• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Afro said:

Man, with all due respect, some of yall talk yourself into having a problem with Trae way too much. 

Dude, I have been Trae's white knight since he put on a Hawks uniform. The notion that I'm a part of "ya'll" is preposterous.  It's crazy to me how binary we are with our discussions.  You love Trae or you're a hater...that's it.

No, that's not it. I've got concerns about his attitude towards the upcoming season and our immediate future.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

The source cleared me to reveal the name of the superstar.

It is Giannis. 

I am not saying it is going to happen but it is being discussed and it depends on if Giannis wants to come to Atlanta. This is from my source and from @NBASupes source. 

It also leaves the option to trade for BI and the team would look roughly something like:

Trae

Bogi/Kobe

Ingram/Hunter

Giannis

OO

The longer  version of what I've heard can come down to three options for our roster:

The above option, the "Push All The Chips In" is what I call it. We will be a  good team, no question, but with a scary future with no firsts for a long time.

2nd Option:

We trade Murray and AJ  to NO for BI and the Lakers 2025 unprotected first

We keep Trae. We do NOT trade for Giannis. We use the #1 pick on Sarr.

Team would be:

Trae

Bogi/Kobe

Ingram/Hunter

Sarr/either Capela or OO

3rd option:

We blow it all up. SAS have offered 4, 8 and all our picks back for Trae. We move him. We keep the #1 pick. We move Murray not to the Pelicans but to the Pistons or another team I've been told not to mention that has picks/young guys.

Roster would be:

(this is my postulating at possible draft results)

Reed Sheppard

Bogi/Kobe

Hunter/#8 pick in this draft

Sarr/OO

We have all our picks back as well as picks and young guys from moving Murray to either the Pistons or mystery team.

Which option do you guys and gal prefer? I think the 3rd option is the best one but the 2nd option is more safe. The first option MIGHT win us a title...but then we'll be in purgatory for years with no draft picks.

If someone can make a poll with these three options, please do so, you have my blessing. These are the three big scenarios the Hawks FO is discussing now and in the upcoming time to the draft.

3rd option but keep Murray.. lol

3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Dude, I have been Trae's white knight since he put on a Hawks uniform. The notion that I'm a part of "ya'll" is preposterous.  It's crazy to me how binary we are with our discussions.  You love Trae or you're a hater...that's it.

No, that's not it. I've got concerns about his attitude towards the upcoming season and our immediate future.

I never said you were a Trae hater. I said youre talking yourself into having problems with him because of the way you decide to look at things. 

Which is exactly what you just posted lol. Read Marcos post. You're looking at a bunch of stuff and interpreting it one way so you can have an issue with Trae about it. 

You can't say you have an issue with him liking what Martin said and then turn around and say you aren't looking for things to be mad about lol. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

There's is a difference between social media and actual reporting. You are getting yourself worked up over nothing.  No one has reported (which means going back, verifying and having confirmation) that Trae Young has stated anything other than he wants to understand what the teams plans are. 

If someone said those things in the video about me, I'd like it to. They are saying people don't like him because he buss their ass and all he does is work his butt off.  Would you not like that post if someone said those things about you? When the general media is dragging you everyday?

Again, you have not shown me anything where someone reported that Trae Young gave the team some ultimatum.  You aren't holding JJ, DJ,OO, Clint Capela, Hunter to the same standard as Trae.  None of them have said anything about the number one pick to my knowledge.  The only thing DJ said was this is going to be a crazy off season.  What do you want Trae to do exactly that these other players haven't done. 

It's like y'all find reasons to be mad or stressed out about things. 

Again... "ya'll"

People have got to stop bunching everyone together.  We don't all have the same opinion, even if we have similar ideas.  I'm not looking for anything to hold against Trae and I'm not reading into things.  I don't like when players try to play GM - and literally Trae marched into Schlenk's office demanding help after year 2.  At best, Trae is doing absolutely nothing to dispel the gossip.

Regarding the clip...when you "like" on something, you co-sign on it.  If I go out here and drop a heart on swimsuit picture of my wife's best friend, it sends a message.  Trae is sending a message.  Agree to disagree if you want.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Again... "ya'll"

People have got to stop bunching everyone together.  We don't all have the same opinion, even if we have similar ideas.  I'm not looking for anything to hold against Trae and I'm not reading into things.  I don't like when players try to play GM - and literally Trae marched into Schlenk's office demanding help after year 2.  At best, Trae is doing absolutely nothing to dispel the gossip.

Regarding the clip...when you "like" on something, you co-sign on it.  If I go out here and drop a heart on swimsuit picture of my wife's best friend, it sends a message.  Trae is sending a message.  Agree to disagree if you want.

That's fine. Be mad. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Afro said:

I never said you were a Trae hater. I said youre talking yourself into having problems with him because of the way you decide to look at things. 

Which is exactly what you just posted lol. Read Marcos post. You're looking at a bunch of stuff and interpreting it one way so you can have an issue with Trae about it. 

You can't say you have an issue with him liking what Martin said and then turn around and say you aren't looking for things to be mad about lol. 

This is what you said:

Man, with all due respect, some of yall talk yourself into having a problem with Trae way too much. 

The implication here is that I'm part of a larger group of posters who don't like Trae and find reasons to dislike him.  These kinds of people are typically referred to has "haters."  You are literally lumping me into that group.

It also isn't something I'm looking to be mad about.  It's like you're trying not to understand the message he's sending.  That whole clip is mouthed by someone who clearly has no idea what is going on in our front office.  Trae can't feign ignorance - he was a part of "getting the help" and "firing coaches."  

I'm not sure what you guys are confused about here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

There's a fourth option.  You do that Trae to SA trade and keep Murray to remain competitive.  You don't have to completely blow up the roster after trading Trae, if that were to happen.  Make SA give us Vassell in the deal and they can keep the pick swap in '26. 

This is the option I chose... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's fine. Be mad. 

You're having circular arguments with actual Trae haters and pulling me into it.  I'm not mad. I'm disappointed in our franchise player.  I have a right to do that, just as you have a right to ignore it.

If you can't respect that, then we just have nothing else to talk about.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Nope. It's like you are getting frustrated about something that's not there.  No one said you disliked Trae or whatever.  We are explaining why going off likes on social media and getting upset about something is not a reason to get frustrated. 

And you still  have not shown me where someone reported what you said. Show me that and I'll agree with you.  All I'm saying is there is nothing that's been reported that's saying what you said in your post.  

His second year he did ask Schlenk to get him some help and when Schlenk did that lead to the ECF.  He didn't say get me help or I'm leaving.  He said get me some help because I'm tired of losing which is a reasonable request.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wretch said:

This is what you said:

The implication here is that I'm part of a larger group of posters who don't like Trae and find reasons to dislike him.  These kinds of people are typically referred to has "haters."  You are literally lumping me into that group.

It also isn't something I'm looking to be mad about.  It's like you're trying not to understand the message he's sending.  That whole clip is mouthed by someone who clearly has no idea what is going on in our front office.  Trae can't feign ignorance - he was a part of "getting the help" and "firing coaches."  

I'm not sure what you guys are confused about here.

You clearly like to read way too much into things lol. 

What I said "Man, with all due respect, some of yall talk yourself into having a problem with Trae way too much. 

Exacly what I meant: "Man, with all due respect, some of yall talk yourself into having a problem with Trae way too much.

You're doing this. You just proved you're doing this. There isn't really anything wrong with doing it, but you're doing it. I just don't really understand why you're doing it. 

The only people I lumped together are people that are looking for ways to have a problem with Trae. Not every single person in the group is the same. Some are like you. Some are those that already hate him and are just looking for more shit. But yall are all trying to read into every little thing. Which, again, is why I said yall lol. The yall=people looking for problems. Yall does not equal Trae haters. 

I never said yall Trae haters. Stop assigning negative intent where this isn't any. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nope. It's like you are getting frustrated about something that's not there.  No one said you disliked Trae or whatever.  We are explaining why going off likes on social media and getting upset about something is not a reason to get frustrated. 

And you still  have not shown me where someone reported what you said. Show me that and I'll agree with you.  All I'm saying is there is nothing that's been reported that's saying what you said in your post.  

His second year he did ask Schlenk to get him some help and when Schlenk did that lead to the ECF.  He didn't say get me help or I'm leaving.  He said get me some help because I'm tired of losing which is a reasonable request.

Liked this for your last part. 

Trae felt he and the team could win after year 2. He went out and proved they could. 

And were supposed to look at that negatively? 

Eta:funny side bit of this. If I didn't say what I liked this for, you could interpret my like for being about the rest of it. Which it wasn't. Now we see how silly trying to determine what a like is all about is lol. 

Edited by Afro
  • Haha 2

Just now, Afro said:

Like this for your last part. 

Trae felt he and the team could win after year 2. He went out and proved they could. 

And were supposed to look at that negatively? 

Trae also knew the coach was holding that team back.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm skeptical that BI can be retained on a non-toxic contract and I also have questions about his mid-range, eh defense game meeting our needs so I hope we do "better" than him in trading DJM.  If we trade for him, I'll root for him but I don't want to see JC 2.0 where we overpay to keep him because I think some team is going to pay him.

Maybe Landry can work the same magic he did with DJ.. a sub max contract for BI is a win

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My guess out of the three options I listed before:

We choose option #2. We keep Trae, we draft Sarr #1 and we move Murray to NO for BI. 

Team outlook:

Trae/Kobe

Bogi/Kobe

BI/Hunter

Jalen/Sarr/Gueye (sorry if I spelled it wrong)

OO/Sarr

In that scenario I can see the coaches at least trying a frontcourt of:

Sarr

Jalen

OO 

And based on matchups is where one player is listed at a position. Coaches usually consider your position what you guard so Jalen and Sarr would rotate on the wing while OO mans the center. It would gives us crazy length and switch ability on defense. Offense...it would be a problem but if Sarr can continue to develop his jumper like I think he can that could be a killer frontcourt combination...regardless of Ingram or Hunter. 

If that front court worked could see them trying to put BI at the 2 and the length would be bonkers.

Probably my least favorite option if we go that route, but I also would not be surprised if we do.  We'll still a #1 pick on the roster, and better fit in the back court but Ingram isn't going to be any more impactful as Hunter starting at SF.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Another person demonstrating you can be a huge Trae fan, and still see that Trae has flaws.  I get it.  
We don’t know the degree to which he leverages his power as the main gate draw for our franchise.  And let’s be clear, without Trae fan interest pretty much returns to die hard fans only.  
If you assert that he has misused or even that he appropriately uses his status to influence the roster, you are labeled a Trae hater and a bunch of other nonsense.

Yes, he uses his power, and I actually think he should at times, but it’s not always a good outcome either.  That’s reality, but it also doesn’t mean he is the shadow GM.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Team outlook:

Trae/Kobe

Bogi/Kobe

BI/Hunter

Jalen/Sarr/Gueye (sorry if I spelled it wrong)

OO/Sarr

I’m still not convinced about the BI fit, but this is an improved roster. Probably good enough for a 5-8 seed if we stay healthy. Ceiling depends on Sarr’s development. I at least feel like we won’t be sending top 5 picks to SAS with this lineup.

• Like 1