• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Trae’s dad seems to think Murray at least won’t be going to the Knicks. I can’t remember when Murray becomes eligible for trade but I hope we keep him around until we at least have a good plan forward to obtain a superstar to pair with Trae. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

As bad as I hate to say it, they just need to blow it up and be sellers.  I think the  front office needs to be cleaned out, the GM doesn't have a clue.  

We are in the same boat the Nets are in: you literally can't go for a full rebuild because you don't control your own firsts for three straight years. The Spurs raped us on the DJM trade. Giving up two unprotected firsts for a non top 15 player plus a pick swap was madness.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Rebuild is the plan of the planless.  Just going back to the old playbook.  It makes no sense.  It should be easier to use our capital (players) to find a player that will make us better.   Period.   The time will come for that.   We just have to be patient and strategic.   You would think that the Hawks never had a star player before. 

3 hours ago, Watchman said:

What is the fascination with the TPE?  We have a big one that we are apparently going to do nothing with.  Why would we want another one?

With John Collins TPE you need a player getting paid $23M or less.  A Siakam TPE would be a lot higher and therefore enable you to use it for an upper caliber player.  

That’s the idea, but we keep running into a brick wall trying to get Siakam.  

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Rebuild is the plan of the planless.  Just going back to the old playbook.  It makes no sense.  It should be easier to use our capital (players) to find a player that will make us better.   Period.   The time will come for that.   We just have to be patient and strategic.   You would think that the Hawks never had a star player before. 

We're not doing a full rebuild. The only way to even do that properly would be to trade with the Spurs to get our firsts back. I don't think they would give them back for DJM. So on that front that's not even a feasible option.

36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We are in the same boat the Nets are in: you literally can't go for a full rebuild because you don't control your own firsts for three straight years. The Spurs raped us on the DJM trade. Giving up two unprotected firsts for a non top 15 player plus a pick swap was madness.

The story of this franchise under Ressler.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We're not doing a full rebuild. The only way to even do that properly would be to trade with the Spurs to get our firsts back. I don't think they would give them back for DJM. So on that front that's not even a feasible option.

There's some idiot on this board that would opt for trading Trae for picks so that we can make up for the Spurs picks.   We are so addicted to the rigged draft that we would give up the world to be in it and we bitch and moan when we're not in it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

With John Collins TPE you need a player getting paid $23M or less.  A Siakam TPE would be a lot higher and therefore enable you to use it for an upper caliber player.  

That and the fact that he's already overpaid and wants to be paid more.  If we're going to pay for a superstar, then let's go out and get a real superstar.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It would include Murray, Bogi, and JJ for sure. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-1-2024_8-18-12PM.png

This is a steep price, but you gotta pull the trigger if you get an inkling that Zion just needs a change of scenery. Trae+Zion PNR would literally be unstoppable.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Who was the last upper caliber player acquired using a TPE?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Given our recent draft history, it would be better not to depend on the draft.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who was the last upper caliber player acquired using a TPE?

I was just answering his question about why people are talking about a Siakam TPE like it’s an asset.  
It’s definitely speculative where you’d likely end up with someone way overpaid or nothing.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Given our recent draft history, it would be better not to depend on the draft.

I gave you a reaction.. That's because you came back throwing straight heat.

However,   We don't know what our drafting is right now. 

• Bufkin may be really good.
  • Gueye may be a real steal. 
  • Before he hurt his ankle, the other player was in with the big boys.

The Fields led FO is still a mystery. 

41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I gave you a reaction.. That's because you came back throwing straight heat.

However,   We don't know what our drafting is right now. 

• Bufkin may be really good.
  • Gueye may be a real steal. 
  • Before he hurt his ankle, the other player was in with the big boys.

The Fields led FO is still a mystery. 

just my opinions:  

Buffkin was not that impressive to me in summer camp or preseason.  Maybe he'll get a lot better, but I expected more.

Gueye showed some potential but as a 6'10" small forward who needs to put on a good bit of weight.  Somebody get that man some cheeseburgers!!

Lundy seems to have some potential, but can he develop any consistency?

I know these guys are young and inexperienced, and maybe I am hoping for too much too soon, but it doesn't look like people are banging on the doors wanting to play here.  When we get someone who wants to be here, we get rid of them as quickly as possible, or make no secret of the fact that we are shopping them around the league.  I think Murray could have gotten more money to play elsewhere, but took a team friendly contract to stay here, only to find that the guy he wanted to play alongside appears to have thrown him under the bus.  I know it's a business, but when someone makes a sacrifice to play for you, don't throw them out the window.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I think Murray could have gotten more money to play elsewhere, but took a team friendly contract to stay here, only to find that the guy he wanted to play alongside appears to have thrown him under the bus.  I know it's a business, but when someone makes a sacrifice to play for you, don't throw them out the window.

This is my concern, too. And my suspicion as to why Murray scrubbed his IG and Twitter. He came here and was loyal to the organization and Trae only to find out that one of the two (hawks FO or Trae) would be willing to trade him for a big. 

granted, I’d love to see Trae paired with a true big ( a healthy AD is my dream) but not at the expense of Murray. And definitely not for a rental. 

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I think Murray could have gotten more money to play elsewhere, but took a team friendly contract to stay here, only to find that the guy he wanted to play alongside appears to have thrown him under the bus.  I know it's a business, but when someone makes a sacrifice to play for you, don't throw them out the window.

:er: care to explain?

Murray signed July 6th.

The Siakam trades got full steam after (and DJ wasn't trade eligible).

The closest rumored deal was Siakam for Hunter, Mills, AJ, pick.

Everyone was saying at the time that DJ took a team friendly deal so the Hawks could trade for another star to add to him and Trae.

So not understanding this take.

• Thanks 1