• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who're Your TPE Targets? (non-insider)

kg01

Vucevic would be the perfect addition. Good rebounder with good touch in the post. Has good range to spread the floor. OO has shown flashes offensively, but we need some balance in the rotation. Would Chi s&t Vucevic  for the TPE and a couple 2nd round picks

Trade Capella back to Houston if Lopez doesn't sign. Add K martin jr/TyTy and dump the remaining 17 or 18m

Thinking targets could be guys a teams tryna salary dump as well.  Weirdly, Ben Simmons is on that list.  Would we do it as a way of obtaining one of their wings - meaning using the TPE in a separate but parallel deal? 

And, no, I'm not looking at his salary so I don't know if it makes sense. 🙂

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rumor is he'll most likely get a 3yr/$90 mil from GS....so more than the TPE.

Yeah, well, we’ll see about that one. 

I saw somewhere without DG salary, GSW will pay like $68m extra in tax penalties. With him, it goes up to $240m in penalties. 

Does GS like him THAT much? I wonder what their threshold is. 

If they let him go, it will be interesting to see what the market will pay for a 33yo player who is a great player, but one that comes with a history of HISTRIONICS. 

edit: that tax penalty is why I mentioned Wiggins, who will have a salary of $24m next season. 

Edited by bird_dirt
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Yeah, well, we’ll see about that one. 

I saw somewhere without DG salary, GSW will pay like $68m extra in tax penalties. With him, it goes up to $240m in penalties. 

Does GS like him THAT much? I wonder what their threshold is. 

If they let him go, it will be interesting to see what the market will pay for a 33yo player who is a great player, but one that comes with a history of HISTRIONICS. 

edit: that tax penalty is why I mentioned Wiggins, who will have a salary of $24m next season. 

I'll repeat, seems like Everybody is getting $20 mil, $25 mil or $30 mil....we shall see soon enough.

Everytime we think Owners/GM have themselves in check...FA opens and so do the flood gates. People lose their minds :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Care to make it interesting?

Whoa, is the the start of a 'loser leaves town' bet betwixt you and AH?

I'm here for it.  And will be betting heavily on the potato.  Get it done.  Nice knowin' ya @AHF.  Bye-eee. 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Care to make it interesting?

I would do an avatar bet along these lines:

If the Hawks pay the luxury tax for the 2023-24 season, you win and get to pick my avatar for a month (or a thirty day window if not a full month).

If the Hawks don't pay the luxury tax for the 2023-24 season, I win and get to pick your avatar for a month (or a thirty day window if not a full month).

This is measured at the end of the season.

Up for it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

I would do an avatar bet along these lines:

If the Hawks pay the luxury tax for the 2023-24 season, you win and get to pick my avatar for a month (or a thirty day window if not a full month).

If the Hawks don't pay the luxury tax for the 2023-24 season, I win and get to pick your avatar for a month (or a thirty day window if not a full month).

This is measured at the end of the season.

Up for it?

You make smart bets, and basically betting our franchise to be cheap which they have proved in the past. History tends to repeat itself… 

:huh:

I’m still thinking…

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

.... but why?

Also, @Spud2nique don't blink on the 'loser leaves town' bet with AH.  

:thinking:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You make smart bets, and basically betting our franchise to be cheap which they have proved in the past. History tends to repeat itself… 

:huh:

I’m still thinking…

It's a bet I'd love to lose because it would probably mean a blockbuster trade happened.  That would be exciting.

• Like 3

I actually would consider a trade for Mo Bamba, Malik Beasley and 2nd round for Clint Capela.

We get younger and taller with Mo and centers tend to develop late so we may be catching him in stride plus he wanted to be drafted here. 

We get 3 point shooting with both and it also gives us the flexibility to start OO with or without Bamba in the lineup.

To top it off Mo Bamba and Mo Gueye could be 2 unicorn like bigs to take into the future.

• Thanks 1