• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dejounte Murray signs extension - 4yrs/$120 Million

JayBirdHawk

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm kicking around starting my own dad-bod themed site.

Or we can do a remake of Twins 👯‍♂️ the movie 🎥 but sports themed coupla dudes that argue and debate dumb sports stuff.

Still a buff dude like AAAAARRRRnold (me) and the other dude.. (you) :batman:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When we compare DJ's contract over the next 5 to JB's.....smh. Hawks lucked out on this extension. 

Screenshot_20230725_132658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Drafting and developing will be very important in the coming years.

Didn’t need to see JB’s contract to know we lucked out with DM.  Him signing a sub market contract was a pleasant surprise.  FVV was the perfect comparison point for me (since I prefer DM between them at the same price).

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

As Michael Pina wrote on Sports Illustrated, “‘His age belies his maturity,’ Popovich says. ‘Sometimes I’ve been too hard on him—not nearly as hard as I ever was on Tony Parker, that’s for sure. But he handles coaching. He’s not affected by criticism.’”

As any basketball fan knows, words like these from the great Gregg Popovich carry significant weight. San Antonio, as well as Popovich’s coaching style, can be known to make-or-break players. That’s why players who embrace the culture, like Murray, end with long, successful NBA careers.

The thread of Murray’s character extends beyond a singular event. His role in reaching out to Kobe Bufkin after the draft and his supportive presence during Summer League amplifies his commitment to the Hawks organization. In Dejounte Murray, the Hawks have an All-Star caliber player and a cream-of-the-crop leader. With his selflessness and dedication to winning in perfect alignment with Fields and Snyder, a distinctive culture is taking shape within the Hawks organization.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope those trend lines continue for Murray.  He had a good start last season, too.  Remember when he completely took over vs the Knicks?

I thought we would hear from people wanting to trade Trae and build around Murray all year, but it only lasted the first few weeks. 

Hope that Quin has truly unlocked the best of Murray.  He's had some monster games recently.