• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who're Your TPE Targets? (non-insider)

kg01

10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think we have to also look at actual free agents to get a full list of possible targets.  Maybe you sign a guy for $15M as a sign and trade.  

One question I just started thinking about is will this be a down market in terms of salaries for FA?  So few teams have space or MLE.  Other teams are getting mindful of the impacts of 1st and 2nd apron.  Will there be more bargains?  

I definitely think the answer to the last question is going to be "yes".  I think a lot of these guys with dreams of $20M and $30M bags swimming in their heads are going to end up settling for the MLE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You can't combine the TPE with another salary in a direct trade but you can combine it with a separate trade for the same effect. 

Personally, not insider speaking 😛  we should shoot for frontcourt help. I have to think common sense for Minn will have to kick in at some point and they realize KAT as a 4 is not going to work. Moving KAT makes the most sense for them. 

I have character issues with Ayton at this point. He worries me.

Also, OO needs to start. And he is a center. He is not a PF. I wish we could put him out at 4 but he's not a 4. 

That leaves SF. Hunter and the TPE for an upgrade at SF is what I would hope for. I'm fine with Jalen starting at the 4. Bey is a disaster on defense, he can't start at 4.

If OO needs to start as a C, and I think we are getting to the point as well, then we need a stretch 4 that can pop a good % from 3pt land.  For me that would be Christian Wood since it looks like Dallas is not interested in making him an offer.  We can use SNT to make it happen.  What is the going rate to facilitate a SNT?  IOW, what would Dallas want for the trouble?

Edited by txsting
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, txsting said:

If OO needs to start as a C, and I think we are getting to the point as well, then we need a stretch 4 that can pop a good % from 3pt land.  For me that would be Christian Wood since it looks like Dallas is not interested in making him an offer.  We can use SNT to make it happen.

I don't disagree about needing a four that can space the floor, but there is untapped potential as a shooter in OO's game that should be AND will be tapped into with this coaching staff.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Y'all sound like Democrats...spending money that you don't have. Hawks brass are not spending any more money this year and certainly not on another shooting guard. They have enough to worry about next year such as those pending extensions to OO and Bey. They also might be dumb enough to double down on their bad decision and attempt to resign Murray. I know many want to gut the team to see this happen but I hope the Hawks management is smarter than I think they are.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don't disagree about needing a four that can space the floor, but there is untapped potential as a shooter in OO's game that should be AND will be tapped into with this coaching staff.  

Yeah, I'm excited to see what Quin and his staff can do with OO over a full offseason.  OO is about the only one of the upcoming free agents I'd be willing to make an early extension offer to because of this, as I think his value could really skyrocket this season. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We can trade for Delon and his $8 million and send a protected 2nd to Wiz, leaving us with $17 million of the TPE to use later.   Under the luxury Tax...

Fixed that for you.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all sound like Democrats...spending money that you don't have. Hawks brass are not spending any more money this year and certainly not on another shooting guard. They have enough to worry about next year such as those pending extensions to OO and Bey. They also might be dumb enough to double down on their bad decision and attempt to resign Murray. I know many want to gut the team to see this happen but I hope the Hawks management is smarter than I think they are.

Democrats? Get out of here with that. Both parties spend...

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/309cc8e1-b971-45c6-ab52-29ffb1da9bf5/jec-fact-sheet---the-economy-under-democratic-vs.-republican-presidents-june-2016.pdf

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

Poorest states in America are RED states btw..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, terrell said:

It was a joke.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Let's leave the politics on the political board.  I think Peo was trying to make a joke and not get a debate started but that will happen with just about any political claim -- especially those that are well worn talking points so we can drop it and move on to the substance of his post which is his proposal that management is not going to do any real spending until it is time to resign our own impending FAs in future years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

Washington isn't hurting as far as the salary cap goes,

Depends on if they resign Kuzma. They have $115 mil in salary. Anything over $21 mil for Kuz and they are at the salary cap.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Depends on if they resign Kuzma. They have $115 mil in salary. Anything over $21 mil for Kuz and they are at the salary cap.

They would be idiots to resign Kuzma, imo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Not sure the magic want to swing this, but I’d love to take a look at Jonathan Isaac if the magic are looking to move on. If he gets right? Not sure there is a better fit next to OO. If not? He is non guaranteed next year and could be a useful trade piece at the all star break.

Waiting for JI to get right is like.....🤔...:er:...I can't even think of the right description. 😄. it would be a waste of the TPE.

His contract details are interesting because of the partial guarantee but Mahic would have to include incentive for us to take him. Pass!

• Due to missing entire 2021-22 season (in addition to missing >= 25 games), salaries for 2022-23, 2023-24 and 2024-25 become partial or non-guaranted:
    • 2022-23: $16,000,000 guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 1/10/23
    • 2023-24: $7,600,000 guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 1/10/24
    • 2024-25: non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed on 1/10/25
  • Like 1

Ok, so including FA sign and trade, what about using this exception for Draymond Green? 
I know the idea will make some (one in particular) here sick, but I bet he would fit with what Quin would like to do like a reasonably well fitting glove. 

• Like 2

I can already hear Koonin coming on Dukes and Bell saying “we tried to improve the team using the TPE but nothing made sense, takes two to tango.. blah blah blah and we’re confident in our team.” Seems like hawks use puffy K to try to do control damage when FO/ownership make dumb decisions. I’ll gladly eat crow but I’m willing to bet we don’t pay the tax or even use the TPE to make us better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Ok, so including FA sign and trade, what about using this exception for Draymond Green? 
I know the idea will make some (one in particular) here sick, but I bet he would fit with what Quin would like to do like a reasonably well fitting glove. 

Rumor is he'll most likely get a 3yr/$90 mil from GS....so more than the TPE.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Let's leave the politics on the political board.  I think Peo was trying to make a joke and not get a debate started but that will happen with just about any political claim -- especially those that are well worn talking points so we can drop it and move on to the substance of his post which is his proposal that management is not going to do any real spending until it is time to resign our own impending FAs in future years.

I was joking too then... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3