• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's not a rebuild per se. But it would seem we have to trade one of DJM or Trae. Unless you want to draft Sarr and run it back and see if QS can make it work. 

Come on, Pelicans… just send us Herb Jones.  Let’s work with each other here.  

Billy Knight would be drooling over a lineup that surrounds Trae with JJ - Jones - Sarr - OO.  Positionless… focus on roles.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Seems clear he's not meant to be doing much TV.  But BSPN is paying him too much to 'just' be the deep throat behind all their rumors. 

Eggsactly!

But Laundry is one of these Stanford guys who are above it all and want to pretend to be the smartest guy in the room.  So he'll pretend like it doesn't matter that Trae is being hung out to dry because it doesn't matter to HIM.  And, in his infinite wisdom, if it matters not to.him then it's not important.  Total tone deafness. 

I agree with this KG… Landry is not doing himself favors by trying to come off as too smart to acknowledge rumors.. 

It comes from a place of viewing players like puzzle pieces and you have to do that but not to the public.. you lie to the presss and say “hell naw we ain’t letting our all star guard DJ Murray touch the market, those fools are liars”

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I think some are just scared of Trae demanding out, so they're creating scenarios where he's moved.

Kind of like quitting a job you know you're about to get fired from?  🤣

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

It's tiring. We finally have the #1 pick, and people are acting like we suddenly need to blow the team up and start over. 

Because it is option as well, like everything else.  Reset the team is the last thing that anybody wants but it is going to be a long time before we get this opportunity again and you got players that is going to give you some assets with Trae/Murray/Bogi would give you the best ones.

At the end of the day

3pt7dl.jpg

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Never seen that before.  Must be reserved for the Squawk Elite, not us pleebs.  

Click on your name in the upper right hand corner (If on a PC) and scroll down to "ignored users". The feature works really well when posters are spamming in threads and you want to filter out the noise. It's like putting posters on temporary time out so you don't have to scroll through their endless emotional rants or circular arguments. 🤣

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Come on, Pelicans… just send us Herb Jones.  Let’s work with each other here.  

Billy Knight would be drooling over a lineup that surrounds Trae with JJ - Jones - Sarr - OO.  Positionless… focus on roles.

I like the idea behind that line-up but next season that is not nearly enough shooting (in terms of ability to shoot the 3 or volume) around Trae.  OO and Sarr are in the infancy of their ability to shoot with accuracy and range so the team would take is lumps next season - which may be okay if you are looking long term.  

1 minute ago, Packfill said:

I like the idea behind that line-up but next season that is not nearly enough shooting (in terms of ability to shoot the 3 or volume) around Trae.  OO and Sarr are in the infancy of their ability to shoot with accuracy and range so the team would take is lumps next season - which may be okay if you are looking long term.  

Had the same thought myself — I think you’re right.  Sarr might start out backing up JJ and Jones.

Bufkin | Jones | Sarr | OO would be a nice defensive group

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was livid on Sunday. Only to be ecstatic on Tuesday. 

We gave a legit chance of being that team next year. 

It's as I said the other day, any other near-playoff team gets to add the #1 pick and we all assume they vault themselves the next year

Why can't that be us? 

• Like 4

Theme song for Supes reclaiming his love for Hawks basketball:

Sunday left him broken
Monday he was through with hoping
Tuesday his empty arms were open
Wednesday , waiting for love, waiting for love (insert Harry the Hawk tweet here)

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Because it is option as well, like everything else.  Reset the team is the last thing that anybody wants but it is going to be a long time before we get this opportunity again and you got players that is going to give you some assets with Trae/Murray/Bogi would give you the best ones.

At the end of the day

3pt7dl.jpg

That pic on the right is @AHF walkin' into the squawks annual masquerade ball for charity. 

We said wear a suit and a mask.  It was a black tie affair, so he clearly got the wrong idea. 

• Haha 1

We don't know what deals are out there. But I reject the notion trading Trae means full on rebuild, whereas trading DJ is the sensible move. They aren't a cohesive fit, and one should probably go. And which one largely depends on the deals available. Running it back is an option too, but it's just hard to see how QS can make it work. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's as I said the other day, any other near-playoff team gets to add the #1 pick and we all assume they vault themselves the next year

Why can't that be us? 

I think that while Sarr has big upside, he is a developmental prospect who is not yet fully formed (we are not talking about Tim Duncan, a ready made contributor day one), so I would expect him to struggle with contributing to winning during his rookie season.  I think Sarr may be great and may help the Hawks make a leap, but if he does I expect that to be in year two or three, not his rookie year (and that would be true no matter which team he were joining).

I do think a guy like Clingan is more ready to contribute to winning day one then Sarr.  But if the focus is on upside and long term impact next season is of less importance - you just want to see signs that he is moving in the right direction.  

2 hours ago, AHF said:

The media people who are playing telephone game with what Woj said to make it sound like Trae is being dangled to the league are the people I'm talking about.  You get Woj saying something like "the Hawks might look to deal Trae if they want to rebuild or retool the team" and then you get another media person saying "The Hawks are shopping Trae Young around the league according to reports from Woj."  

This is why I think the Hawks need to be more proactive about stamping down rumors.  Even if they are going to look at moving someone, they need to do more to embrace their guys as long as they are here.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Seems clear he's not meant to be doing much TV.  But BSPN is paying him too much to 'just' be the deep throat behind all their rumors. 

Eggsactly!

But Laundry is one of these Stanford guys who are above it all and want to pretend to be the smartest guy in the room.  So he'll pretend like it doesn't matter that Trae is being hung out to dry because it doesn't matter to HIM.  And, in his infinite wisdom, if it matters not to.him then it's not important.  Total tone deafness. 

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Well the Hawks are making no effects to quell those rumors. Landry has done media since the draft and could have easily said "we aren't trading Trae", and he didn't. There is no upside in leaving the issue unaddressed if in fact we aren't interested in trading him. 

Does Landry need to say anything publicly or reach out to Trae directly and say that's BS and reassure Trae to make sure they are on the same page. 

The media are going to media.  Front offices have to make sure they are communicating with their star player and don't necessarily have to say things to make us feel all warm and fuzzy. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

Does Landry need to say anything publicly or reach out to Trae directly and say that's BS and reassure Trae to make sure they are on the same page. 

Heard from a guy that works with the team Trae went in and met with the front office yesterday to discuss the future.  Will be interesting to see what comes out in the coming weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The media are going to media.  Front offices have to make sure they are communicating with their star player and don't necessarily have to say things to make us feel all warm and fuzzy. 

Let's just say for the sake of argument the Hawks are shopping Trae. Should the Hawks be honest and tell him they are shopping him, or should they lie and tell him they aren't?