• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

The problem I have with this is we'd be going into next summer with 2 of our 3 best players hitting free agency and I don't think that would be wise.

You have a big three.  If it works, you're in the finals.   If it works, during the season, you see if you can max out one.  You have to find out if it works.  Losing Bufkin is a calculated risk.. I don't know if I feel the deal but it's intresting. 

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He said that? He’d fit in well in the city 🌆 of Atlanta as a whole. 

If he gets traded, he can't get supermax.  If he stays in TOR, he has a chance.  There were 'reports' that he would not re-sign with whoever trades for him. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 @JayBirdHawk we need to talk. The outsiders can’t be split like this..

image.gif.188e6b3c86bcf3cc93f8acf89be023c7.gif

Siakam is a better fit I’ll :boxing:you both! :unsure: 

We're not split...you are just wrong. 🤓 :saythat:

The issue with dealing Siakam comes with longevity. Bleacher Report's Chris Haynes reported that Siakam would not re-sign with a team who trades for him and prefers to stay in Toronto long-term. This does diminish his value, as it makes him a rental as opposed to a piece to build on.

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dont think the fit matters if he doesn't wanna be anywhere but TOR. 

:good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We're not split...you are just wrong. 🤓 :saythat:

The issue with dealing Siakam comes with longevity. Bleacher Report's Chris Haynes reported that Siakam would not re-sign with a team who trades for him and prefers to stay in Toronto long-term. This does diminish his value, as it makes him a rental as opposed to a piece to build on.

:good:

If we have this information as fans then so does the FO. I’m pretty sure there is dialogue between the two sides about his long term desires and how that effects any deal we may do with them.

Siakam would have to be on board in some capacity to get us to pull the trigger on him.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

63q2go.jpg

sarcasm/poking fun at certain posters... it's ok if you didn't get it. 

42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m side eyeing you war? You stuck it to me yesterday and today with the Trae remark. Cut out the :censored: ****** **** lickin ***** head! 🤪 

same as above... I like Trae Young.

But seriously the chocolate doesn't melt like the marshmallow. 

Siakam wants to stay in Toronto for a chance to be super maxed.  If he’s traded, he can’t get it.  

If he is traded to the Hawks, the Hawks will have his bird rights and can give him more than any other team can.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warcore said:

S'mores are overrated like Trae Young who is definitely not a superstar. The chocolate never melts at the same rate as the marshmallows, just like Trae's game. I don't waste my time with them. 

But the rest about fire pit and trade ideas is accurate. 

The chocolate part is 100% accurate. 
I think Hershey’s should make milk chocolate singles, like Kraft cheese singles, that are thinner and melt easier for S’mores action. 
If they ever do that, remember you heard it here first. I’ve put it out into the ethos, sooner or later it will manifest. 

The rest of your post I’m not touching though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Repeating for effect:

This has to do with the fact his family aren't American citizens and are locked into Toronto. Anywhere he goes needs Atlanta United lawyers to get his family into America who are currently in Canada. He also just doesn't want to leave. The issue is, it's kinda Barnes or Siakam as Toronto has chosen OG over Siakam. He kinda has to go. With him limiting the resign, Masai can't get a deal that he really wants. Atlanta and Toronto been talking about this for many months and it's old. The Spurs and Hawks got the Murray deal done quickly even after talking for months

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This has to do with the fact his family aren't American citizens and are locked into Toronto. Anywhere he goes needs Atlanta United lawyers to get his family into America who are currently in Canada. He also just doesn't want to leave

I definitely understand that part of it.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Siakam wants to stay in Toronto for a chance to be super maxed.  If he’s traded, he can’t get it.  

If he is traded to the Hawks, the Hawks will have his bird rights and can give him more than any other team can.  

Obviously he wants to stay and get that bag, but that only works if Toronto wants him to stay and give him that bag. 
I do not believe they are sold on that.

Retaining him but not offering him the full amount could be problematic for their relationship. Therefore, trading him could be in their best interest, and the team that receives him benefits due to his bird rights. He may not resign, but then again we all know he wants that $$$ given his desire to get the super max. I don’t think he’d take less to sign with another team that doesn’t have his rights, especially after already missing out on the super max. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

The chocolate part is 100% accurate. 
I think Hershey’s should make milk chocolate singles, like Kraft cheese singles, that are thinner and melt easier for S’mores action. 
If they ever do that, remember you heard it here first. I’ve put it out into the ethos, sooner or later it will manifest. 

The rest of your post I’m not touching though. 

I like chocolate. 

I like Graham crackers.

I like marshmallows.

I hate, hate s'mores.

Make it make sense, birdd. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Obviously he wants to stay and get that bag, but that only works if Toronto wants him to stay and give him that bag. 
I do not believe they are sold on that.

Retaining him but not offering him the full amount could be problematic for their relationship. Therefore, trading him could be in their best interest, and the team that receives him benefits due to his bird rights. He may not resign, but then again we all know he wants that $$$ given his desire to get the super max. I don’t think he’d take less to sign with another team that doesn’t have his rights, especially after already missing out on the super max. 

He's getting the bag anywhere. 

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I definitely understand that part of it.

I don’t. This is a load of BS. Multi millionaire NBA employee can’t get his family into the US. This never caused issues before.

Supes definitely stretching this now.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I don’t. This is a load of BS. Multi millionaire NBA employee can’t get his family into the US. This never caused issues before.

Have you ever gone thru the process?

Is Pascal a US citizen? If we are talking wife/kids, it's easier. 

If he's talking his extended family it's tougher and lengthy.

And I'm not talking visits to the US.

• Like 1