• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

How good has that culture been without Tim Duncan? lol.

Just sayin

Exactly.

Media talks about the Spurs and Heat like it's all about their culture, and not about actual talent.  If you don't have that alpha dog, and a couple of alpha puppies running with him, you're not winning jack.

San Antonio has missed the playoff 4 straight years, and hasn't won a playoff series since 2016 . . . which happens to be the last year Tim Duncan played in the league. 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

OK.. How about this...

image.png

Gets everybody what they want.   We get Wood on a SNT for Clint.  We get a 2026 FRP protected.   Mavs get the best PNR in the game and one of the best rim protector rebounders. 

Hawks fans are happy because we got something. 

Wood is a decent shot blocker.  A decent motor.   He can hit threes at about a 37-38% clip.   Put him at PF next to OO.   Again Hawk fans are happy because OO gets to start at Center. 

It's not the splash that Siakam would be but I don't think Siakam can provide the shooting that Wood will give.   Wood is not a terrible defensive player.   He actually block shots and can rim protect.  The key is he has a motor to run and gun and can play PNR.  Lastly, we get him pretty cheap.  I say a 3 year deal. 

Wood is an awful defender which is why he keeps getting moved. Hawks should not want him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Exactly.

Media talks about the Spurs and Heat like it's all about their culture, and not about actual talent.  If you don't have that alpha dog, and a couple of alpha puppies running with him, you're not winning jack.

San Antonio has missed the playoff 4 straight years, and hasn't won a playoff series since 2016 . . . which happens to be the last year Tim Duncan played in the league. 

They have had young teams since Duncan retired. Hard to win with a young team. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Hmmmm

Trae followed Mouhamed Gueye and Seth Lundy a few days ago but still hasn’t followed Kobe Bufkin. What's up with that?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Trae followed Mouhamed Gueye and Seth Lundy a few days ago but still hasn’t followed Kobe Bufkin. What's up with that?

Don't let @benhillboy find that out.  He'll say that there's something brewing between Kobe and Trae.

Or maybe he didn't follow Kobe because he's part of the Siakam deal.

Shocked-dog GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Please tell me we are not trading our young guys for a Siakam rental. 

Hard to believe Hawks FO would trade AJ in this. I refuse to believe it until announced.

Bufkin yes, AJ please no. AJ will be a future all star. Bufkin is a kid. JJ maybe he is a solid rotation player. OO is hitting his groove.

I’m a believer that Raptors fans going to be very sad when they see the actual return. Masai slowed played it into a dump.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Hard to believe Hawks FO would trade AJ in this. I refuse to believe it until announced.

Bufkin yes, AJ please no.

Quin seems to be more enamored with JJ potential.. Just sayin...If we had to give up one or the other I think he'd choose AJ.. 

• Like 1