• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who're Your TPE Targets? (non-insider)

kg01

On 6/27/2023 at 10:38 AM, kg01 said:

I got nothin'.  I guess Ayton.  Maybe the other Bogdanovic. *shudders* Kyle Lose-ma?

Just for discussion purposes, no need to rehash the trade.  Just curious if anyone has any names they think we should target.

I think the most obvious outcome is something like D. Wright as a buyout +complaints from out FO about bot being able to use it. 

I guess insiders are welcome to join in.  Just figured it'd be tough to differentiate opinion vs 'inside-ing'.  🙄

This thread 🧵 led me to most likely having sCurry run my avatar for another month! Thanks Bird! 😃 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

My dream scenario would be that we loaded up and went out and got Bobby Portis. 

Even though Milwaukee is at a crossroads, I don't think they'd do that.   But I would still ask.

Picks for Portis!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I know it's a done deal that Herb Jones is re-signing with NO, but maybe we can swoop in and snag him with some Carlos Boozer style under the table goings on.

😏

Ya I agree I was thinking of those slip n slide 🛝 quick roofie a player and his agent. Not suggesting GHB’ing baby Rich Paul or anything just a quick lil in n out.. :huh:

Here is one I’d like to use your quick turn trick :er: style.

I like this dude from the draft, I had him on my big board in the first round but he went round 2. He works.

47. Paul Reed | Status: Restricted free agent

Reed is a good athlete and shot blocker who had trouble finding a spot in Doc Rivers' rotation.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I know it's a done deal that Herb Jones is re-signing with NO, but maybe we can swoop in and snag him with some Carlos Boozer style under the table goings on.

😏

He's still a RFA, so NOP can match any deal and there is max limit to what he can get. Boozer was an UFA so he could sign for any amount.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's still a RFA, so NOP can match any deal and there is max limit to what he can get. Boozer was an UFA so he could sign for any amount.

Really? I thought Boozer was restricted and the Jazz stole him from the Cavs? No?

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Boozer was an UFA so he could sign for any amount.

I’m gonna double check this my memory says otherwise.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

After the 2003–04 season, the Cavaliers had the option of allowing him to become a restricted free agent, or keeping him under contract for one more year at a $695,000 salary. The Cavaliers claimed to have reached an understanding with Boozer and his agent on a deal for approximately $39 million over six years, which he would have signed if they let him out of his current deal.

Cleveland then proceeded to release him from his contract making him a restricted free agent. During this period, the Utah Jazz offered Boozer a six-year, $70 million contract that Cleveland chose not to match due to salary cap considerations.[5] On July 30, 2004, Boozer officially signed with the Jazz.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like this dude from the draft, I had him on my big board in the first round but he went round 2. He works.

47. Paul Reed | Status: Restricted free agent

Reed is a good athlete and shot blocker who had trouble finding a spot in Doc Rivers' rotation.

Hmmm, he's always been kinda intriguing.  But I recall him not playing well for PHI.  Maybe he's a low-end guy?

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

After the 2003–04 season, the Cavaliers had the option of allowing him to become a restricted free agent, or keeping him under contract for one more year at a $695,000 salary. The Cavaliers claimed to have reached an understanding with Boozer and his agent on a deal for approximately $39 million over six years, which he would have signed if they let him out of his current deal.

Cleveland then proceeded to release him from his contract making him a restricted free agent. During this period, the Utah Jazz offered Boozer a six-year, $70 million contract that Cleveland chose not to match due to salary cap considerations.[5] On July 30, 2004, Boozer officially signed with the Jazz.

Ohhh, @JayBirdHawk is probably squinting real hard in your direction, squd.  You might get a smack at the next squawk bloc party.

But this is kinda what I was thinking.  If we could make a rFA offer they're not comfortable matching.  Or someone else who actually has money could. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:curtsey: Apologies oh great Spud!

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Boozer used and abused them.  Struck a deal that would get him millions more than them playing out the last year of his contract and then reneged on the deal to get more money from the Jazz.  He should have either honored his word and signed the deal with Cleveland or played out the last year of his deal and then signed a huge increase the next offseason.  You can sure as **** believe that no GM trusted another player like that again in the near future and he cost some other players the chance to become millionaires much more quickly.

• Like 1