KAT's contract is crazy, but at least he's a BIG and a lights out 3pt shooter that won't hurt our spacing.  

And, Siakam is an FA next offseason so we're going to have to resign him to a huge contract anyway.  It won't be far away from KAT's IMO.

• Like 1

Does Siakam have some kind of history of being able to shut down Tatum or Embiid that I’m not aware of? Kind of like how OO is the Giannis stopper.

Because if we’re not going to be able to shoot the 3 well, we damn sure better be able to shut these superstars down on defense.

38 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Can one of y’all who really wants Siakam please let me know why? Specifically, what you like about a Trae / DJM / Siakam / OO core.

Not trying to argue, I just genuinely want to know so I can share in your excitement when we trade for him.

I personally prefer KAT, but the only advantages I see with PS are better defense and cheaper contract (though likely still overpriced if they resign him). 

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Does Siakam have some kind of history of being able to shut down Tatum or Embiid that I’m not aware of? Kind of like how OO is the Giannis stopper.

Because if we’re not going to be able to shoot the 3 well, we damn sure better be able to shut these superstars down on defense.

They gonna be able to shoot. Every player on the hawks starting 5 will be *able* to shoot. And Quin will likely have them a top the league in attempts. 

From Trae to O they all will fire threes this szn. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update

Not for the Hawks though

Indiana has made an offer to Toronto for Siakam

2024 1st unprotected

Buddy Hield

T.J. McConnell

And Jalen Smith

For Pascal Siakam

I was told this is Indys final offer. 

While I don't expect this to win out against Atlanta. It's a fairly strong offer considering Siakam is expiring and won't commit to resigning with anyone.

Basically an expiring plus a FRP.. lol

Pacers give up 2024? That would be stupid af for them if they did.

Edited by theheroatl

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update

Not for the Hawks though

2024 1st unprotected

Buddy Hield

T.J. McConnell

And Jalen Smith

For Pascal Siakam

While I don't expect this to win out against Atlanta. It's a fairly strong offer considering Siakam is expiring and won't commit to resigning with anyone.

giphy.gif

No bid war.  If this is the price, Get KAT

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Siakam has been a top tier defender pretty much every year he has been in the league.  Maybe 1 or 2 hiccups here or there but in general i would say a top 3 or so PF defender yearly.  OO might be a better lock down defender on 1 guy but at his best.  But overall Pascal has been a better defender on team help defense and 1 on 1 defense on a nightly basis than OO.   This is not a shot at OO either because his defense is very good to but more so a credit to Siakam on how stable and quality his defense is night in and night out most years.   You put both of them together on defense and that is a elite level combo on defense that will be insane on other teams almost every night.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update

Not for the Hawks though

2024 1st unprotected

Buddy Hield

T.J. McConnell

And Jalen Smith

For Pascal Siakam

I think Soths source said Siakam is more willing to sign an extension with the hawks now.

at least I thought I saw that 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update

Not for the Hawks though

2024 1st unprotected

Buddy Hield

T.J. McConnell

And Jalen Smith

For Pascal Siakam

I hope Indiana wins the sweepstakes at this point.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2