• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Sacramento Kings Draft Pick Watch

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What if the Kings realize they'll be in the lottery at #13 anyway and tank a few games to try and keep their pick? What then?

We win the draft lottery and it goes straight to SAS.

If it's anything like this year, it would be hard to get into the top 11. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What if the Kings realize they'll be in the lottery at #13 anyway and tank a few games to try and keep their pick? What then?

We win the draft lottery and it goes straight to SAS.

They’d have to land pretty squarely in the lottery and outside the play ins to feel comfortable with rolling the dice to tank. 

Is 2025 the last year for it to be a 1rp before it converts to 2rps? If so, then yeah, they’d probably be more open to gamble. 

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

They’d have to land pretty squarely in the lottery and outside the play ins to feel comfortable with rolling the dice to tank. 

Is 2025 the last year for it to be a 1rp before it converts to 2rps? If so, then yeah, they’d probably be more open to gamble. 

2026 is top 10 protected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hawks lost their play-in game.  Kings lose out in the play-in series.  Double drat!

Braves win!  Dream are thru the WNBA draft and ready for the season.  Falcons await their draft.

Some bad.  Some good.  Some are "Wait and see" what happens before the 1st frost of the fall.

Relax.  That draft pick from the Kings was not going to make or break our next season.  

As individuals we would all be happier if we would simply thank God for what we already have and not worry so much about those things that we don't have.  This works with the Hawks too.  Look at what we already have!  Remember, this is not the ending.  This is a new beginning!!

:smug:

• Thanks 1

It was just a dumb trade to begin with. We’ve gotten nothing out of that trade that’s helped us the past 2 years now going on 3. With all the injuries we’ve had, Kev would have been huge for this team.

We’re not a serious franchise.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Top 10 protected in 2026...then 2 2nds: 1 in 2026 and 1 in 2027

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

It was just a dumb trade to begin with. We’ve gotten nothing out of that trade that’s helped us the past 2 years now going on 3. With all the injuries we’ve had, Kev would have been huge for this team.

We’re not a serious franchise.

If we kept Huerter, Bogi, and Murray we’d have three SGs making $14M+.  Most teams only have six total players making over 14M.  One of them had to go.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Top 10 protected in 2026...then 2 2nds: 1 in 2026 and 1 in 2027

I've never understood why a team would agree to trade allowing a 1st to become a 2nd.  It should remain a protected 1st until it conveys.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I've never understood why a team would agree to trade allowing a 1st to become a 2nd.  It should remain a protected 1st until it conveys.   

Agreed but I'd take it even further.  IMHO if you trade a 1st, you trade a 1st.  None of all these random a** protections.  Sh*t or get off the pot.  Protections are cop outs for these cowards.  Have some guts.

I know it'll never happen.  And I know why protections exist.  I'm just saying I think it's weak sauce. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Because the deal doesn’t happen unless the protections are included.  It is all a matter of leverage and how shrewd the GM is.  It is why we trade unprotected picks but we take protected picks.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Their pick in 2025 is top 12 protected.

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Kings lose out but gets us the #13 pick in the draft.  It becomes ours..  Then, we win the draft lottery for the first time ever. 

:mellow: If it’s protected 1-12 then how.. 🤨 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

:mellow: If it’s protected 1-12 then how.. 🤨 

yeah, if they win the lottery they keep the pick.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

yeah, if they win the lottery they keep the pick.

Oh my bad I thought Dies was saying we win  lottery as in “we keep it” but no..

I knew it was a bad idea to fck with Pop in a deal. Dang.

The one thing is we couldn't trade 2026 pick if the Kings pick converted. Now we still can't trade 2026 but we can officially trade 2025 kings pick so we have another asset. 

The Murray deal is pretty volatile.  It could end up being good for us, or devastatingly bad. 

Good result would be if we get the Kings pick next year as a mid first round pick higher than our own.  No swap happens in 2026. Then only give up a late first rounder in 2027. 

Bad result would be the Spurs getting 2-3 high lottery picks.   

We tend to focus on the most negative outcome out of fear, but the Murray deal could end up really positive.    

• Like 2

In life, this is true.

You look for the bad and you find it.

You look for the good and you find it.

Whatever you're looking for, chances are good that you are going to find it.  It's always there, good or bad.

Can we apply this simple rule to the Atlanta Hawks?  I believe that we can.  The good is there. The bad is there.  The most difficult part may be having to decide what to do and how to do.

Baseball and Basketball are two entirely different sports.  I wish that the Hawks GM and all his assistants could spend a week or two with the Braves front office people.  What a wonderful learning experience this could be.  

Some changes must be made.  Hawks are almost good.  Yet, they are not.  What will it take to improve?  That's the question....

:smug:

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Good result would be if we get the Kings pick next year as a mid first round pick higher than our own.  No swap happens in 2026. Then only give up a late first rounder in 2027. 

For a good result - It requires shrewd moves by the front office with ownerships backing to put a winning product with NBA talent on the floor. We can't be toiling in the playin for the next 3 years.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

The Murray deal is pretty volatile.  It could end up being good for us, or devastatingly bad. 

Bad result would be the Spurs getting 2-3 high lottery picks.   

We tend to focus on the most negative outcome out of fear, but the Murray deal could end up really positive.    

Also depends on what happens next with him.  He hasn’t elevated the team to date and if we end up trading him then you have to see what the return is.  DJM is a few years older but has no FA hanging over his head and is much more established.  Value should be similar.