Wes Matthews is a HAWK

theheroatl

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heyul nawl.  He ain't that good. 

Watched the film.  He was good, once upon a time.  He knows how.  Maybe he can't any more but he knows.  Perhaps some of this know how will rub off on our young Hawks.  Probably won't hurt and might help.  You never know.

:stirthepot:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree. It is much needed.

I think people underestimate the losses of guys like Lou Will, Solo, Gallo, etc…

Add to that list potentially losing JC, AND Capela and we are severely lacking in the experience and leadership department 

Mills can still contribute. Matthew's will be another coach basically. I guess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Agree with all said. He’s a needed veteran presence on a team full of young guys. Likely won’t be in the rotation but his locker room leadership will help more than anything he can provide on the court

If Bogi, Hunter and/or Bey is gone for a player, he likely is.

• Premium Member

I found it interesting that Wes Played with Korver as a Rookie.. and then again in Milwaukee as a 9 year vet. 

Korver may have seen some things in Wes that he believed would be good for our lockerroom. 

It comes to a point that I’m like, ‘OK. Malcolm’s about to leave,’ ” Antetokounmpo said. “And at the time, Wesley Matthews and Kyle Korver were the guys I felt like could help us win.”

So, Antetokounmpo grabbed his phone. Matthews, like Antetokounmpo, is represented by Octagon, so it wasn’t difficult for Antetokounmpo to connect with him.

Maybe we're about to trade for Giannis?

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Wes is a scout for Giannis. 

He came over to make sure that things were just right. 

AGriffin Sr. wanted to coach his son.  In the press conferences he mumbled something about Jalen Johnson being better than Giannis. 

• Like 1