• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Respectfully disagree. Again, we need a starting caliber 4. 

I had much rather start the season with Mohammed Gueye at he 4 than some bum, who has no desire to be here that we have traded a good player for.  I want players who want to be here.  Murray is a fine example.  Not just because we share a last name.  He signed a very reasonable contract extention this summer.  He proved that he wants to be a Hawk!

One of my real fears is that we will trade away a good player and he will explode somewhere else becaue our coaches didn't know how to get the best out of him.  Give some time with our current coaching staff before we give up on anyone.

Growing up in the depression area, I was taught to use up everything you have before asking for more.  I apply this tough rule to the Hawks.  I believe that we have a bushel of talent right now.  Make sure it will not fit before moving it.

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

than some bum,

That’s no way to speak about our own JJ but I digress ..

14 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

who has no desire to be here that we have traded a good player for.

Oh that guy, that was just hearsay. 🤨 

15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Growing up in the depression area, I was taught to use up everything you have before asking for more.  I apply this tough rule to the Hawks.  I believe that we have a bushel of talent right now.  Make sure it will not fit before moving it.

I dig that gramps but if it doesn’t come to fruition this time..(after 14 rebuilds..) I don’t know what I’m gonna do..

We built.. didn’t happen..

we built.. didn’t happen..

So the law at this point is wait until it happens, like it HASN’T the last 14 rebuilds equating to a ring 💍…. 

OR..

Go get our man 👨 Siakam and stop the charade. 

If we don’t, I hope you’re right gramps and the 15th time is a charm with all our young dudes making it work. AGAIN, please hear 👂🏾 me out.. we have 3 key young guys…

OO

AJ

JJ

Use the latter, CC, and Hunter (we got Bey) and go for it. 

I’d rather have an all star ⭐️ pf with finals experience and a ring 💍 to start for the Hawks in 2023-24 over a guy who played 14 minutes a game last year. Just me I guess.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, warcore said:

serious question -- do you believe he would be an all star in Atlanta?

I don't know if he will ever be an allstar again.

They took the positions off of the allstars right?

• Like 2

I am back for a reason. 

The Hawks primary target is not on the market but the buzz is his agent is putting out feelers. 

The Hawks are one of the primary teams that want him. 

That player is no other than Joel Embiid. The rumor is the cost isn't out there but it will be extremely expensive. I am told maybe too expensive for most teams. 

I don't believe you can land JoJo without your team being destroyed. Philly is planning on playing through it is what's being said behind the scenes but you know the pressure NBA players can put on NBA teams. 

It's going to be unique. I am told, Atlanta is extremely interested. I am told other teams are interested. JoJo will have a lot of impact where he goes which is ultimately the big issue when it comes to trades and getting the value they want. I've said it before, this trade will be more expensive than the AD trade. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am being told there are 7 teams extremely interested in a trade for Embiid

New York

Brooklyn 

Cleveland

Toronto

Houston

OKC

Atlanta

The issue is JoJo wants to go to a contender only. How many of these teams can be a contender after this trade is going to be very very very difficult to do. 

The favorites are NY but I am told they aren't close. Problem is this teams have pennies on a dollar to give who are contenders and Philly wants a lot if JoJo is moved. 

Miami was the sure bet but that'd died down since Miami prefers Bam over JoJo and rather get Lillard instead without trading Butler or Bam. Obviously to the chagrin of the Blazers who hate the lack of value. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Morey is going to want Trae, Murray, Griffin, OO, 4 1sts and 3 swaps. 

I wouldn't take JoeLLLL for free.  Definition of an empty calories player.  He's closer to Ben Simmons as a playoff performer than he is to Trae.  And Trae has a no-show series on his resume. 

• Like 1