• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Murray and Klutch are pushing to get to the Lakers. Teams have consistently low balled us. Personally I would pull him off the market if the best offer is 2029 Lakers pick, DLo flipped to a third team and that's pretty much it. Terrible return for Murray.

As I suspected and feared.  I don't know if I blame anyone outside of the ownership group that has made a mess of things, but I certainly have no appreciation for sports agencies basically tampering.  Maybe I'm just jaded because of the LeBron James effect...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I still have yet to see a hypothetical package from either team that even begins to approach a worthy trade for DJM.  

Grimes + picks in the 20's = :gtfo:

DLo + Lakers 2029 pick = :gtfo:

If this management group is trying to drive Trae Young away by hurling themselves from "play-in team" to "five year rebuild" then the management group should do the same.  Give the team to some real owners who actually want to try to win and don't ruin this window where the Hawks are as hot a ticket as they've ever been.  This is not a market where the fans will support a garbage product so don't do a garbage trade with your best tradeable asset.

If the management group is trying to win, then adding one or more significant pieces to Trae + JJ is the goal.  Neither of these trades accomplish that goal so then they won't do that, and we don't need to worry about it.  

Dlo + 2029 pick (which is viewed as a premium pick) + 2030 swap is a good deal. You’re not getting a better deal anywhere. You guys are overvaluing Murray. Forget what we paid that’s a sunk cost at this point

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, shakes said:

Yes, it is all but guaranteed they won't have Lebron anymore, but it's the Lakers.     

Since we know that LeBron plans to play at least another 10 years this must mean he's headed to another team before this draft pick would become valid.  Care to elaborate?  

:bb:

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Dlo + 2029 pick (which is viewed as a premium pick) + 2030 swap is a good deal. You’re not getting a better deal anywhere. You guys are overvaluing Murray. Forget what we paid that’s a sunk cost at this point

I don't see how that's possible that's a good deal.  Both those picks could be in the 20s and Dlo isn't someone we want or need.  Is DJ worth this much less than OG?

• Like 1

The hawks traded 3 unprotected picks for Murray which was an overpay at the time. So immediately any murray package after isn’t going to net what an overpay for San Antonio did. 

They want 2 picks and a player and will essentially get that when dlo is flipped. That’s as best as it’s going to get. Stop trying to make a Murray trade improve the team because there is NO trade that does that. 

From here they will either trade Trae to San Antonio. Or they will flip a combination of those assets with their 24 picks into a KAT or Zion type in summer 

Just now, macdaddy said:

I don't see how that's possible that's a good deal.  Both those picks could be in the 20s and Dlo isn't someone we want or need.  Is DJ worth this much less than OG?

He’s worth the about same as og and og is way more valuable to a contender. Hawks were gonna get iq and rj for dj if he was eligible at the time. That’s two picks equivalent right there. Not many teams need guards 

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

I guess we'll see what value DLo brings when they trade him.  I can't tell from the media reports if he is a player no one wants on his contract and a toxic value there for matching salary or if he can bring value from another team.  What I will concede is that the 2029 pick could be good.  It could also be garbage.  There is a lot of variability when looking out 5 years and even more when you are talking about LA that could conceivably sign superstar FAs.  But it is also more than 5 years away from now which means you get back zero value for this era of the team and are throwing in the towel.  The hypothetical 2030 swap is a very similar type of situation except it also relies on us being good then which is far from guaranteed.  That 2030 pick could be a lottery pick and still not convey because our pick is better.

I'm not on board with plunging this team into a full rebuild where we lose Trae and suck for the next several years while sending lottery picks to the Spurs in the hopes that maybe the Lakers haven't been able to reload and maybe we are good enough that a swap is worth something in 2030.  I get that you are on board with that outcome.  I'll agree to disagree that this is a good deal.

And the lens through which I view whether something is a good deal or not is if it helps this team build around Trae and JJ.  This trade doesn't do that at all and just rolls the team over on its back for years to come.

I mean sending Trae to San Antonio is preference and I think Trae is laying the seeds for that to happen. 

the organization currently isn’t viewing it like that and they want to build with Trae and jalen. So while the picks may be good or bad those are *currently* viewed as two elite assets by everybody. So you have those 2 + your 24 pick which could be very good + aj + salary to be used in dre and Clint (for now at least) to use to facilitate a star trade for KAT or Zion or bi or whoever it is. That’s without including kings pick you own so you can make selection. There is a package they can use to retool which is their mindset as of now. All this changes if Trae asks out but either way djm is a stepping stone to get to the player they want 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

What I will concede is that the 2029 pick could be good.  It could also be garbage.  There is a lot of variability when looking out 5 years and even more when you are talking about LA that could conceivably sign superstar FAs.  But it is also more than 5 years away from now which means you get back zero value for this era of the team and are throwing in the towel.  The hypothetical 2030 swap is a very similar type of situation except it also relies on us being good then which is far from guaranteed.  That 2030 pick could be a lottery pick and still not convey because our pick is better.

The variance of outcomes is the only value in a pick 5 years from now.  We can actually use that as a great trade piece as well. The swap interests me less.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Your preference.  Not mine.  I don't want to unload the best player we've had since Nique when he is 25 years old.

Good so do something that supports that goal.  Which these garbage trades don't.

I don't believe this for a second.  No team is trading a foundational player at the level of Dejounte for the 2029 Lakers pick plus whatever second round pick type of asset you get for moving DLo to another team.  

Dejounte on his current contract is a much better asset than the 2029 Lakers pick.  Most GMs won't still be working for their current teams in 2029.  They aren't going to give up serious value for a pick that is that far away.  There is a reason that you don't see rumors of other teams dealing strong players for a pick that remote in time.  If the Raptors thought this was better than the return they got they would have traded with the Lakers instead of the Knicks.  We shouldn't do that kind of garbage deal either.

Yep

• Like 4

• Premium Member

If anyone thinks the Lakers in 2029 aren't going to still be a good team you don't know the history of the NBA. They almost always get whoever they want as a premier franchise. That pick will be a low first rounder by 2029 because the Lakers will have convinced some other stars to replace Lebron/AD in five years. 

I am very close to emotionally distancing myself from the Hawks until we get new ownership. Messy Ressy as @JayBirdHawk calls him is the most accurate nickname for ownership since A$G was the blight in Atlanta. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Murray and Klutch are pushing to get to the Lakers. Teams have consistently low balled us. Personally I would pull him off the market if the best offer is 2029 Lakers pick, DLo flipped to a third team and that's pretty much it. Terrible return for Murray.

Either we get a solid offer or we keep him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1