• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Carmine said:

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my Pawn Shop : r/dankmemes

'No Doubt.   I would give Landry much credit if he hired Richard Harrison to be his special negotiator.  When Las Vegas gets a franchise....

• Moderators

Siakam isn't going to sign an extension that's not max though and the Raps got to know they may get stuck with it or have to pay to unload him.  

Brown hasn't signed his extension yet.  

I like both of these guys but i'm pretty wary of paying either of them the money that's being talked about. 

Jaylen Brown is eligible for a 5yr/304 mil Max extension. In year 5, his salary could reach 70 million

$70 million for a #2 player?  that's pretty insane

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

and JJ

Nah, Raps have 0 leverage here. We have no reason to give up a valuable asset for 1 year of Siakam. They're gonna take Hunter and 2 protected FRPs and be happy with it 😈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

image.thumb.png.a17340eaf6851b3bee710938f39f456b.png

WuTang_OG, imma need you to go ahead and pick you out a switch so you can get this butt whoopin'

spanking-the.gif

It's pretty funny that he says we ain't gettin nothing or giving up our top prospects. 

Well buddy -- we don't NEED anything. Most of us don't WANT Siakam - he ain't all that. He's good for a Raptors player, but he's not all that. We have top prospects! We can simply keep them and be happy with that. You have an old POS that no one wants around. Most people would call that a problem. 

The first step is recognizing you have a problem. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Couldn’t the Raps negotiate an extension he signs now, then trade him in January already locked up in a multi year deal?

Problem is if they give him what he will agree to sign to, NOBODY will take that awful contract off their hands. They'd have to give up 1sts to convince someone to take that albatross. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

See.. now you’re all gangbanging :huh: up on me. I am not giving OO or AJ but want Siakam, that’s it. Jj is available :batman:

Spud, give JJ a chance.  I think you're gonna really like what you see out of him this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These Toronto fans are idiots. We ain’t giving them AJ or OO. 

first they thought they would get Murray now they insist AJ would be sent here. They been drinking too much maple syrup.

Delusional is an understatement.

Edited by theheroatl

4 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

Spud, give JJ a chance.  I think you're gonna really like what you see out of him this year.

Oh no doubt I have no choice and I hardly ever question a starter but I had to speak up this time. I hope I am dead wrong and you guys are all right.

I can see how Quin would go with an inferior or mediocre starter the way he did in Utah with Royce O.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh no doubt I have no choice and I hardly ever question a starter but I had to speak up this time. I hope I am dead wrong and you guys are all right.

I can see how Quin would go with an inferior or mediocre starter the way he did in Utah with Royce O.

I also hope you are dead wrong 🙏🏽😜

#BelievingInLandryAndKyleAndQuinToBringUsToTheMotherland (Yes I Might Be Dejounte)

(fr though, how does he capitalize the first letter of each word, was tiring x.x)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Diesel said:

My question to Raptors Fans..

Do they want to resign him at the Supermax?  Something Jalen Brown like that could mean up to 300 Million?  That's what he and his agent are expecting.

You won't get your answer. They're too ugly to show their faces 'round here. They just hide behind those big pine trees of Canadia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, AHF said:

Raptors fans are super vocal and super invested in their team.  I'm not going to knock them.  They are just struggling to deal with the fact that the team doesn't want their biggest name back next year and their trade leverage is significantly compromised.  So what the market is offering for him doesn't come close to meeting their expectations.  They are thinking they will get a Rudy Gobert return when no one is going to give that for an expiring UFA who isn't promising to resign.

We had to come to terms with JC's trade value in a similar situation.  They will learn to deal with it given time but that time won't start running until the Raptors actually deal him.  Until then, they can dream about getting a few good vets and a bunch of young talent for an expiring 29 year old.

Speak for yourself. If we don't use this TPE for something it is a loss IMO. I for one thought Quin would find a way to increase JC's value this year.

• Like 3