• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They don't all need to go but they need to be in their roles.  I think Capela needs to go.  Onyeka needs to start for now and Bey needs to be in his regular role off the bench.    We havent' really seen what the lineup of Trae/DJ/Hunter/JJ/OO can do.  

Since this is a lost season I'm fine with that but you better have a plan for a new starting center next year assuming that OO can't handle the role because my confidence that he could possibly hold the starting role is way down after his season YTD.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Since this is a lost season I'm fine with that but you better have a plan for a new starting center next year assuming that OO can't handle the role because my confidence that he could possibly hold the starting role is way down after his season YTD.

I think he and JJ could work together.  JJ hits the boards hard.  But yeah he may not pan out.  Would have loved to see what a lineup of Trae/DJ/OG/JJ/OO could do but oh well. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think he and JJ could work together.  JJ hits the boards hard.  But yeah he may not pan out.  Would have loved to see what a lineup of Trae/DJ/OG/JJ/OO could do but oh well. 

JJ & OO played well together last year after Snyder stepped in and let JJ play.  I had hoped OO would seize the job this year especially if JJ earned the starter role over Bey which has obviously happened.  

OO definitely can be a useful part of a rotation.  I just want to see more of the moments where he is shutting down Giannis, etc. and less time where he is getting manhandled by a non-descript big man.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two of the players expected to help us move to the next have dissapointed: OO and AJ. What'd you do to your boys @Spud2nique

And it's not even that they didn't take a step.  They both took multiple steps backwards!  That was the killer. 

Even if they'd been 'the same', that would've been fine.  Smh

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

And it's not even that they didn't take a step.  They both took multiple steps backwards!  That was the killer. 

Even if they'd been 'the same', that would've been fine.  Smh

I think they're both still learning how to play NBA basketball and Quin came in and unwound what Nate had instilled and now they're lost again -- at least that's how OO looks, not sure about AJ.  Add on to this OO is playing with complete bums most of the time and it's kind of hard to tell what his deal is.  He just looks worse right now.  I won't be surprised if he appears to take a leap forward at some point, but right now I'm with @AHF in that confidence isn't high around him being a serviceable starter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is fair value 

Waiting to see the protections on the pick.

Miami gets under the 2nd Apron as well....still $16 mil over the tax though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think they're both still learning how to play NBA basketball and Quin came in and unwound what Nate had instilled and now they're lost again -- at least that's how OO looks, not sure about AJ.  Add on to this OO is playing with complete bums most of the time and it's kind of hard to tell what his deal is.  He just looks worse right now.  I won't be surprised if he appears to take a leap forward at some point, but right now I'm with @AHF in that confidence isn't high around him being a serviceable starter.

Although I view the 'system' stuff more as an excuse, I'm wiling to grade on a curve.  Even doing that, there are things he shld be able to do regardless of 'system'.  That's where I have problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bonzaii58 said:

If we’re so desperate for first round picks, can we just package up Bey, Hunter and AJ? Between the three I feel like we can get 2 first round picks.

i just don’t understand why the FO feels Murray is the only way we get to that outcome. 

Because they mean more now, the picks, teams aren't throwing them around like they used too.  

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Bonzaii58 said:

If we’re so desperate for first round picks, can we just package up Bey, Hunter and AJ? Between the three I feel like we can get 2 first round picks.

i just don’t understand why the FO feels Murray is the only way we get to that outcome. 

The way it reads in the rumor mill, the only players worth 1sts on our team are Trae, DJM, and JJ...and just barely.  The insiders have said that teams are looking at us like a farm team and expecting discounts on our assets.  My immediate thought is it's true and they're trying to lower the value and the lowball "bidding war."  In the case of Murray, there's probably a multitude of factors - Klutch being the biggest.

Just now, Wretch said:

The way it reads in the rumor mill, the only players worth 1sts on our team are Trae, DJM, and JJ...and just barely.  The insiders have said that teams are looking at us like a farm team and expecting discounts on our assets.  My immediate thought is it's true and they're trying to lower the value and the lowball "bidding war."  In the case of Murray, there's probably a multitude of factors - Klutch being the biggest.

Bey is going for 1sts. Teams are calling us for him. Hunter and Capela is more about the contract. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bey is going for 1sts. Teams are calling us for him. Hunter and Capela is more about the contract. 

If Bey is going for first rounders, just pull the trigger.  That flat shot is irrecoverable imo, despite flukey streaks.  And his defense is atrocious, like really bad.  We'll be happy with our decision down the road when we have a first rounder in hand, similar to the SAC pick we have this year through the Heurter trade (although I would hope any pick we get for Bey has lower protections).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If Bey is going for first rounders, just pull the trigger.  That flat shot is irrecoverable imo, despite flukey streaks.  And his defense is atrocious, like really bad.  We'll be happy with our decision down the road when we have a first rounder in hand, similar to the SAC pick we have this year through the Heurter trade (although I would hope any pick we get for Bey has lower protections).

He's a lot better than just his flaws

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Headed to California. 

I thought you meant YOU gramps. I was just rolling out the red carpet and getting the champagne 🥂 glasses ready. 😊 

As for us, didn’t see the game but not the result I wanted. 😔 

• Haha 1