• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Discussion about Hunter and Trae (split off from insider thread)

TheNorthCydeRises

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae has a big contract, Hunter has a manageable contract.  One contract give a non contender flexibility... the other limits its flexibility. simple as that.  We are not different than Minnesota.

then why is Minnesota refusing to take Hunter due to his contract?

I would love to hear your explanation of that. 

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I've made numerous post about Capela, Murray, Bogie, The Holidaze, and even Bey. I even criticized Okungwu's rebounding... I can pull them up if you would like

Make one about Hunter.

Again any player the Hawks trade for or bring in free agency you are extra critical of. You just proved that with this post..lol

However, every drafted player, but Trae gets a pass from you. Thats fine. Just admit you dont like Trae for some odd reason and think we will be better off without him.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

but understand Trae being on the team and playing his best is our best chance at winning a championship.

You seem sure about this which is where we differ.  Not saying it isn't possible but I'm not as certain as you seem to be.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Make one about Hunter.

Again any player the Hawks trade for or bring in free agency you are extra critical of. You just proved that with this post..lol

However, every drafted player, but Trae gets a pass from you. Thats fine. Just admit you dont like Trae for some odd reason and think we will be better off without him.

Use to get on Huerter's defense all the time.  Definitely use to dog Spellman about his weight issues.  But I've said on numerous occasion that Dre has to continue to get better.  By the way he was averaging almost 6 rebounds a game in the playoffs as a small forward

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Use to get on Huerter's defense all the time.  Definitely use to dog Spellman about his weight issues.  But I've said on numerous occasion that Dre has to continue to get better.  By the way he was averaging almost 6 rebounds a game in the playoffs as a small 

Oh so we are now using Hunter six game rebound streak to support he is a good rebounder, but use 5 games against Miami to prove Trae is terrible.

It is funny how you are on and all out war against Trae, but he is younger than Hunter and you criticized others for thinking Hunter won't improve. Yet, here you are saying Trae, who is younger than Hunter,  won't improve on his flaws.

Explain that logic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Use to get on Huerter's defense all the time.  Definitely use to dog Spellman about his weight issues.  But I've said on numerous occasion that Dre has to continue to get better.  By the way he was averaging almost 6 rebounds a game in the playoffs as a small forward

I acknowledge you did criticize Huerter consistently about his defense.

Just now, thecampster said:

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but not every opinion is right. Some are downright foolish and embarrassing (see flat earthers, proponents of the pull out method and those that think Billy Ocean was a generational talent).

This is what I don't understand, not all opinions should be respected. All facts should but not opinions...lol

Just now, thecampster said:

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but not every opinion is right. Some are downright foolish and embarrassing (see flat earthers, proponents of the pull out method and those that think Billy Ocean was a generational talent).

Slander.  Lies.  Slies!

Caribbean Queen was a classic, sir.

I expect this out of soth but not you, tc.

I thought we were shaaaring the same dre-eam... ..

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Oh so we are now using Hunter six game rebound streak to support he is a good rebounder, but use 5 games against Miami to prove Trae is terrible.

It is funny how you are on and all out war against Trae, but he is younger than Hunter and you criticized others for thinking Hunter won't improve. Yet, here you are saying Trae, who is younger than Hunter,  won't improve on his flaws.

Explain that logic.

Never said that Hunter was a good rebounder and never said that Trae young can't improve.  I have banked on Trae Young improving because I have never proposed or supported one trade proposal involving Trae Young.  Just because I am not convinced he is a superstar at this moment doesn't mean that I don't hold out hope that he one day becoming one.  Heck I've even complimented Trae on his improved defense and stated on many occasions that I thought that his on-ball defense was better than Murray and maybe Capela's.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You are such a clever Lawyer!  But I know what you are saying! But we do know a superstar when we see them like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Curry, Giannis, Embiid, Durant Now Jokic etc.  Players  like Kyrie, Paul George, Devin Booker etc just aren't

Just circling back, I don't think Trae has earned Superstar status today but he has shown the potential to get there.  He absolutely is not among your first list of players but I do think he will look back on a bigger career than any of those on your second list.  His accomplishments to date in his career are very impressive for his age.  Whether he earns Superstar status in my book depends on what he does in the future (and to some degree on the team's success). 

I'm hoping for a much better year shooting the ball next season which I think will go a long way for him and the team.  (Obviously would like to see him improve every facet of his game but that was the single biggest problem last year.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just circling back, I don't think Trae has earned Superstar status today but he has shown the potential to get there.  He absolutely is not among your first list of players but I do think he will look back on a bigger career than any of those on your second list.  His accomplishments to date in his career are very impressive for his age.  Whether he earns Superstar status in my book depends on what he does in the future (and to some degree on the team's success). 

I'm hoping for a much better year shooting the ball next season which I think will go a long way for him and the team.  (Obviously would like to see him improve every facet of his game but that was the single biggest problem last year.)

Now this I total agree with!!!  +++++ post!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Super speculative articles here. Did Trae have some growing pains and maturity issues to work through?  Sure, just like a lot of young guys but I’ve heard a lot more positives directly from his teammates’ mouths and Dejounte put his money where his mouth is so those actions speak louder than these words do to me. 

TWO HEAD COACHES AND A GM LATER...

16-Hilarious-Insane-Laugh-Gif.gif

• Haha 1