Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

If DJM is becoming a cancer you gotta cut it out.  But someone in his camp should tell him to stfu. I get it. He's unhappy...but this ain't it.  If I'm Landry, I tell him you'll get your wish...under our terms. Don't like it.  Don't play.  

26 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

The only way Murray is gonna be happy at this point is if he gets the ball more. On a team with Trae young (one of the best point guards in the league) where we are already doing the point guard stagger, that is literally impossible. Unless you want to give more decision making to DJ, which you shouldn’t because we shouldn’t take the ball out of our best playmaker’s hands. We would have to change the offensive philosophy of Quin which we shouldn’t because it seems like Trae and every is bought in except DJ who doesn’t like it. We’re not gonna change how a coach coaches because of Dejounte Murray cries about his touches.

Do people not realize the way that Dejounte is acting right now, he’s already lowering his trade value. He’s acting like he’s uncoachable arguing with Quin in games now. He doesn’t care, he’s just ready to go at this point. You can’t just wait for the season to be over, YOU HAVE TO GET HIM OFF NOW. This isn’t me agenda posting, it literally makes zero sense to have a dude who clearly doesn’t want to be here past the deadline.

At this point we just gotta take whatever offer we can get because Dejounte being a malcontent is doing a great job of lowering his trade value. It’s the reason why I want to just do the lakers deal because it’s the fastest way to get this thing over with. Zero reason to let this simmer for the whole season

We do not have to make a trade if we're not getting any good offers. Somebody in the front office should've been able to mediate this situation, otherwise they're not doing their job. If Murray is unhappy with the way he's being utilitized, things should've never devolved to the point where now he wants out, after just signing an extension this past summer.

I felt the same way when we traded Cam. Even though Cam may not have been as good as he thought he was, at that time he should've never came to the conclusion that a trade request was his best option. That signals to me that whatever his concerns were, they were neglected to the point where he decides he's done. I'm not saying we should do everything a player suggests, but clearly we've failed to keep players bought into the long term goal of a Hawks' championship. If we trade Murray we might as well get ready to trade Trae next because what will we be left with? At some point the front office needs to actually do their job and manage and develop the talent we do have. Not pray that the skills training these guys do on their own time translates into on-court success.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's our only asset, we don't have to do a damn thing. 

6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

His trade will shape the next direction of the team; there is every reason not to take any return. I could give a d@mn how he pouts for the rest of the season. If we don't get an adequate return for him, he stays until the offseason. 

Hes not our only asset. Everybody except Trae and Jalen are on the table. Bogi, Kobe, AJ, Onyeka can all be traded right now for picks if they wanted too.

Y'all can absolutely be fine with a guy acting like he’s uncoachable and having temper tantrums every game at this point. I’m not. He’s clearly influencing how this team’s playing and affecting what little morale we have. If Landry cared about the team, this dude would’ve been off the team already. 

The single worse decision this team could make is to keep Dejounte past the deadline and let him complain and affect everyone the rest of the season. I know some of yall don’t care, but if this team actually wants to win games in the future, they don’t need such a negative presence.  We aren’t going to a big return for Dejounte, so just take what we can get and deal with it.

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

We do not have to make a trade if we're not getting any good offers. Somebody in the front office should've been able to mediate this situation, otherwise they're not doing their job. If Murray is unhappy with the way he's being utilitized, things should've never devolved to the point where now he wants out, after just signing an extension this past summer.

I felt the same way when we traded Cam. Even though Cam may not have been as good as he thought he was, at that time he should've never came to the conclusion that a trade request was his best option. That signals to me that whatever his concerns were, they were neglected to the point where he decides he's done. I'm not saying we should do everything a player suggests, but clearly we've failed to keep players bought into the long term goal of a Hawks' championship. If we trade Murray we might as well get ready to trade Trae next because what will we be left with? At some point the front office needs to actually do their job and manage and develop the talent we do have. Not pray that the skills training these guys do on their own time translates into on-court success.

It’s crazy how I have to keep repeating the same stuff over and over again. DEJOUNTE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE! You have literally not responded to anything I said about the coaching changes we have to do. Everyone is bought in except ONE GUY! Cam got traded because he was young, dumb, and thought he was too good of a player to be treated the way he was. If Cam didn’t want to change his attitude, what was the front office supposed to do?

It’s literally same thing with Dejounte. If Dejounte doesn’t want to change his attitude AT ALL (which it’s pretty obvious he’s been angry at this situation and doesn’t want to change his mind for a few months now), what the heck else is the front office supposed to do? He’s got to go. We can’t be making all these adjustments to just suit Dejounte, especially when we need to be focusing on Jalen’s development who everyone loves. If he doesn’t want to be here, THEN TRADE HIM. No reason to continue the relationship. Stop trying to make something work that a person clearly wants to end. Like Dejounte literally posted this Instagram story, he’s not changing his mind!

IMG_1103.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

It’s crazy how I have to keep repeating the same stuff over and over again. DEJOUNTE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE! You have literally not responded to anything I said about the coaching changes we have to do. Everyone is bought in except ONE GUY! Cam got traded because he was young, dumb, and thought he was too good of a player to be treated the way he was. If Cam didn’t want to change his attitude, what was the front office supposed to do?

It’s literally same thing with Dejounte. If Dejounte doesn’t want to change his attitude AT ALL (which it’s pretty obvious he’s been angry at this situation and doesn’t want to change his mind for a few months now), what the heck else is the front office supposed to do? He’s got to go. We can’t be making all these adjustments to just suit Dejounte, especially when we need to be focusing on Jalen’s development who everyone loves. If he doesn’t want to be here, THEN TRADE HIM. No reason to continue the relationship. Stop trying to make something work that a person clearly wants to end. Like Dejounte literally posted this Instagram story, he’s not changing his mind!

IMG_1103.jpeg

Who on this team is bought in? How many good games of Hawks basketball have you watched this season? This team fully healthy is barely .500 which as far as I'm concerned is a major underperformance. Our problems are bigger than Murray and shipping him out just to do it fixes nothing. We're not losing games just because of Murray. There's a real lack of leadership within the organization, not just the players. This team is just going through the motions, and it's clear than Quin's system is doing nothing to enhance most of the talent on the team. My point isn't to blame coaching or the players, but rather the front office that isn't doing their job. They are not managing the team and its clear now that since Shlenk's removal we have no plan, no direction. Further mismanagement of the roster will continue to lead to us losing games until the day Trae asks out, because he'll reach the same conclusion other players have: that they're better off somewhere else.

It's not about pacifying Dejounte or Cam or anyone else because I think they're our savior. It's about making necessary concessions, or personnel changes that actually move the team forward in a positive direction. We can have our disagreements about what the Hawks should do, but it should be clear that what they have actually done in reality is set us back more and more. Selling low on Dejounte doesn't fix anything.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I’m not sure what you mean by Trae problem.  Not much has changed with Trae other than him being more active on defense.  Are you seeing something else he is doing differently or do you mean that Dejounte might have developed a resentment towards Trae being the primary point or something else?

DJM having some resentment towards Trae, or the favoritism for him. The message is weird - “Things we do in practice aren’t happening during the games.” We only have two players who mainly have a chance to run the offense and the game.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I can confirm that's a real DM from DJM. I believe he and Klutch are now starting the "Vince Carter" plan to force the Hawks to trade him.

Hell would freeze over now before I would trade him and for sure it wouldn't be to the Fakers.   Screw Klutch, the Lakers, and the NBA.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

What makes me scratch my head is that he knew Trae was here when he enthusiastically embraced the trade here and then he resigned for four years instead of becoming an UFA.  That is knowingly buying into the situation where you are the team’s shooting guard.  To now hear he was already frustrated not playing PG when he signed the sub-market extension is a real head scratcher.

It is like buying a compact car and then complaining because you can’t see past the SUV in front of you.  That was a given when you bought the car right?

Wasn't there talk of Trae beginning to play off the ball (i.e. a 2 Guard)?  If he had been told that was going to happen and it didn't, which wouldn't shock me, knowing our lousy front office, I can understand his frustration.  I guess Trae can throw the biggest temper tantrum, and as always, he wins for whatever reason.  DJM took a lower $ contract to stay here.  That would indicate he was misled my management, and possibly ownership.  I wish we could unload both of them at this point.

2 hours ago, cam1218 said:

DJM having some resentment towards Trae, or the favoritism for him. The message is weird - “Things we do in practice aren’t happening during the games.” We only have two players who mainly have a chance to run the offense and the game.

The rest of the team should follow suit.

2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Who on this team is bought in? How many good games of Hawks basketball have you watched this season? This team fully healthy is barely .500 which as far as I'm concerned is a major underperformance. Our problems are bigger than Murray and shipping him out just to do it fixes nothing. We're not losing games just because of Murray. There's a real lack of leadership within the organization, not just the players. This team is just going through the motions, and it's clear than Quin's system is doing nothing to enhance most of the talent on the team. My point isn't to blame coaching or the players, but rather the front office that isn't doing their job. They are not managing the team and its clear now that since Shlenk's removal we have no plan, no direction. Further mismanagement of the roster will continue to lead to us losing games until the day Trae asks out, because he'll reach the same conclusion other players have: that they're better off somewhere else.

It's not about pacifying Dejounte or Cam or anyone else because I think they're our savior. It's about making necessary concessions, or personnel changes that actually move the team forward in a positive direction. We can have our disagreements about what the Hawks should do, but it should be clear that what they have actually done in reality is set us back more and more. Selling low on Dejounte doesn't fix anything.

Selling low - It's our standard mode of operation now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JTB said:

Bogi is Traes perfect backcourt mate offensively under Synder.

I’ve been knowing Murray would have to be traded months ago but my thread was ignored. Yesterday’s game speaks volumes though. Murray didn’t even listen to Synder and the arguments are getting bad. 

murray and Synder are fighting almost publicly…can you imagine if Trae did that ??? 

That's not Trae's style.  He just looks disinterested in time outs.