• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

He’s more than a quality coach.  He’s one of the very few true elite coaches in the NBA.  

I will enjoy seeing what he does if things fall apart there and he ends up with a rebuilding team over the life of that deal.  It isn’t likely but he bailed last time he was in that scenario and has sought out super talented players only since.  He was an excellent choice but now the pressure is on for next season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, KB21 said:

Phoenix will be 8-10 games better with Bud.  

59-23.  I’ll be watching.  Bud won 60 one season with us so definitely possible with that roster.

Halliburton questionable for the next game huh?

Well, ya know what they say.  "If this was the playoffs, he'd play".

But this is Hali we're talking bout.  So it's more like, "If this was the regular season, and the bagg was on the line, he'd play." 

😉

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Halliburton questionable for the next game huh?

Well, ya know what they say.  "If this was the playoffs, he'd play".

But this is Hali we're talking bout.  So it's more like, "If this was the regular season, and the bagg was on the line, he'd play." 

😉

Over certain Haliburton :frantics:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So they maybe will put a pause on the Brunson statue?  Pretty hilarious he's outing himself to all these adoring fans as a chief foul-baiter.  I'll patiently await the eggsperts docking him as a player the way they did for the Hawks pg. 

They won't though. He plays for the Knicks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They won't though. He plays for the Knicks.

Wuh-oh, Isola went at Scalabrine when Scal dared question Brunson playing too many minutes.  Isola says Brunson is doing it all for them and is their only chance at winning.  Basically thinks he shld take every shot.  The donte guy scored like 40 the other night, but I guess he's useless.  Just pass it to Will er Brunson.

Odd.  Last few weeks hed tell anyone listening that Thibs and how he's developed the team is what makes them great. 

Reality is, if a team plays its starters a full game, chances are they'll outplay other teams' backups in those extended minutes.  But there are diminishing returns to that strategy, which is what the Knix are starting to see.

IND may give it back, but the damage is being done for NYK either way.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Wuh-oh, Isola went at Scalabrine when Scal dared question Brunson playing too many minutes.  Isola says Brunson is doing it all for them and is their only chance at winning.  Basically thinks he shld take every shot.  The donte guy scored like 40 the other night, but I guess he's useless.  Just pass it to Will er Brunson.

Odd.  Last few weeks hed tell anyone listening that Thibs and how he's developed the team is what makes them great. 

Reality is, if a team plays its starters a full game, chances are they'll outplay other teams' backups in those extended minutes.  But there are diminishing returns to that strategy, which is what the Knix are starting to see.

Indy has lucked into two totally hobbled opponents on their way to a possible conference finals.  As much as I hate Boston i'd rather see them sweep Indy.  Or hopefully Cavs will be there. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I just hate the NBA for trying to take us back to all the NY/Indy crucial playoff matchups and reminiscing of the past. As a Hawks fan I have to mute the crap 💩 even if I muster up the guts to watch a wannabe Trae is Brunson and some skinny boney kid stroke shooting over certain bum in Hali..

I tell ya it’s too much. We should be here. Next year!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I just hate the NBA for trying to take us back to all the NY/Indy crucial playoff matchups and reminiscing of the past. As a Hawks fan I have to mute the crap 💩 even if I muster up the guts to watch a wannabe Trae is Brunson and some skinny boney kid stroke shooting over certain bum in Hali..

I tell ya it’s too much. We should be here. Next year!

Cute how Brunson playing hero-bawl is seen as 'heroic'.

But if Trae takes 2 shots in a row, these same eggsperts are all "WHY HE SO SELFISH!!!" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These playoffs have just been a cavalcade of injuries 

Donovan Mitch being on the Jazz before reminds me of how Jaylen Brown shouldn’t be a Celtic. Just wrong. 

I'm sitting here trying to watch the OKC game and Dallas is so freakin boring. OKC can't hit anything right now so Dallas prolly gonna win, but it's boring as heck right now. 

Also if we end up with a dallas boston finals I'm rioting. It may be a riot of 1 but I'm doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm sitting here trying to watch the OKC game and Dallas is so freakin boring. OKC can't hit anything right now so Dallas prolly gonna win, but it's boring as heck right now. 

Also if we end up with a dallas boston finals I'm rioting. It may be a riot of 1 but I'm doing it. 

Yuck..............................................................................  Can Horford just retire already. That's all I really care about. Like FORK Boston, but I can stomach a Celtics championship without him.

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Riot?  I'm there like I'm here, REH.  It's officially a riot of 2. 

• Thanks 1

On OKC, we're seeing that they're not ready.  Youth is catching up to them.  Only reason it looked so easy in the 1st round is that they faced a diminished team. 

IYKYK 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

On OKC, we're seeing that they're not ready.  Youth is catching up to them.  Only reason it looked so easy in the 1st round is that they faced a diminished team. 

IYKYK 

Luck Fuka choked :sarcastic_blum:

Series tied!

• Like 1