• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would trade Murray for Ausar Thompson so yeah, that's a good trade. 

Do you think Ausar has a path to developing a jumper?   His shooting is really brutal once you get past the free throw line.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

this is one of the better attempts at a Murray trade I've seen myself. Ausar is the type of player I'd want back in a Murray deal. Would like to see what we look like with a real SF playing with Trae. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Do you think Ausar has a path to developing a jumper?   His shooting is really brutal once you get past the free throw line.

Man, that's a million dollar question. I think it's possible but he's far away right now 

• Like 1

Someone posted something over on RealGM that I thought was interesting and leave us tradeable assets + cap space in the off season if we want to turn it into a star. 

Murray / Griffin 

for 

Anthony Black / Gary Harris / ‘24 ORL FRP (protected?) / ‘25 DEN FRP (top 5)

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, ABH said:

Everyone is talking about defense when there is not much defense anymore...it a offense game now until the playoffs then that's only time defense comes into play..look at the scores now..how high...these older.players with 25k points will get pass up so easy now..just wait and see..just because how game is played now

I agree, there is no defense played in the NBA anymore.  It's just a distant thought.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Straight up??

To be clear, folks that think that is a "good deal" want us to bottom out and get rid of Trae.  Just in case you didn't notice.  I'm 2k, you can trade everybody and get a buncha picks and be in the finals in a year. 🙄

Unfortunately we don't live in an Xbox or a ps5. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks, Pistons talked Dejounte Murray trade

A few weeks back, the Atlanta Hawks initiated a trade discussion with the Pistons centered around Dejounte Murray, league sources told The Athletic. The Hawks were interested in Thompson/Ivey and other stuff of good value. Detroit had no interest, according to league sources.

via The Athletic

• The Pistons view Cade Cunningham, Ausar Thompson, Jaden Ivey and Jalen Duren as their blue-chip pieces moving forward. Per league sources, the feeling is that Detroit has no interest in trading any four of those players in the immediate future.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Finally some positive trade talk of a potential Murray deal.

now I wouldn’t be mad at all if we could land this deal ! I much rather we see deals that bring back actual value or do nothing at all 

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

Deals for a 2024 lottery pick + other assets are much better than some of the other deals we've seen floated like Dlo + a 2029 first round pick.  I may not love them but at least you can see a world in which Black or Thompson are important pieces on the Hawks next year.  If we are going to go with a deal that doesn't end up with an established young player joining Trae and JJ then at least getting an upside player plus other assets is interesting.  Thompson and Black are both 6'7'' guys taken at the #5 and #6 spots in the 2023 draft and, unlike our pick, they have actually gotten some developmental time this season.  (Black has played about 800 minutes while Thompson has played about 1000).  

Yeah this is a lot more positive type deal being rumored.

gives me a bit more hope in our front office…just a bit.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not sourced at all but hawks play the lakers next Tuesday then have two days off till next game. Probably a good chance a deal gets done around then 

Expect another underwhelming Atlanta sports move like the Raheem Morris hire?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Someone posted something over on RealGM that I thought was interesting and leave us tradeable assets + cap space in the off season if we want to turn it into a star. 

Murray / Griffin 

for 

Anthony Black / Gary Harris / ‘24 ORL FRP (protected?) / ‘25 DEN FRP (top 5)

How do you figure that's good?

Harris is a FA to be.  Black is tall and thin... and hasn't shown much... and those two first round picks are Late.  Orlando will be good with Murray and Banchero.  Denver is Denver.    How does this help us?  We give up a guy who is signed for the next 5 years... for a rebuilding program. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Why are we taking crap for DJM?  He is worth way more than a Russell and an average pick.  why are we trading him anyway?  He is worth more then that and it doesn’t help us at all.

Hawks fans are so FRP crazy... that they miss the fact that once we trade DJM for crap and FRPs..it signals the start of the firesale and 10 years of a rebuild. 

If we can't get a starter quality player for Murray.. then we're starting the firesale.   Trade off everybody for picks and let the whole world know that we don't know what to do with good players.  Once it happens, (the firesale) we will become the biggest laughingstock in Sports.  How could anybody respect us?

39 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Expect another underwhelming Atlanta sports move like the Raheem Morris hire?

I’m so tired of Atlanta sports right now. 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

we may be heading into some real depressing years with the hawks and falcons.

really does suck especially for those of us who attend the games.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1