• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

hace 13 horas, Diesel dijo:

I don't see the problems that you see.   You said Size, Defense, and Rebounding.   Well, we haven't moved Clint.  I think the Clint/OO combo at the 5 is a very good one for rebounding  and defense. 

PF is another story.   JJ, Bey, and DH are going to fight over the 3 and the 4 spot minutes.   Those are good sized guys.   Bey is aggressive he just needs defevelpment on defense.   IF Hunter were more aggressive, this would not be a conversation.   Because Hunter is one of those big wings.   However, we have to realize that a trade could still come later but I'm not for trading with no rhyme or reason. 

Okongwu is a 6’9”C, nearly 6’8” Capela is 6’10”. Above average defenders, cannot shoot and struggle to defend big C. OO size is more adequate to PF position, he is not a good rebounder. We don’t have any big C or a stretch 5.

JJ is a 6’8” PF that will also struggle to defend big PF, not a good shooter. Bey is 6’7”, can shoot but cannot defend any PF. We don’t have a big PF or  stretch 4.

Is very simple, all players are undersized, we don’t have a single frontcourt rotation player with size and we are really thin, just 3 players that are frontcourt players.

We  will be bullied on the paint, they are not good shooters, we will be bullied on the paint and outrebounded often.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

no meaningful front court player

Wtf 😳 Yeaaaaa Siakam isn’t meaningful. We gotta be better than that as a fanbase. Here I am wearing Hawks gear helping old ladies cross the street safely and Plain is saying Pascal isn’t a “meaningful front court player”… 🤦 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If you're never on topic, how can you be off topic?

Ahhh ma boy 👦 how goes it? Up from a Power Nap 😴 advised to be my the Portland Blazers staff in 2015. #holdfirmPortland #get7firstsHerroUdonisthemascotandkgBILtoo

:sarcastic:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wretch said:

I'd hold on to AJ at pretty much all costs, but it's all negotiable as far as I'm concerned.  Anybody can get it for the right price.  I think what gets lost in a lot of the stats and sacred cows is the timing of when moves are made.  Consider the "going rate" for Steph in each of these photos:

step

I am ABSOLUTELY NOT trying to say "AJ might be Steph Curry" or "JJ is going to be the next LeBron!"  The point isn't about player development, projections, or anything like that.  It's not just about young/inexperienced players either because timing affects the availability of established talent as well.  My point is just to illustrate how important timing is.  It's not just important to pull the trigger, but equally important to pull it at the right time.

I like what you wrote. AJ is special. Having said that, I can’t give it a LIKE 👍 because I hate that dude 🍵 😂 @Wretch I 💗 your posts despite the fact that you think OO is Chuck Hayes 😂.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I've accepted it at this point, probably makes sense to be more anal about staying on topic once basketball starts again.

Np. I totally get just wanting to talk basketball 🏀 but if at any point you wanna know what new speedo 🩲 style @kg01 has ordered through Amazon for future Sac bbq 🍗’s just mosey on over to ISE and we will have all the patterns laid out via gifs. Click link below 👇🏾 

Don’t mind McGee flying by he’s gettin cagey’s breakfast 🍳 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Okongwu is a 6’9”C, nearly 6’8” Capela is 6’10”. Above average defenders, cannot shoot and struggle to defend big C. OO size is more adequate to PF position, he is not a good rebounder. We don’t have any big C or a stretch 5.

JJ is a 6’8” PF that will also struggle to defend big PF, not a good shooter. Bey is 6’7”, can shoot but cannot defend any PF. We don’t have a big PF or  stretch 4.

Is very simple, all players are undersized, we don’t have a single frontcourt rotation player with size and we are really thin, just 3 players that are frontcourt players.

We  will be bullied on the paint, they are not good shooters, we will be bullied on the paint and outrebounded often.

There are not that many dominant big men left in the modern NBA to justify this as a legitimate concern. We were a top 10 rebounding team with CC and OO. 
The best big men out there:

Jokic, Giannis, Embiid, Davis

OO holds his own against Giannis, 

CC holds his own vs Jokic

Davis rarely plays against us and hasn’t hurt us on the glass since his Pelican days.

Embiid is unique because I have seen OO and CC play well against him, but he has also dominated them.

Thing is, all teams are small these days. Bam is 6’9, Robert Williams is 6’9, those are the starting centers for the conference finals teams the last 2 seasons. And those guys are effective not because they are big, but because they can cover ground. 

We are not lacking size compared to contenders. We are lacking skill if anything. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Would only really expect this take from someone that doesn't watch Okongwu play.  He doesn't get bullied by anyone, including Embiid, Giannis, etc.  

Actually, to edit this -- he does sometimes get bullied by the refs.  I imagine that will chill out a bit once he's a starter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

It's OK though.

The smallest guy on the court, who plays tougher and bigger than everyone on offense, will save us. Or at least people will expect him to save us 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hace 13 horas, JeffS17 dijo:

Would only really expect this take from someone that doesn't watch Okongwu play.  He doesn't get bullied by anyone, including Embiid, Giannis, etc.  

Actually, to edit this -- he does sometimes get bullied by the refs.  I imagine that will chill out a bit once he's a starter.

I have seen Okongwu play many times, he had some good performances and others not so good, he has been dominated by Embiid, Lopez killed us, had hard times covering Allen, Zubac, Portis, Porzingis, Adebayo…. List is not short..

We are really thin at frontcourt, we have only 3 players that can play with some guarantee and that is assuming JJ can play, all of them are below average size, none of them can shoot, I am fine you don’t see the elephant on the room but any team is deeper on the frontcourt than us.

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I have seen Okongwu play many times, he had some good performances and others not so good, he has been dominated by Embiid, Lopez killed us, had hard times covering Allen, Zubac, Portis, Porzingis, Adebayo…. List is not short..

We are really thin at frontcourt, we have only 3 players that can play with some guarantee and that is assuming JJ can play, all of them are below average size, none of them can shoot, I am fine you don’t see the elephant on the room but any team is deeper on the frontcourt than us.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.  We've had poor team defense for a number of reasons (awful perimeter D, poor coaching, etc.), but OO's individual ability hasn't been the reason some of those guys killed us.  Only issue I've seen which I believe he has cleaned up a bit is fouling too often. 

55 minutes ago, txsting said:

As I've said before, this should not be an open thread.  It should only be open for posting by you, campster, supes, and anyone else who has a channel to team leaks.

Then we would have a separate "comment" thread for people to open discuss what you guys post in here.  That way everyone can find the relevant information easily.

This 💯

Mods, can we make it happen?

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Embiid is unique because I have seen OO and CC play well against him, but he has also dominated them.

Btw, the reason for this is officiating.  Embiid is the type of player that will feast on any and everyone if he's getting a soft whistle (which he does very often), but he isn't actually that good against physical defenders if the refs are allowing it.  Unfortunately, most of the time he gets soft touch fouls.