• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which of the rumored Big 3s have the best chances of competing for a Championship long term?

JTB

Path to an nba title …..  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have the KAT lineups for both. I think that his the highest ceiling and the lowest floor. 
Siakam moves the needle the least. 
JB is the safest level raising choice, but I can’t say it’s enough to take us over the line. 
Good KAT can get us there, bad KAT could kill us. 

• Like 1

I have more confidence in Siakam than the others because he has a ring and I know he will stay available and play hard. KAT is the riskiest of all of them. JB would be great but he hasn’t been great in playoffs either.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I have the KAT lineups for both. I think that his the highest ceiling and the lowest floor. 
JB is the safest level raising choice, but I can’t say it’s enough to take us over the line. 

Exactly why we should not take on his contract and the cost to bring him here.  

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

The problem is that KAT is the best fit but he's the least motivated. 

Somebody said that Siakam won a chip...  So did Stacey King.  Siakam will work harder but he's high usage.  Since Kawhi and Lowry left, he has bullied the team for shots.  Supposedly to make more money.   If he comes here, we will hurt his feelings.  I honestly want to see him and Dennis cohabitat in Toronto.   That should be funny.   The first time he asks for the ball and Dennis waves him off.. I hope I'm watching so I can laugh. 

Here's my guarantee.  If Dennis stays with Toronto and doesn't get injured and Siakam is not traded, Siakam will have his worst statistical year. 

I went with Trae, KAT, and DJM as the best because the offense would be hard to stop but the defense would be the main issue unless we were able to keep OO. I think the worst would be Trae, JB, and DJM because the lineup would be to redundant for me. I would prefer the Trae, Siakam, DJM more than Trae, Jaylen, DJM because of the damage that Siakam could do inside, off the dribble, and on defense.

I will save the long post for another day but all of these big 3s are actually not really worth it. I’m saying that strictly due to depth and the negatives they bring .

I can make a great case against all these BIG 3s. Any one of these trades will take our depth away guaranteed. Then there’s just too many flaws to try to overcome where you don’t have a complete team.

It’s more valuable that we let our youngsters develop and bring in key vets. 

If we could get another PF in here that would great just in case JJ isn’t ready to start.

15 hours ago, Diesel said:

The problem is that KAT is the best fit but he's the least motivated. 

Somebody said that Siakam won a chip...  So did Stacey King.  Siakam will work harder but he's high usage.  Since Kawhi and Lowry left, he has bullied the team for shots.  Supposedly to make more money.   If he comes here, we will hurt his feelings.  I honestly want to see him and Dennis cohabitat in Toronto.   That should be funny.   The first time he asks for the ball and Dennis waves him off.. I hope I'm watching so I can laugh. 

Here's my guarantee.  If Dennis stays with Toronto and doesn't get injured and Siakam is not traded, Siakam will have his worst statistical year. 

Lol @ comparing Siakam to Stacey King. Siakam was the #2 guy when they won a,chip.

On 7/23/2023 at 3:58 PM, GameTime said:

A Trae-KAT pick n roll would be impossible to stop.

Don’t disagree a Trae - KAT pick n roll or pick and pop opens up so much for the team offensively it’s insane!

But what about the defense. I know we have some here that want us to believe that KATs defense will be ok if he plays center position oppose to playing PF but my eyes don’t trust it.

I knew KAT was bad defensively but I didn’t know how bad until recently. KAT doesn’t move his feet at all defensively. For all the WOAT ish Trae gets from some posters  , KAT makes him look a lot better than what he gets credit for. KAT is not going to move his feet on the perimeter whatsoever!

Id rather have Ayton honestly. Saves us money and he just need to be reassured. 

I like the Trae & KAT combo but unless we are getting some lock down defenders around them we would really be in the same position. Just think about it.

• Premium Member
On 7/23/2023 at 12:58 PM, GameTime said:

A Trae-KAT pick n roll would be impossible to stop.

TBF, no one is stopping a Trae x insert_anyone PNR already - we are consistently one of the top offenses in the league even with the personnel we have.

Siakam would diversify our offense a lot more than Kat, and JB would help out on both sides of the court in a great way.

Maybe I'm underrating KAT, but I'd rather have Siakam or JB easily seeing how they're both better defensively and help our offense in more ways than I think KAT could regardless of his historic shooting numbers at his position