• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get it, but we're always looking to the future for our youngs guys to take the next step. Since we drafted Trae, not one of our other lottery picks have come out the box ready to make some noise from day 1 like he did.

Giannis has a 3+1 deal and will be 32 - that would be our window. Trae wouldn't even be 30 yet.

[And I'm not saying we should, but I would get it if we did...I just think it'sa pipe dream though].

But again...it can't be just trade for Giannis and do nothing else with the roster.

Definitely agree with this sentiment— the biggest thing about Giannis to me is I can see guys wanting to come here and play with him (moreso than Embiid).  Could help a lot with the issues weve had signing quality vets and MLE guys.  JoeLLLL on the other hand can barely stay on the court and has a loser mentality.  Landry probably wouldnt want him anyways though because Embiid definitely does not have Hawks DNA

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Similarly, if we traded Trae to SA for 4 picks and had a bunch of guys like Jalen, Sarr, and Reed Sheppard  I would be excited and support.

I also like the Trae, JJ, and Sarr trio if we go that route.  

Huge decisions in the next few weeks.  

Yeah, same here, we are in such a materially better spot due to some lucky ping pong balls.  We’re in a great position and this offseason will largely dictate Landrys legacy as our GM

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

The star in question is not KD

Thank goodness!

3 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

I agree with the sentiment from another site. Overthinking this situation isn't necessary; if Trae is unhappy, then the front office should respect his wishes and consider trading him.

Big Trae supporter but this is so true if we overthink this!…gotta move carefully Landry!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I'd be fine with this trade if we don't give up the 1st pick.  I don't think I'd want to do it if we do.  That would be the sticking point for me.  

We could have: 

Trae / Bogi / Hunter /  Giannis / OO

Kobe / Daniels / Vit / Mo / Sarr

Vit plus vets at the end of the bench

PLayin team.. 6th seed at best..

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Similarly, if we traded Trae to SA for 4 picks and had a bunch of guys like Jalen, Sarr, and Reed Sheppard  I would be excited and support.

I also like the Trae, JJ, and Sarr trio if we go that route.  

Huge decisions in the next few weeks.  

A Trae, JJ, Sarr trio is a great core to build off of moving forward. I love keeping Bogi and one of our centers around, as well as Bufkin, Krecji and Mo Geuye as versatile pieces on both ends of the floor.

We know what Trae is. JJ is still a rising star talent and Sarr can be an elite big man even if never a superstar player. The versatility of JJ and Sarr upfront really helps Trae on both ends of the court. Add floor spacers, defense, and BBIQ around them and you have something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I TOLD YOU!! I TOLD YOU!! What I say? Didn’t I say it Trae could ask the FO to trade the pick to get a star or to trade him if they don’t?! 
Didn’t I saw that?! Yeah I said that. 
I’ll take the doubters apologies off the air thank you very much. 

I speculated KD, but we’ll see. 

So, I’ll ask this again:

would you rather have 

Trae + KD

or 

Murray + Sarr

?

Murray + Sarr.. lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hawkish said:

It’s Pascal Anthony-Towns.

Is he a star?

5 hours ago, Hawkish said:

I MIGHT consider KD for Hunter and Capela.  That’s how little I value a diva.

Now we're talking.. lol

5 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

lol those of us that weren't burying our head in the sand to all the reports and circumstantial evidence saw this coming.  The question is not Trae+Giannis/Embiid versus Murray + Sarr, it's Murray + Sarr + JJ and a bunch of picks for flexibility, etc.

We're not good enough to go all-in and completely mortgage our future.  We'll be burning out in the first/second round for a few years then be in absolute purgatory when the aging star we trade for starts declining.  Trae is 25 years old and imo in no position to make ultimatums for us to go all-in right now.  If that's his ask, we need to trade him.  If he was 30, I would have more sympathy.

download.jpg.f643cbe93c50345e971164f1c18c8e90.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

That’s what I’m thinking. We could put a decent package together with Sarr, JJ, plus whatever else we could throw in, but there will be other teams that could offer more. 

Yall like GIannis' game ALOT better than I do that's for sure..

• Haha 1

They arent trading Giannis in his prime  for JJ and a complete gamble on a player like Sarr.  If Giannis was truly on the block teams would give up the world for him, a much better package of picks than we could offer.  

Look what Rudy Gobert, Jrue Holiday, Paul George, Harden, KD fetched.  Giannis is on a whole nother level.  A team like OKC or Houston with all those picks would give up way more.  

If its Embiid than we just need to move on.  No thanks.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yall like GIannis' game ALOT better than I do that's for sure..

The package is probably for AD the more I think about it.  Giannis makes no sense to be available.  Embiid, I hope, we wouldn't even entertain, plus Philly has no reason to trade him.  AD makes sense to be available -- Lakers need a restart.

• Like 1

I finally caught up to everything. I get it now. I would take the Spurs package for Trae and let DJM, JJ and Sarr be your core and surround them with a bunch of dawgs.

No, DJM is not better than Trae. No he isn’t a superstar. But DJ for whatever reason has the strongest connection with JJ and by all means has been pushing him toward his potential. I think there are behind the scenes intangibles that he brings to the table that might be worth investing in as a leader and mentor to younger players. Adding youth to Trae has never been a good mix. If the right deal for a star is not there, Im okay with DJ as the vet PG leading a youth movement. Our core would be easier to build around. We would have a much tougher identity on the court.

In the end, I want players who want to be here. No love lost. It’s all business.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I finally caught up to everything. I get it now. I would take the Spurs package for Trae and let DJM, JJ and Sarr be your core and surround them with a bunch of dawgs.

No, DJM is not better than Trae. No he isn’t a superstar. But DJ for whatever reason has the strongest connection with JJ and by all means has been pushing him toward his potential. I think there are behind the scenes intangibles that he brings to the table that might be worth investing in as a leader and mentor to younger players. Adding youth to Trae has never been a good mix. If the right deal for a star is not there, Im okay with DJ as the vet PG leading a youth movement. Our core would be easier to build around. We would have a much tougher identity on the court.

In the end, I want players who want to be here. No love lost. It’s all business.

Why do y'all keep saying Trae doesn't want to be here? He's telling them to put something around him to basically get us out the play-in. Didn't Murray demand a trade? 

Trae and JJ's relationship seemed to have grown last year.  Murray did empower him under Nate who wanted everything to run through the guards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why is everyone thinking some big trade is going to go down and we are going to make wholesale changes to this team?  That's most likely not going to happen.  They may trade Murray for a player or two to make the team better.  (I'm on the Devin Vassell train now).

That'll probably be the only move they make besides drafting the number 1 pick.  

They may trade Clint or De'Andre, but that's probably not happening until the trade deadline.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2