• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So?  Did you just ask the question as a vehicle to attack someone's answer?  Seems so.  I blame myself for not seeing this coming a mile away.  I'm out. 

Do you think he gives a fist pump every time he catches someone in the trap? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

There's a post buried in here where I said what my Twolf source told me about Toronto and why it is hard to trade with them.

They represent the entire country of Canada. No other NBA team has that kind of burden. Their fans are RABID. When you talk about the best NBA fanbases Toronto is legit one of the best if not the best in the Association. 

As a result of these two factors their ownership and FO are scared to make trades especially BIG trades. Trading Siakam is their admission to the fans the championship days are gone and it is a soft rebuild around Barnes and OG.

We as non Toronto fans can see this. Frankly everyone can see this BUT Raps fans. That is why you see so much venom and nonsensical trade offers presented by their fans. They know Pascal is gone. We all know this. But they don't want to admit it. 

Landry doing that interview was the second public admission by our FO to our fans to expect more trades. The first public admission was trading JC to give "financial flexibility" to improve the team.  Another telling comment is DJM' s comments before and after he signed the extension. It is crystal clear he took a big discount to stay HERE so the team would have the cap space to go get a third guy.

There is no way they come out of this offseason without making another trade to land a third star.  I expect Capela and Hunter to be gone. I said before last season was gone that at least two of our front court starters would be gone if not all three. It looks like I will  be right.

Back to Toronto: I don't pay attention to Toronto media but it sounds like their FO is still in the "deny everything, ask for the moon" stage of prepping a fanbase. They need to start making more realistic statements like the Blazers have done with Dame. The media leaks have said Toronto doesn't want to give Pascal a max deal. That there is a 70/30 chance of a trade (someone posted that earlier in this thread). The team needs to start transitioning the fanbase to a soft rebuild sell and NOT "we will get the galaxy for an almost 30 year player that doesn't fit out plans". 

"And for the record: I would much, much rather have KAT than Pascal Siakam. I think he will be another non shooter to go with DJM around Trae. Put OO in at center and guess what? Another non shooter. That's three guys. I'm not sold on that fit". 

What does the F.O. see that we dont? Why is Paskal their #1 option?

I like Paskal as a player but I dont love the fit offensively either..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

PLEASE just make a strong push to bring in KAT. 
I have a feeling Masai is not just trying to leverage us vs IN or whoever, but is leveraging these potential trades with Siakam to get him to be willing to resign with Toronto for a lot less than what he was saying he wanted. 
He knows Siakam really, really wants to stay there. If he can go to him and be like, “listen, we love you, but we can’t afford the supermax. So if you really want to stay, take less or we will have to trade you to do what’s best for the team.”

I see this as a real possibility.

Them trading Siakam would be unpopular. They want to keep him but not for the Max. This is also why Siakam is saying he won’t resign elsewhere.

They are likely playing chicken with one another.

Raptors: Resign for less or we will have to trade you. 

Siakam: I’ll make sure nobody wants to trade for me. What will you do then?

Hawks: We will take him.

Raptors/Siakam: Dang okay, um… your move next. (I didn’t think it would get this far)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Is this not just as embarrassing for us as it is for Toronto?

They’re the girl who is holding out for someone better to ask her to prom.

We’re the guy who already asked her and are waiting for her to weigh her options before she says yes.

I just hope all our eggs aren’t in one basket. 

I said the same thing, well kinda I said somebody would wind up with 2am bar girl. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Landry's interview today about our young guys was eye opening. He pretty much acknowledged moving them for more playing time on another team is better for them and for us.

Translation: prepare for a trade

Where is the video?

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

We as non Toronto fans can see this. Frankly everyone can see this BUT Raps fans. That is why you see so much venom and nonsensical trade offers presented by their fans. They know Pascal is gone. We all know this. But they don't want to admit it. 

I think the reason Masai can't accept our offer, is because he's seeing all these fans' venomous and nonsensical trade offers all over the place. He sees their expectations and knows our offer will disappoint those delusional fans. He doesn't wanna deal with the backlash. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It just makes no sense. It just doesn't happen in any sport in reality. You may see a few ring chasers follow lebron etc around but never the 2nd best player giving up money to pay the 3rd best player more. There are more plausible explanation are available.

James Harden did this exact thing last offseason...took a $14.3 mil paycut so Sixers could sign PJ Tucker and some other player. He declined his player option for $47 million and resigned for 2 yrs/$68 mil (1+1 PO).

He was expecting a max contract extension this offseason, didn't happen.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

I think the reason Masai can't accept our offer, is because he's seeing all these fans' venomous and nonsensical trade offers all over the place. He sees their expectations and knows our offer will disappoint those delusional fans. He doesn't wanna deal with the backlash. 

That and Masai's own gimmick of never losing on trades.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nbatalk07 said:

Just joined this board but wanted to give yall some info but I think this to comes an end soon with the pelicans being involved possibly.

Good.. Im tired of talking about it.. lol

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

James Harden did this exact thing last offseason...took a $14.3 mil paycut so Sixers could sign PJ Tucker and some other player. He declined his player option for $47 million and resigned for 2 yrs/$68 mil (1+1 PO).

He was expecting a max contract extension this offseason, didn't happen.

But not to have the team sign anybody who would make more than him. Plus Harden is mid 30's. Dj is 26

You know before this BS I was happy for Kawhi, Masai and the Raps (except for their funky fans on FakeGM) but this is some seriously annoying ish. :huh:

No wonder my boy Kawhi left. Masai must be impossible as a boss.

I bet he delegates a bunch of stuff he has to do onto others and ends up using it as his own. I dunno, I smell shadiness.