• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who're Your TPE Targets? (non-insider)

kg01

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

I now predict Brown will be asked to take less than supermax.  It will be seen as Loston's final gesture of disrespeck, and he will ultimately sign elsewhere.

Book it.

I'm really a fan of both the insiders and outsiders.  Takes like this sway me to the outsiders.  So much precision.  

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

Could Andrew Wiggins be a potential TPE target?

As far as his salary fitting into the TPE, the answer is "yes."  I doubt GS is looking to unload him, though.  He took a pay cut with the extension he signed last year.  He is $9M cheaper this year than last year.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

As far as his salary fitting into the TPE, the answer is "yes."  I doubt GS is looking to unload him, though.  He took a pay cut with the extension he signed last year.  He is $9M cheaper this year than last year.

Worth a thought… I was thinking: 

Trae-DJ-Wiggin’ Out-Siakam-007

The outsiders have obtained transcript of Masai Ujiri leaking info to Michael Grange...

Ujiri: "Aye Grangey, I got another one."

MG: "Whattup, Masai I was..."

Ujiri: "That's Mr. Ujiri to you!"

MG: "But you just called me Grangey?"

Ujiri: "Nevermind all that.  Listen uhh, we been talkin' to (type,type,type,scrollll)... LA and Lebr.."

MG: "The clippers?  Wait, were you about to say Lebron?"

Ujiri: " Don't interrupt me!  Yeah, yeah .. the Clippers.  Yeah that makes more sense.  Tweet that."

MG: "Yes sir, Mr. Ujiri."

Ujiri: "Please.  Mr. Ujiri is my father.  Hyuk-hyuk".

MG: 🙄

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The outsiders have obtained transcript of Masai Ujiri leaking info to Michael Grange...

Ujiri: "Aye Grangey, I got another one."

MG: "Whattup, Masai I was..."

Ujiri: "That's Mr. Ujiri to you!"

MG: "But you just called me Grangey?"

Ujiri: "Nevermind all that.  Listen uhh, we been talkin' to (type,type,type,scrollll)... LA and Lebr.."

MG: "The clippers?  Wait, were you about to say Lebron?"

Ujiri: " Don't interrupt me!  Yeah, yeah .. the Clippers.  Yeah that makes more sense.  Tweet that."

MG: "Yes sir, Mr. Ujiri."

Ujiri: "Please.  Mr. Ujiri is my father.  Hyuk-hyuk".

MG: 🙄

Dude is weird. I applauded him for starting funk at Oracle in 2019 when he ran onto the court and there was an issue with the security guard 💂‍♂️ 

I think if these negotiations by GM’s were done face to face Masai would honestly swing at a dude if he got mad 😡 😂 🤛 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I would leave.

He’s that bad, huh?  I admittedly haven’t watched him.  My understanding is he has embraced his role as a 3rd/4th option fairly well in GS.  I’m just thinking of potential Hunter replacements.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

Wiggins is a better scorer though.  

No doubt and Hunter is better on D. Also, to Wiggins credit he went to GS and did exactly what Kerr wanted of him and that’s to be a good shooter from mid and he got that down. When sCurry and others were doubled he was ready to shoot and more often than not he was successful.

Having said that, they both lack.. I don’t know, like something, it’s not heart 💜 because they wouldn’t work at their craft so hard if they didn’t care. 

I dunno what it is but to me I like what guys like OO, Saddiq Bey, AJ.. and obviously Trae, they have something in them Hunter and Wiggins just don’t.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No doubt and Hunter is better on D. Also, to Wiggins credit he went to GS and did exactly what Kerr wanted of him and that’s to be a good shooter from mid and he got that down. When sCurry and others were doubled he was ready to shoot and more often than not he was successful.

Having said that, they both lack.. I don’t know, like something, it’s not heart 💜 because they wouldn’t work at their craft so hard if they didn’t care. 

I dunno what it is but to me I like what guys like OO, Saddiq Bey, AJ.. and obviously Trae, they have something in them Hunter and Wiggins just don’t.

You’re probably right considering the immense raw tools Wiggins had/has to work with.  Maybe doesn’t possess the “Hawks DNA”. I think he would look quite comfortable running the floor with Trae.  Again, I am just scratching for Hunter replacements.  If for some reason GS was looking to shift payroll, I’d take a look.  For different reasons at different values and roles, I’d be curious to know what the cost would be of Wiggins, Wendell Carter, and Kyle Anderson…. Just to name a few

Edited by Hawkish
  • Thanks 1

Have we found a single good/reasonable target for the TPE yet? 

Looking at teams who are over the tax and might like to shed something and it still doesnt look great lol. Or at this point is it just wait until someone needs to move money in another trade? 

1 minute ago, Afro said:

Looking at teams who are over the tax and might like to shed something and it still doesnt look great lol. Or at this point is it just wait until someone needs to move money in another trade? 

My fear is it'll be used post-trade deadline on some random signings.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Afro said:

We have a year, right?  Could be a February trade target from an underachieving team…