• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

As for Siakam, he won't extend now with the Raptors as he's hoping he becomes eligible for the Supermax which would start at $52 million.

If he decides to get extended now it's his current $37 plus a 40% increase for $51 million, then he can't be traded for 6 months. If he gets traded to us, he can't be extended for 6 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bird_dirt said:

If we keep DJM and add Saikam, wouldn’t we have bird rights allowing us to offer more than other teams?

If that’s the case, i don’t see a huge risk trying them out with Trae and see what they can do. 
If they play well and show promise, then resign them if they’re luxury tax worthy. If they don’t pan out or they don’t want to resign here, we facilitate sign and trades to recoup some assets and cap space. 

I think, iiuc, it's more complicated than that.  Check @JayBirdHawk's rundown right before your post.  He doesnt qualify for supermax if hes traded.  Thats what hes trying to avoid, again, iiuc. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

If we keep DJM and add Saikam, wouldn’t we have bird rights allowing us to offer more than other teams?

If that’s the case, i don’t see a huge risk trying them out with Trae and see what they can do. 
If they play well and show promise, then resign them if they’re luxury tax worthy. If they don’t pan out or they don’t want to resign here, we facilitate sign and trades to recoup some assets and cap space. 

Yes to bird rights (but no supermax),  3 players making $40+, lil Nicky would need to do more that whisper to Daddy 'it's tax paying time'

You won't recoup much in a SnT except more TPEs...see what the heat got for their FAs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't even believe there will be a trade till the middle of the RS but that said

A. Toronto covets Murray

B. Toronto also has to pay OG who they want to keep who wants a bigger role ie Siakam role. 

C. Masai is still being unrealistic and Atlanta offer is not changing and if he didn't take it in June, not sure why he would in July when they still think they got a squad right now. At the end of the day, Siakam is getting paid as will Murray. No matter what. 

30 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Meanwhile the Heat can make it to the finals with Lowery (6’0) Vincent (6’2) and Strus/Martin (6’5) all sharing the court together next to Butler (6’7) playing the 4 and Bam (6’9) at center; and we are crying about being too small.

In the era of small ball, we really are losing sleep about size.

Good post. 

You make up for size by being tough.  Overall, the Hawks are a soft team. 

Trae plays ultra tough on offense, but weak on defense ( although he became noticeable better in the 2nd half of the season. ) Trae has shown the ability to be tougher on defense. He just has to commit to it.

Murray is a "space" defender that anticipates very well, doesn't commit to grinding on defense.  He is notorious for dying on screens on even minimal contact.

Dre is obviously our best defender, especially from a positional defense standpoint. But at the big wing spot, you also need to show some hustle on defense, which he lacks severely ( due to his poor rebounding, steal, and shot blocking numbers ).

Collins tried to battle, but his lower body was just so weak.

Bogi is actually a better man defender than what people give him credit for.  He's arguably our toughest wing from a bodying standpoint, but he isn't quick enough to keep faster guards from getting by him.  Poor overall defensive awareness by all of our guards/wings.

All 4 of those guys have to make a commitment to play tougher.  Murray can bump referees with his chest, Trae can cry about getting fouls, and Dre can sit in silence while he let the refs call whatever . . . but at some point, ALL of these guys have to get tougher mentally and physically.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta offer is not changing and if he didn't take it in June,

What was the offer in June? I can't remember.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

At the end of the day, Siakam is getting paid as will Murray. No matter what. 

:good:

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, are we gonna have a fire pit out back to make s'mores while we toss around Hawk trade ideas?

S'mores are overrated like Trae Young who is definitely not a superstar. The chocolate never melts at the same rate as the marshmallows, just like Trae's game. I don't waste my time with them. 

But the rest about fire pit and trade ideas is accurate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

This is the trade I want and I think eventually they take.

I don't think that trade makes sense for the Raptors unless they follow it up with other moves, because they have a comparable center to CC already and that trades leaves them without a viable #1 scorer and a middle age roster with a teenage point guard.  Maybe they flip CC for another young player or picks and start building around Barnes, Gradey and Bufkin.

9 minutes ago, warcore said:

S'mores are overrated like Trae Young who is definitely not a superstar. The chocolate never melts at the same rate as the marshmallows, just like Trae's game. I don't waste my time with them. 

63q2go.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What was the offer in June? I can't remember.

:good:

I never got the drop. Usually that means they don't want the terms to be known on either side which means this likely ain't fluff

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Good post. 

You make up for size by being tough.  Overall, the Hawks are a soft team. 

Trae plays ultra tough on offense, but weak on defense ( although he became noticeable better in the 2nd half of the season. ) Trae has shown the ability to be tougher on defense. He just has to commit to it.

Murray is a "space" defender that anticipates very well, doesn't commit to grinding on defense.  He is notorious for dying on screens on even minimal contact.

Dre is obviously our best defender, especially from a positional defense standpoint. But at the big wing spot, you also need to show some hustle on defense, which he lacks severely ( due to his poor rebounding, steal, and shot blocking numbers ).

Collins tried to battle, but his lower body was just so weak.

Bogi is actually a better man defender than what people give him credit for.  He's arguably our toughest wing from a bodying standpoint, but he isn't quick enough to keep faster guards from getting by him.  Poor overall defensive awareness by all of our guards/wings.

All 4 of those guys have to make a commitment to play tougher.  Murray can bump referees with his chest, Trae can cry about getting fouls, and Dre can sit in silence while he let the refs call whatever . . . but at some point, ALL of these guys have to get tougher mentally and physically.

OMG you hit the nail on the head...This was a recurrent theme that continued to pop out when you looked at past games!!!  How do you solve this?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, warcore said:

Come here war… real quick .. :mellow:

• Haha 2