Discussion about Hunter and Trae (split off from insider thread)

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Young has not accomplished half of what any of those players have accomplished.  These guys have been MVP's of the league!  Was Young's name even on the ballot?

In his first 5 seasons compared to there's, he has.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So you look at super stars as cultural Icon not as the best basketball players so a guy like Rodman would be a bigger superstar than someone like Tim Duncan or Larry Bird

I hate when you argue to prove some obscure point you are trying to make.  Like you refuse to acknowledge when anyone else makes a valid counter point. 

It's okay for you not to believe Trae is a superstar and it's fine for some to think that he is, but the way you attack Trae because, by your words, he is the best player on the team, but overlook the flaws a freaking Hunter and his non-rebounding ass is crazy to me. 

I like Hunter but your unwillingness to criticize any player drafted by the Hawks but Trae is maddening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, GameTime said:

The NBA's Hall of Fame, Awards, and contract incentives disagree with you bro. You can say it doesn't mean anything to you.

I believe the disconnect here is that somebody is saying that Allstar and MVP are voted on by the fans so it is as much as popularity contest as it is about ability.  If this were not the case, you wouldn't have snubbs every year. 

Yao Ming was named an allstar every year he played because China voted. It doesn't mean that he wasn't good, but he averaged 19/9.  Now he gets to go down in history as an 8 time allstar.   Does that mean that he was one of the best 30 players every year he played...   I don't think so. but it doesn't mean he wasn't good either. 

Trae earned his allstars appearances and Trae was also snubbed. 

History will read it like Peo is trying to read it that Trae wasn't good enough... but Allstars isn't necessarily about Good.   The popularity issue clouds the naming of allstars.   The fact that contracts have incentives based on allstar appearances therefore is criminal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I believe the disconnect here is that somebody is saying that Allstar and MVP are voted on by the fans so it is as much as popularity contest as it is about ability.  If this were not the case, you wouldn't have snubbs every year. 

Yao Ming was named an allstar every year he played because China voted. It doesn't mean that he wasn't good, but he averaged 19/9.  Now he gets to go down in history as an 8 time allstar.   Does that mean that he was one of the best 30 players every year he played...   I don't think so. but it doesn't mean he wasn't good either. 

Trae earned his allstars appearances and Trae was also snubbed. 

History will read it like Peo is trying to read it that Trae wasn't good enough... but Allstars isn't necessarily about Good.   The popularity issue clouds the naming of allstars.   The fact that contracts have incentives based on allstar appearances therefore is criminal. 

Popularity contest

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I hate when you argue to prove some obscure point you are trying to make.  Like you refuse to acknowledge when anyone else makes a valid counter point. 

It's okay for you not to believe Trae is a superstar and it's fine for some to think that he is, but the way you attack Trae because, by your words, he is the best player on the team, but overlook the flaws a freaking Hunter and his non-rebounding ass is crazy to me. 

I like Hunter but your unwillingness to criticize any player drafted by the Hawks but Trae is maddening. 

I don't over look anything.  Trae name comes up because fans want to build around him without first think whether they should...They automatically think that you can

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I don't over look anything.  Trae name comes up because fans want to build around him without first think whether they should...They automatically think that you can

Then criticize them other mfers too. Like you literally get beside yourself when people criticize or want to trade Hunter, but you can't for the life of you understand why someone would want to trade Hunter instead of Trae. 

Explain that to me. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Then criticize them other mfers too. Like you literally get beside yourself when people criticize or want to trade Hunter, but you can't for the life of you understand why someone would want to trade Hunter instead of Trae. 

Explain that to me. 

Trae has a big contract, Hunter has a manageable contract.  One contract give a non contender flexibility... the other limits its flexibility. simple as that.  We are not different than Minnesota.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae has a big contract, Hunter has a manageable contract.  One contract give a non contender flexibility... the other limits its flexibility. simple as that.  We are not different than Minnesota.

Which of the two would you say is living up to their contract better? People have criticisms of both. 

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae has a big contract, Hunter has a manageable contract.  One contract give a non contender flexibility the the other limits its flexibility. simple as that.  We are not different than Minnesota.

Oh so the contracts is why you won't acknowledge that Trae is good, but Hunter can go out and have 1  rebound in thirty minutes and we all know you are all about the rebounds cause you preached to us ad nauseum about that for years when the young Hawks struggled with rebounding, but I don't see any post about Hunter and his terrible rebounding from you.  Hunter rebounds less than Trae, that's a freaking problem. 

Ultimately, here's my point.  Stop agendaing and criticize all these mfers for that sorry ass season that they had last season.   

It's okay to criticize everyone on the team, but when you call out the best player constantly and never want to acknowledge when the role players are playing like ass, that's a problem.

You only criticize the players the Hawks trade for or bring in free agency, but Trae is the only Hawks player drafted (who gets significant playing time) you criticize constantly, but refuse to recognize anyone else's flaws.  It's also okay to acknowledge when someone is good.

Trae's contract is not hampering the Hawks. They are doing a pretty good job of fielding a team right now.  What other excuse will you come up with not to criticize De'Andre Hunter? 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, aali34 said:

Which of the two would you say is living up to their contract better? People have criticisms of both. 

1st of all Dre is just finished his rookie contract so that's easy.  Trae is being paid like many of the superstar like Jokic and Embiid so you tell me.

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

By your definition then, since we are counting All-Star appearances in their 1st 5 years

Steph wasnt a superstar (1 All star by season 5)

Giannis cant be a superstar (2 all stars by season 5)

Jokic is not a superstar (2 all stars by season 5)

Embiid is not a superstar (2 all stars by season 5)

Peo he got you like

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Oh so the contracts is why you won't acknowledge that Trae is good, but Hunter can go out and have 1  rebound in thirty minutes and we all know you are all about the rebounds cause you preached to us ad nauseum about that for years when the young Hawks struggled with rebounding, but I don't see any post about Hunter and his terrible rebounding from you.  Hunter rebounds less than Trae, that's a freaking problem. 

Ultimately, here's my point.  Stop agendaing and criticize all these mfers for that sorry ass season that they had last season.   

It's okay to criticize everyone on the team, but when you call out the best player constantly and never want to acknowledge when the role players are playing like ass, that's a problem.

You only criticize the players the Hawks trade for or bring in free agency, but Trae is the only Hawks player drafted (who gets significant playing time) you criticize constantly, but refuse to recognize anyone else's flaws. 

Trae's contract is not hampering the Hawks. They are doing a pretty good job of fielding a team right now.  What other excuse will you come up with not to critciize De'Andre Hunter? 

This is your opinion and you are entitle to have just like me.  So in my opinion when your top player is not playing well which anyone evaluating Trae Young honestly last year will conclude that either he has to play better or get replaced.  Young's teams have only avoided the play-in tournament once in his career.  And of course Young fans will say its because of the rest of the quad.   Changes were made last year to bring in another all star guard which was suppose to help but it ended up resulting in worse results.  Can you explain that?

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You only criticize the players the Hawks trade for or bring in free agency, but Trae is the only Hawks player drafted (who gets significant playing time) you criticize constantly, but refuse to recognize anyone else's flaws. 

I've made numerous post about Capela, Murray, Bogie, The Holidaze, and even Bey. I even criticized Okungwu's rebounding... I can pull them up if you would like

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is your opinion and you are entitle to have just like me.  So in my opinion when your top player is not playing well which anyone evaluating Trae Young honestly last year will conclude that either he has to play better or get replaced.  Young's teams have only avoided the play-in tournament once in his career.  And of course Young fans will say its because of the rest of the quad.   Changes were made last year to bring in another all star guard which was suppose to help but it ended up resulting in worse results.  Can you explain that?

Criticize Hunter for not rebounding and I will. You know Hunter's rebounding needs to improve but because you've criticized some for wanting to trade him now you refuse to say anything negative about him. Say something negative about Hunters game in the next post. I guarantee you will not.

Trae has to play better and had down season last year. I can acknowledge he played terrible by his standards, but understand Trae being on the team and playing his best is our best chance at winning a championship.