• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dejounte Murray signs extension - 4yrs/$120 Million

JayBirdHawk

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hopefully this leads to Atlanta becoming a destination.

DJ is a real one, always was, always will be.

Until we add more high level players to this roster he is exactly the type of guy you need in uniform to be vocally accountable. Even moreso now with JC gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

DJ is a real one, always was, always will be.

Until we add more high level players to this roster he is exactly the type of guy you need in uniform to be vocally accountable. Even moreso now with JC gone.

Yes!  DJ should be viewed as a real Hawk and a real hero to all Hawk fans!!

:smug:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Wait why isn't Trae is the very bottom left... I've been told he's the worst defender in the history of the NBA, ABA, NCAA, etc. 

My chief concern is the anointed one positioned lower than Trae but who gets allNBA love, allstar love, team USA love, despite never having won a gall dayum thing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

My chief concern is the anointed one positioned lower than Trae but who gets allNBA love, allstar love, team USA love, despite never having won a gall dayum thing.

Have we not established going on 3 years now that Trae is not judged equally as his peers?

He “sucks” and is “overrated” and there is no tangible stat that can change anyone’s minds, ever.

He is Isiah Thomas after the walk out, but minus the rings. 

Blackballed forever for reasons we will never know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Have we not established going on 3 years now that Trae is not judged equally as his peers?

He “sucks” and is “overrated” and there is no tangible stat that can change anyone’s minds, ever.

He is Isiah Thomas after the walk out, but minus the rings. 

Blackballed forever for reasons we will never know.

Trae has 2 things going against him as unfortunate as it is:

1. He's not the Golden One

2. He plays for the Atlanta Hawks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

We got a good one y’all. And at a really good price. 

Interesting that SGA and Hali are right around the same area.  They seem to be generally considered as elite prospects/players (in other words, discussed in a positive manner).

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When we compare DJ's contract over the next 5 to JB's.....smh. Hawks lucked out on this extension. 

Screenshot_20230725_132658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah but it's nothin' compared to what @Spud2nique makes on OnlyFans... 😎

I'm kicking around starting my own dad-bod themed site.  Hey, everybody's got a 'thing' 

46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Drafting and developing will be very important in the coming years.

Yup.  Always was.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:24 AM, Hawkish said:

Interesting that SGA and Hali are right around the same area.  They seem to be generally considered as elite prospects/players (in other words, discussed in a positive manner).

You’ve never heard anyone tout their defense though, which is what this chart is trying to capture.  

I’m a fan of both, both have a long ways to go to be winning two-way players.  They both have good potential based on length alone but their efforts and instincts have to improve considerably.  SGA was a much better team defender early in his career as a role player.  Many get the big bucks to score and slack off on the other end.  Such is life.

I would expect Bruce Brown lights a fire under Haliburton, and SGA has to meet Dort’s and Williams’s effort on the perimeter if he’s serious about leading a true upstart that can make some playoff noise.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

You’ve never heard anyone tout their defense though, which is what this chart is trying to capture.  

I’m a fan of both, both have a long ways to go to be winning two-way players.  They both have good potential based on length alone but their efforts and instincts have to improve considerably.  SGA was a much better team defender early in his career as a role player.  Many get the big bucks to score and slack off on the other end.  Such is life.

I would expect Bruce Brown lights a fire under Haliburton, and SGA has to meet Dort’s and Williams’s effort on the perimeter if he’s serious about leading a true upstart that can make some playoff noise.

The issue, if I may, isn't that no one "touts" their defense.  The issue is folks don't knock them as players, at all, despite their poor defense.

On the flipside, these same eggsperts cite certain guy's defensive shortcomings as the reason they discount literally everything they do.

It's the inconsistency that burns, hillbilly.