• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Hawks player will benefit most (stats) with Quin

Spud2nique

Which Hawk thrives most (stats) 2023-24  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hawk thrives most with Quin at the helm

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2023 at 10:36 PM

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Which Hawk will benefit most statistically in 2023-24 with the arrival of Quin?

Is this asking which one will see the biggest improvement statistically next year from their numbers in 2022-23?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Is this asking which one will see the biggest improvement statistically next year from their numbers in 2022-23?

Yes. I mean I know Quin took over late last year but with a full summer and training camp and all, just wondering who’s numbers spike the most.

As long as the Hawks remain a poor screening and cutting team from the guards/ wings and poor playmaking squad from the front court I don’t expect any “spikes.”  You just can’t run a truly sophisticated offense without both, and Quin knows that.  

The bench should continue to post great lineup metrics as AJ and Bey spam even more good corner three looks.  If Jalen’s three becomes honorable that would open up a whole new dimension tho.

Edited by benhillboy

Edit cut off time strikes again.  But the advantages of Jalen attacking close outs and unbalancing the defense are numerous af: Short dump offs/ bounce passes, lobs, putting someone’s child on a poster, or kicks to open shooters.

He showed me full well last season his quick decision making wasn’t a fluke.  A 2:1 assist to turnover ratio for a 21 year old 4 who’s still pretty damn green was just fantastic.  I‘m not totally on board with him starting but here we are if the Siakam pipe dreams don’t come to fruition.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I honestly expect to see a lot better play out of our guards because they will have definite plays to run.   So, I think a midrange shooter/slasher like DJ will benefit the most because he will be able to take advantage of the holes in the defense. 

I don't know if we can really say that JJ will improve.   Simply because we can't say for sure that he will be getting Minutes.   Moreover, I think Quin teaches a motion offense that is directed off of the point.   I don't know what he will draw up but it will be different than what we have been seeing. 

There may be a great push for AJ in the FO.  He was damn near 50/40/90...  at 19.  If we did trade away Hunter, I can't not see them trying to get Aj lots of minutes at the 3. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

As long as the Hawks remain a poor screening and cutting team from the guards/ wings and poor playmaking squad from the front court I don’t expect any “spikes.”  You just can’t run a truly sophisticated offense without both, and Quin knows that.  

The bench should continue to post great lineup metrics as AJ and Bey spam even more good corner three looks.  If Jalen’s three becomes honorable that would open up a whole new dimension tho.

Did you vote 🗳️ for JJ, AJ or Bey? I haven’t voted yet and can’t look at results. 

19 hours ago, kg01 said:

BenJalen JohnSimmonson, obvi. 

Correct.

Obvious because he's the most likely candidate to replace Collins in the starting lineup.  Or at the very least, become our 6th man.

Jalen should get 23 - 26 minutes a game at that position.  The only question is, will JJ start, or will he come off the bench?

JJ as a starter

PG - Trae ( 34 ) - DJ ( 14 )

G - DJ ( 20 ) - Bogi ( 24 ) - AJ ( 4 )

SF - Hunter ( 32 ) - AJ ( 16 )

PF - JJ ( 26 ) - Bey ( 22 )

C - OO ( 26 ) - Capela ( 22 )

JJ off the Bench

PG - Trae ( 34 ) - DJ ( 14 )

G - DJ ( 20 ) - Bogi ( 24 ) - AJ ( 4 )

SF - Hunter ( 32 ) - AJ ( 16 )

PF - Bey ( 25 ) - JJ ( 23 )

C - OO ( 26 ) - Capela ( 22 )

If he starts, we'll be better defensively and on the boards.  If he comes off the bench, our shooting will be better and he may be more of a focal point on offense ( both scoring and passing ).

If we stand pat, all of these kids are going to have to come up HUGE, if we want to be a better squad than last year.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Whoa 😳 JJ runnin away wit it. What the. 

He is the obvious pick to me.  He will play a bigger role next year which means an increase in minutes which is the best way to see a spike in per game production.  On top of that, you have the upside of what if he produced at the level he did under Quin but for a full year.  On top of that, there is the possibility for internal growth for his production.  

Just everything aligned for his numbers to spike significantly year over year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

If he starts at PF, his stats can't help but go way up.  Basic logic.  AJ still fighting for minutes with a crowded backcourt.

Basic logic IF, we don’t get a star ⭐️ pf by the name of.. Pas..

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Basic logic IF, we don’t get a star ⭐️ pf by the name of.. Pas..

The people in the poll can't all be here if we get Siakam so I'm operating off the assumption that he is not on the roster.  Can't really account for potential trades given that we don't know who would be coming or going until such a trade is finalized.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

The people in the poll can't all be here if we get Siakam so I'm operating off the assumption that he is not on the roster.  Can't really account for potential trades given that we don't know who would be coming or going until such a trade is finalized.

I’m sorry I just can’t.. new thread coming.