• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Sacramento Kings Draft Pick Watch

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And just like that the Kings are in the #8 spot. Teams 5-8 are separated by only 2 games, so there will be lots of movement up and down with these 4 teams over the next 2 weeks.  NOP lost Ingram to knee injury last night but not sure how he'll be out. Kings lost Huerter. 

My concern with Sac is if they aren't top 6, they have very tough matchups in the playin games.

Screenshot_20240322_092042_Samsung Internet.jpg

It will now be interesting to see how NOP fares with Ingram out for the next two weeks. Can they hold unto the 5th spot?

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It will now be interesting to see how NOP fares with Ingram out for the next two weeks. Can they hold unto the 5th spot?

I don't think they will miss a beat.   They beat us and he was not a big factor at all. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't think they will miss a beat.   They beat us and he was not a big factor at all. 

He wasn't a big factor scoring, but he still had 10 assists and 7 rebounds though. He took only 9 shots in that game.  He averages 16 attempts - 20pts, 6 assists, 5 rebs per game will be missing for the next two weeks.

• Premium Member

Sac is now currently in the 8th spot. The pick is looking less and less likely....first Huerter, now Monk with injuries

Malik Monk suffers right knee injury, could miss significant time

i_dd_b3_67_malik-monk.png?w=190

It was a painful Friday night for the Sacramento Kings. In the first half of their consequential 107-103 home loss to the Dallas Mavericks, Luka Dončić tumbled after a drive and fell onto the right knee of Malik Monk. Monk left the game and didn’t return. It is feared he suffered a sprained MCL, league sources told The Athletic.

– via The Athletic
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sac is now currently in the 8th spot. The pick is looking less and less likely....first Huerter, now Monk with injuries

Malik Monk suffers right knee injury, could miss significant time

i_dd_b3_67_malik-monk.png?w=190

It was a painful Friday night for the Sacramento Kings. In the first half of their consequential 107-103 home loss to the Dallas Mavericks, Luka Dončić tumbled after a drive and fell onto the right knee of Malik Monk. Monk left the game and didn’t return. It is feared he suffered a sprained MCL, league sources told The Athletic.

– via The Athletic

Once Kev was gone, I lost hope in getting this pick in 2024. He's so critical to their spacing. 

I am just looking forward to having either the 10th or 11th pick

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Once Kev was gone, I lost hope in getting this pick in 2024. He's so critical to their spacing. 

I am just looking forward to having either the 10th or 11th pick

You know we still have a chance of making the playoffs by winning the play-in which changes our pick to outside the lottery.

We win tonight we have the same record as Bulls for 9th (they own tie breaker though)

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know we still have a chance of making the playoffs by winning the play-in which changes our pick to outside the lottery.

We win tonight we have the same record as Bulls for 9th (they own tie breaker though)

That's the 11th pick.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's the 11th pick.

If we win our playin games and make the playoffs in the 8th spot...we do not remain in the lottery regardless of our record. We get bumped out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we win our playin games and make the playoffs in the 8th spot...we do not remain in the lottery regardless of our record. We get bumped out.

I don't believe that will happen. We likely have to go through Philly and Embiid. I do believe we can beat Chicago 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't believe that will happen. We likely have to go through Philly and Embiid. I do believe we can beat Chicago 

Is Embiid back from his knee injury? How effective will he be?

I don't know what will or won't happen. 

My main point was clearing up where our pick may or may not be depending on if we get the 8th spot and playoffs or not.

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is Embiid back from his knee injury? How effective will he be?

I don't know what will or won't happen. 

My main point was clearing up where our pick may or may not be depending on if we get the 8th spot and playoffs or not.

He'll be back soon

Philly on a losing skid.  Bulls lost to BKN last night.  Hawks on a heater.  

Any change the unthinkable happens and they pass Philly and Chi??  

Hawks tied with Chi in loss column and only 4 back of Philly.

Go Hawks!  Beat da Bucks.  

17 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Philly on a losing skid.  Bulls lost to BKN last night.  Hawks on a heater.  

Any change the unthinkable happens and they pass Philly and Chi??  

Hawks tied with Chi in loss column and only 4 back of Philly.

Go Hawks!  Beat da Bucks.  

Philly has a pretty easy schedule to close out. 

We could pass the Bulls.  Depends on how they match up with NY.  They play the Knicks 3 times.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

The pick going to 2025 is better anyways. We will be better with no pick, the class is much deeper and better, and lower protections so kings can be in same spot and it’ll convey 

Thing is, I don't trust the Kings to be a playoff team next season even more so  than I do watching how this year may unfold.

Incoming 2 2nds in 2026 and 2027.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thing is, I don't trust the Kings to be a playoff team next season even more so  than I do watching how this year may unfold.

Incoming 2 2nds in 2026 and 2027.

My worry too. 

• Sad 1

Kings are in Boston tonight

They may fall to the 9th seed...:sad:

And only 2 games out of 10th..

@JayBirdHawk said not to trust the Kangs... smh

Edited by terrell