• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I thought about Smart.  Why not at this point?

But R. Williams is out for the year and he clearly is damaged goods.  It's a good idea though and one I was thinking of before he got hurt again. 

Oh $hit it’s my podcast outsider it’s so early I thought it was ATLhero, I guess it was because he gave my proposal a LIKE 👍 

If you like, click but don’t necessarily subscribe.. 🤨 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I mean if we could just get 2 defensive studs via trade this team would perform drastically better. 

think about it, we have the lead late, put in the defensive studs with Trae to close out the game

its not f’n rocket science landry

Easier said than done. Half the teams in the NBA are looking for the same thing, those that have the guys don't want to give them up

We have had our chances in the draft and have seemingly blown it. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pelicans have 'repeatedly stressed' to Zion Williamson to improve diet, conditioning, but he 'doesn't listen'

i_a8_bc_f8_zion-williamson.png?w=190
Zion Williamson’s poor work ethic has been a source of frustration for the Pelicans since they drafted him No. 1 in 2019. The Pelicans have tried to surround Williamson with veterans who have track records of maximizing their potential. The team signed JJ Redick in 2019. In 2022, they traded for CJ McCollum. None of it has made an impact. The Pelicans have repeatedly stressed to Williamson that his diet and conditioning need to improve. Williamson, multiple team sources have told The Times-Picayune, “doesn’t listen.”

But at the start of the season, it was clear Williamson was carrying too much weight. Most distressingly, he has not played himself into better shape, even though the regular season is more than one-quarter of the way over. If anything, Williamson’s conditioning has regressed. Charles Barkley and Shaquille O’Neal, the two Hall of Fame big men who are now popular broadcasters with TNT, each gave Williamson fresh doses of tough love this week.

I've been saying for a while that there was substance to the reports that he wanted out.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JTB said:

The conversation should be about putting better value around Trae

I was just humoring him. Ain’t no way that ever happens, everyone knows you don’t trade Trae. People’s agendas don’t matter. 

Here I’ll say it.

Trae won’t get traded. Not for his prime years anyways. He is Atlanta.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We really don't have any keepers outside of Bufkin, Gueye, and Lundy who are cheap with limited trade value. 

Everyone can be traded if it makes the team get a lot closer to contender status 

Huh????

Two injured guys we haven’t seen play NBA minutes and a GLeaguer?

Of course anyone can be traded - but what we getting back in this scenario for contender status.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ughhhh him too??? And Brandon Clarke. Maaan I swear the NBA is a zig zag league and we keep missing. We big they small, when we small they big. When we need vets, all the kinds of vets we need are injured or unavailable, I swear it’s crazy.

And I think Smart is also out injured for maybe a few more weeks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Wretch said:

I've been saying for a while that there was substance to the reports that he wanted out.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.

What would you offer for him?

He should have declined his extension if he wanted out. Don't sign then get fatter and unhappier.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have one De'Andre James Hunter for Indy:

Ahead of the Indiana Pacers semifinal game in the In-Season Tournament, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported the team is thinking bigger than just the inaugural cup win. The Pacers are reportedly looking to add a "big, athletic, two-way wing" on the trade market. [ignore the rest of the description 🤓]

According to Wojnarowski, Indiana is willing to give up draft picks and young talent to get such a player, because they believe they can keep that player long-term.

[Hunter is already locked up at $20 mil per, why trade for OG and pay him DOUBLE at $40 mil per 🤓]

If I'm not mistaken, Indiana and Atlanta were in talks about a deal for Hunter during the draft.  I'm not sure what the specifics were and why it didn't materialize.

• Like 2

My biggest concern is our FO thinking that waiting until JJ gets back will be the answer to our struggles.

As good as he has been, our FLOOR should not be this bad without him in the lineup. We have much bigger issues to address with this team.

We are loaded with wings but no versatile big men who can take the offensive pressure off of the perimeter players. Defensively, we cannot finish possessions with the rebound consistently even when we actually get stops.

We are devoid of size with skill. Even when JJ comes back, we still miss his presence when he is on the bench.

I personally think we need to consolidate more than ever and give people defined roles and identities.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Jody23 said:

If I'm not mistaken, Indiana and Atlanta were in talks about a deal for Hunter during the draft.  I'm not sure what the specifics were and why it didn't materialize.

Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports was the first to report any Pacers interest in Hunter. Earlier this month, he shared that "Indiana explored trade scenarios for OG Anunoby and the concept of sending Chris Duarte plus draft capital to Atlanta for De’Andre Hunter during February's trade deadline."

Hawks keep messing around with these trades, dangling players for too long. I get it you want to win the trade, but sometimes take 80 cents on the dollar or we end up getting 10 cents on the dollar. The longer their names are put there, the less we'll get. If you don't want 'em, move 'em.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

My biggest concern is our FO thinking that waiting until JJ gets back will be the answer to our struggles.

As good as he has been, our FLOOR should not be this bad without him in the lineup. We have much bigger issues to address with this team.

We are loaded with wings but no versatile big men who can take the offensive pressure off of the perimeter players. Defensively, we cannot finish possessions with the rebound consistently even when we actually get stops.

We are devoid of size with skill. Even when JJ comes back, we still miss his presence when he is on the bench.

I personally think we need to consolidate more than ever and give people defined roles and identities.

Have we really been that bad. 

We lost to BKLN by 1.  Don't look now, but they are streaking.  They demolished Orlando who was on a 7 game win streak.

We Lost to Philly.  ON the Road down two starters... and we were competitive. 

We Lost to Milwaukee.  

image.png

4th quarter let down. 

We lost to Cleveland.  With no bigs.. they are just better. 

We lost to Boston.  Best team in the league.   We hung in there best we could... they just got to us early. 

We still have signs of holding on to the old way of doing things and we lose our starting 4.   Nobody we have is equipped to be a starter level 4 except maybe Hunter and he just don't get it done.  I agree with you we have to do something to patch the wound.. but I really want to see what we look like with JJ.  I think we're better than most believe.