• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Regardless of how this ends up - I have no faith in this front office and I don't trust Messy Ressy.

Tony regrets firing Travis but he will never say so in public. Nick has a large voice in this team. Tony is the one calling the shot to basically blow up the roster and try and fix the team to be a better fit for Quin's coaching style.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Tony regrets firing Travis but he will never say so in public. Nick has a large voice in this team. Tony is the one calling the shot to basically blow up the roster and try and fix the team to be a better fit for Quin's coaching style.

:blanky:

Such dysfunction.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I usually try to steer clear of drama, but… are you telling me that we are about to move DJ, when just this last year, we re-structured our entire front office on the fly due to Schlenks disapproval of us pursuing DJ in the first place? So anyone who was pro Schlenk dipped, Nate’s days were numbered, and we decided to publicly fully commit to this new direction under LF. 

And after a year. After letting all this dysfunction happen on his watch last season, Tony is finally regretting letting the young guys push out Schlenk, and we are moving DJ which is basically what started the clock on all this drama in the first place?

And the cherry on top, the Spurs will have won the gamble by letting DJ leave for those assets because we are looking more and more lottery bound by the season.

We tha Atlanta Kangs, baybee!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, AHF said:

This seems really early for a big trade.  Usually teams wait until the deadline to try to do better.  Not saying you haven’t heard this is close or that the Hawks hope to close on a deal ASAP or whatever - just that I’m skeptical whether something happens this early.  If we do, hope we knock it out.

This is why I think this won’t be a “big trade.” 
Trading DJM would be big for us, but for it to be a big trade some other big piece would need to be heading our way. 
I’m willing to bet most fans here will be disappointed with the return. 

9 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Screenshot_20240106_234011_Chrome.jpg

Lets do it. Start Bogi and trade hunter and the door Mat(t)s. 

Best case scenario, so you know it wont happen.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You beat me to it!

I think this also speaks to the behind the scenes agreement Soth was referring to that he didn't want to reveal yet. 

Wondering if that is why OO signed his deal now too......

Don’t get me started on Travis….

Travis traded away Luka and bought way too high on Hunter. His best picks we thought at the time, Huerter and Collins, don’t look so great now. Cam never turned into anything either. We also could have had Hali, but went with OO. I don’t care if Hali didn’t want to come here. Deal with it, rookie.

And if he did his job scouting Luka, you think Ressler is going to veto that if your GM tells you he’s generational? That’s his scouting failure.

The DJM trade was the result of his failures to put another star around Trae. I’m glad he’s gone.

Not that I trust Landry anymore…but I do trust Quin.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1