• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not opposed with bringing in either guy.

It does absolutely nothing to help our defensive issues, but it may make us a better close out team offensively.

True but with Trae getting a legit big time scorer it does take heat off the defense.  Right now Trae is out only legit go to guy.  I believe we would win some games.   The Lakers and Celts don't chase young players they get more vets.  Portzingas being an example.  Hawks should have got him.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

KAT is not going to be available.  Not with the ownership group they have in place right now.

Their top 4 guys ( Ant, KAT, Gobert, McDaniels ) are locked in through 2026, unless Gobert opts out and tests the market in the summer of 2025.  If not, they're good through 2026.

Conley drops off the books this season, and may re-sign with them at a far lower price if the demand for him is low this summer.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why Minny would trade KAT, outside of a 1st round meltdown in the playoffs.

The second tax apron on the LT is terrifying. Minnesota, let alone any other NBA team, is not going to hit that if they can avoid it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They're going to keep KAT.  Gobert will be the one likely to be gone.

And I fully expect them to bit the bullet next year from a tax standpoint, if they get to the NBA Finals or win a title.

Everybody isn't scary or operates on the cheap, like the Hawks tend to do.

They didn't give up 5 first round picks to trade Gobert two seasons later. I know you are in your feels right now but KAT is the only logical person to get moved out of Minnesota.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The second tax apron on the LT is terrifying. Minnesota, let alone any other NBA team, is not going to hit that if they can avoid it. 

A-Rod is not going to sell off KAT, if they make the NBA Finals.  They'll find a way to deal someone else ( namely Gobert ), and stay out of that 2nd apron.

I would like for the Hawks to take a shot at Naz Reid this summer . . or maybe before the deadline.

48 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

PATH OF THE INFILTRATOR

September 2016:  Landry Fields named as college scout for San Antonio Spurs.

September 2019:  Promoted to GM of Austin Spurs, San Antonio Spurs G League affiliate.

October 2020:  Named Hawks Assistant GM.

June 2022:  Promoted to Hawks GM.  Sends 3 first round draft picks to San Antonio Spurs.

Present Day:  Rumors circulating that either Dejounte Murray or Trae Young may be traded to San Antonio Spurs.

0B4252E1-0CB7-4A8F-91F6-65CB91288A43.jpeg.85af1c105b34ba64f0fe61a79712809c.jpeg

915E7159-1B06-487F-B7DA-4E4602017682.gif.b8296d5f485067593f745bbc4d59caa5.gif

Fkng sleeper agent, a plant, or just incompetent.  Don't tell saffron I said that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

A-Rod is not going to sell off KAT, if they make the NBA Finals.  They'll find a way to deal someone else ( namely Gobert ), and stay out of that 2nd apron.

I would like for the Hawks to take a shot at Naz Reid this summer . . or maybe before the deadline.

They are not trading Gobert. I have a Twolf source. KAT is the one that will be moved. If we can wait to the offseason to make big trades I'd send Murray plus whatever to get him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This doesn't sit well with me.  There are no adults in the room to figure this out and rectify the situation instead of letting it fester? 

AJ goes from looking like an NBA player to looking like he forgot how to play?

Cmon - fix this shit. Make it about team vs personal.

Agreed.. I think something is just wrong. AJ has a lot more talent than riding the pine.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Agreed.. I think something is just wrong. AJ has a lot more talent than riding the pine.

And in the meantime, his value has plummeted. We already can't get shit for our other depreciated assets, just add one more.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

"What if I told you an NBA executive was working as an agent and spy for a different organization? The sorry of Landry Fields"

The M. Night twist at the end....

".... the Spurs have announced the man to replace the great Greg Popovich ... Quiiiin Snyderrrr." 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The M. Night twist at the end....

".... the Spurs have announced the man to replace the great Greg Popovich ... Quiiiin Snyderrrr." 

Funny, yet so sad at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They are not trading Gobert. I have a Twolf source. KAT is the one that will be moved. If we can wait to the offseason to make big trades I'd send Murray plus whatever to get him.

If they trade Gobert, Atlanta is the 1st team calling for him. 

• Like 2