• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Tbf, WOJ is probably the mouth piece for the Blazers but, if true...

This is classless, imho.  You're not the first person to want to determine their destination but be contractually unable to do so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

So numerous burner accounts in use by NBA agents, trying to light fires under front offices, fan bases. If the twitter poster is not a nationally recognized figure, do not believe it. NBA not happy right now with this negotiation tactic and is considering action.

What an honorable profession…. Lying, manipulation, smoke and mirrors, entitlement, greed… all of the best qualities to create a thriving community…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So numerous burner accounts in use by NBA agents, trying to light fires under front offices, fan bases. If the twitter poster is not a nationally recognized figure, do not believe it. NBA not happy right now with this negotiation tactic and is considering action.

Come get me Silver 🐍 what’s are you gonna do? Stop my 40 different Twitter accounts named under different people with different IP addresses? 

It’s a good time to mess with them. I’m goin in! 

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

What an honorable profession…. Lying, manipulation, smoke and mirrors, entitlement, greed… all of the best qualities to create a thriving community…

But they have nice suits! 😃 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Well that's quite an interesting tactic to harass one's enemies.  Really interesting.

🤔

Hey, how many different squawk accounts can one have?  Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Come get me Silver 🐍 what’s are you gonna do? Stop my 40 different Twitter accounts named under different people with different IP addresses? 

It’s a good time to mess with them. I’m goin in! 

But they have nice suits! 😃 

After watching David Falk’s character in AIR, it is no surprise that he had to eat alone.  Hope it was worth it

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, thecampster said:

jokes on them I have about 15 different TracFones mwhahahaaha 😂

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Pretty much the end game for the value system and culture we've set up and reinforced here in the US (self-interest > everything).  I could write an essay on this and after going to Southeast Asia a few weeks ago, it was quite eye opening and refreshing how other societies/cultures can operate in a cohesive manner with consideration for your peers.  Everything doesn't have to be a rat race for money/power/status.  Not that there aren't benefits to how we've set things up, but it feels like we're creeping towards a terminal state of absolute shameless pursuit of self-interest at the expense of anything and everything.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Afro said:

Tbf, WOJ is probably the mouth piece for the Blazers but, if true...

Not that we need to drum this up again, but this is the fine line they're skirting with regard to our conversation yesterday and why we fell on two sides of it... agent sending soft threats to other teams... @macdaddy @AHF @LucastheThird

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Not that we need to drum this up again, but this is the fine line they're skirting with regard to our conversation yesterday and why we fell on two sides of it... agent sending soft threats to other teams... @macdaddy @AHF @LucastheThird

I could easily see new rules being put in place on what an agent can and can't do. This is getting out of hand quickly. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Good screw the Mavs.

Blazers doing the Mavs a favor here I think, particularly since Dallas appears to have Williams in the fold.  I am likely an outlier but I think both Green and Hardy have upside for Dallas.

I do note that the market for roll-players is now between $10m and $25m per year (think contracts like this and bigger deals for guys like Bruce Brown and Cam Johnson.

New deals for OO and Bey next year will not be cheap.

• Thanks 1