• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope the Siakam deal fails to go through.

givemesome1ce1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They're gonna keep him, imho.  He's gonna be in rumors all season thereby absolutely torpedoing his value.  It's the 'John Collins' plan.  Honestly, they passed the point where they could've gotten max value for him several months ago.  

If the trade for 2023 pick 2 or 3 was remotely in play that FO should be skewered for that. That's a fire-able offense.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If the trade for 2023 pick 2 or 3 was remotely in play that FO should be skewered for that. That's a fire-able offense.

On top of all the supposed deals for OG they passed on, yeah, there's front office malpractice going on.  Shameful.  Is Masai job-shopping or has he really been that asleep at the wheel? 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They're gonna keep him, imho.  He's gonna be in rumors all season thereby absolutely torpedoing his value.  It's the 'John Collins' plan.  Honestly, they passed the point where they could've gotten max value for him several months ago.  

I think Harden sent the message to Masai. No matter what happens, get ready to get uncomfortable. :er:

We got uncomfy fcks all over the place :sarcastic:

image.gif.f39809750966543207cca324317c0c98.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

JJ wasn't getting any minutes in the playoffs either.  In 2 of the post season games he played only 5 minutes and 6 minutes in another.  Sample size is too small.  Plus I'm not trying to compare the 2 rather combine the 2.  They would make a good rebounding tandem.

It was the comparison you made that I was responding to:

while OO can do a lot of things well, rebounding is not one of them.

JJ definitely excel as a rebounder.

There is no doubt that our best rebounding lineups to start the season with our current rosters are with JJ at the PF spot.  I still think Bey's greater experience and the extremely positive numbers from the lineups with Bey last year position him to be the early starter there with JJ getting plenty of time.  And that time may be with CC/Bey starting and OO/JJ playing together off the bench.  

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On top of all the supposed deals for OG they passed on, yeah, there's front office malpractice going on.  Shameful.  Is Masai job-shopping or has he really been that asleep at the wheel? 

Does it remind anyone else a bit of the Budcox era where we ended up watching Horford and Sap leave for nothing?  It feels a bit like that to me if Masai doesn't move Siakam.  (Although Toronto is left with more than we were in terms of young talent.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Does it remind anyone else a bit of the Budcox era where we ended up watching Horford and Sap leave for nothing?  It feels a bit like that to me if Masai doesn't move Siakam.  (Although Toronto is left with more than we were in terms of young talent.)

Except at the very least they'll be able to sign and trade him right because we're in an NBA where there is zero cap space anywhere?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Except at the very least they'll be able to sign and trade him right because we're in an NBA where there is zero cap space anywhere?

Probably.  But that doesn't get you much when the player is already an UFA.  And given his salary it may require you to take back some undesired salary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

No chairs were harmed in the making of this video... 

I spoke to a chair after the Ben Simmons offseason workout video.   The chair told me that it had hurt feelings.   It didn't expect that from Ben.

Chairs have feelings!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I spoke to a chair after the Ben Simmons offseason workout video.   The chair told me that it had hurt feelings.   It didn't expect that from Ben.

Chairs have feelings!

Only question I have is for @Spud2nique.  Did Siakam use the same chairs in his video that you were railing against in JJ's video?  🤓

Oh man, spu gonna be killin me in the pm's.

• Haha 3