• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Discussion about Hunter and Trae (split off from insider thread)

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There are probably about 5 or so superstars in the league, which is top level.  Trae is on that 2nd level of stars.

So he isn't considered a superstar?  I think I can find multiple post of you calling a superstar for a long time

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But I haven't seen much inappropriate praise for Dre here

Why would there be?

When he started off the season 2 years ago locking up Luka and Ingram we were posted 'jail' memes....since then nothing memorable that stands above the rest.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So he isn't considered a superstar?  I think I can find multiple post of you calling a superstar for a long time

Am I right that you consider Trae to be a star but not a superstar and you consider Hunter to be a solid starter but not a top player at his position?

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Why would there be?

You can ask this question about a lot of players on this team that receive praise like Capela and Murray are good defenders...Bey is the best Small forward on the team.  Okungwu has shown enough to be a star center. ETC.  So you tell me?

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Am I right that you consider Trae to be a star but not a superstar and you consider Hunter to be a solid starter but not a top player at his position?

Correct!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You can ask this question about a lot of players on this team that receive praise like Capela and Murray are good defenders...Bey is the best Small forward on the team.  Okungwu has shown enough to be a star center. ETC.  So you tell me?

Unfortunately being the #4 pick comes with certain expectations and he hasn't delivered. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unfortunately being the #4 pick comes with certain expectations and he hasn't delivered. 

So tell me, what stats should a 4th pick have?  I didn't know there was a standard to met at each draft position.  Please share your data.

1 hour ago, akay said:

Things are hilarious when you ignore context for everything lol

Context?  What context?  Some of YOU are ignoring this whole Trae Young fiasco.  You telling me that Travis Schlenk, Nate McMillan and Lloyd Pierce are all wrong?  Thats the context I'm ignoring?  All three got bounced after run ins with Trae or comments about Trae.  All that is made up?  Three years of media reports of disfunction inside the Hawks locker room are wrong?  John Collins didn't state in a meeting that he didn't like how the offense was going and Trae quit up in Charlotte the very next game.  All that is made up?

The context is the Hawks are a business. Its a show, ENTERTAINMENT, which is why Trae can get away with what he does.  Lloyd Pierce didn't say he doesn't like how Trae plays the game?  NUMEROUS reports of Lloyd not liking how Trae plays the game are all wrong?  Nate didn't tell Trae to either go to the shoot around or go home and got on the hot seat afterwards?  Thats made up? Thats the "context" I'm ignoring?  This whole thing about Trae is made up? LMAO Trae is at a crossroads in Atlanta.  The Hawks have built a monster coaching staff of coaches who know HOW to play the game the CORRECT way.  This gonna be wild...

Hawks’ Trae Young’s foul-baiting attempts drew ire of Lloyd Pierce on NBA call

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news-trae-youngs-foul-baiting-attempts-drew-ire-of-lloyd-pierce-on-nba-call

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So tell me, what stats should a 4th pick have?  I didn't know there was a standard to met at each draft position.  Please share your data.

Huh....when a team tanks for a top 5 pick, more often than not the expectation is you're getting a guy to build your team around or at least have a stand out trait that's the 'best' something.

What is Hunter's best thing that puts him in a conversation as 'one of the young up and coming players'? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Huh....when a team tanks for a top 5 pick, more often than not the expectation is you're getting a guy to build your team around or at least have a stand out trait that's the 'best' something.

What is Hunter's best thing that puts him in a conversation as 'one of the young up and coming players'? 

1st of all they didn't tank...That year they were actually trying to win and they traded up to draft Hunter.  Can't blame him for where he was drafted...Blame Schlenk.  But please share your data on draft pick's stats

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Context?  What context?  Some of YOU are ignoring this whole Trae Young fiasco.  You telling me that Travis Schlenk, Nate McMillan and Lloyd Pierce are all wrong?  Thats the context I'm ignoring?  All three got bounced after run ins with Trae or comments about Trae.  All that is made up?  Three years of media reports of disfunction inside the Hawks locker room are wrong?  John Collins didn't state in a meeting that he didn't like how the offense was going and Trae quit up in Charlotte the very next game.  All that is made up?

The context is the Hawks are a business. Its a show, ENTERTAINMENT, which is why Trae can get away with what he does.  Lloyd Pierce didn't say he doesn't like how Trae plays the game?  NUMEROUS reports of Lloyd not liking how Trae plays the game are all wrong?  Nate didn't tell Trae to either go to the shoot around or go home and got on the hot seat afterwards?  Thats made up? Thats the "context" I'm ignoring?  This whole thing about Trae is made up? LMAO Trae is at a crossroads in Atlanta.  The Hawks have built a monster coaching staff of coaches who know HOW to play the game the CORRECT way.  This gonna be wild...

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news-trae-youngs-foul-baiting-attempts-drew-ire-of-lloyd-pierce-on-nba-call

Oh boy.

You probably think all TMZ headlines are legit too huh?

Are you blaming Trae for Schlenk now?

The Nate thing was not all on Trae, it was also part of the greater FO movement, which was not Trae’s doing.

LP lost the entire locker room. Didn’t you find those stories too or just ones against Trae?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You telling me that Travis Schlenk, Nate McMillan and Lloyd Pierce are all wrong? 

Yes, aint even reading the rest of it, sorry

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

1st of all they didn't tank...That year they were actually trying to win and they traded up to draft Hunter.  Can't blame him for where he was drafted...Blame Schlenk.  But please share your data on draft pick's stats

HUH....we ended up at #8 due to ping pongs unlucky draw, we were tanking in Trae's first season under LP's 1st season.

Screenshot_20230707_165407_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dude, it the was the next draft one year after we just bottomed out. We were rebuilding and trying to acquire assets with the hopes of them being star level talents.

We didn’t actively “try” to win until the next offseason when we had cap space for Free Agents, before that it was 100% about sacrificing wins for developing youth.

The mid season trade for an injured Capela was further proof of this. We were willing to wait the rest of the season for him to heal because we were not trying to win games that season.

And yes, there are expectations for any lottery pick, especially one in the top 5. Dre was drafted with expectations that he would be a lock down defender and secondary offensive scorer.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, akay said:

Yes, aint even reading the rest of it, sorry

No.  You are ignoring truth.   What is this mystical "context" and now " didn't read the rest of the story" stuff? You keep saying nothing.  You keep making blanket statements about nothing.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

And yes, there are expectations for any lottery pick, especially one in the top 5. Dre was drafted with expectations that he would be a lock down defender and secondary offensive scorer.

His career is not over

• Moderators

Michael Jordan had three different head coaches his first three years.  Hilarious. 

Amount of change by the owner and front office is the right metric to conclude he is a drama queen of a human being who will never win anything.  I don't need to look at how his career played out.  Garbage.  I'm with you Hawkmoor!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

His career is not over

Far from it.  I think he'll have a long career.  Biggest question in my mind is how much better he will get than he was this year.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Far from it.  I think he'll have a long career.  Biggest question in my mind is how much better he will get than he was this year.

We obviously don't know but there is no harm in taking a wait and see approach because we already know that he can be a quality starter.

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Maybe some players did hate playing with Trae.

Maybe Kev hated playing with Trae. 

Maybe JC hated playing with Trae. 

Maybe Cam Hated playing with Trae.   

Maybe Knox Hated playing with Trae.

Maybe Solo hated playing with Trae. 

Maybe Snell hated playing with Trae.

well...

They are all gone. 

Landry is getting together guys who Love playing with Trae.  Guys who will sign an extension to come back and play with Trae. 

CC- Extension.

Bogi - Extension

DHunter - Extension. 

DJ - Early Extension...

OO, JJ, AJ - all waiting on their chance to sign an Extension. 

What was your point @Hawkmoor

• Like 2