• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

4 hours ago, akay said:

Quin Snyder did not join the ATL Hawks to coach Dejounte Murray, like lets be fr lol

The Trae-Murray pairing doesnt work. Something has to give. Trying to continue status quo will just result of more than the same losses and inconsistent play.

5 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

If Snyder wants to keep Murray, then I think they need to trade Trae to Spurs, get all our picks back and Vassell.

LOL No..

all this trade Trae talk is absolutely ridiculous… is this realgm?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Draft picks are important...when you are rebuilding.  If we were going that route, the best thing to do would be trade everyone but JJ for a boatload of HIGH draft picks and promising, young, LOTTERY PICK CALIBER players.  That's a complete reset...just to hope and pray that just one or two of those picks/players is as good as the two young, veteran, players that we just got rid of.  I wouldn't do that even if Trae asked for a trade.  I would try to swap him for another elite talent and keep it moving.

People don't understand that we have done the hardest part of building a contender.  You don't just find elite talent and it doesn't just walk in the door - unless your LA, NY, or you have elite talent and have expertly positioned your cap to entice someone.  We need to make the most of this and move forward, not take steps backwards.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Any way to get Ben for Bogi/Capela?

They'd prolly take it.

1.  To get out of Ben's contract. 
  2. To get some insurance in case they can't resign Claxton.
  3. Bogi's shooting. 

Why would we do it off of the strength of 1 game played.  Don't get me wrong. I was a big proponent of getting Simmons a while back.  I still like his defense.   Looks like he shut down Markenenn.  I was waiting on the playback.  However,:

1. back injury that required surgery? 
  2. Where is his head?
  3. We get him move JJ to 3... what happens to DHunt?
  4. Or does he become a small ball Center?

I hadn't consider this until now... At 6'10 240..  He matches CC perfectly and we could put him at Center.  To have a great passer at the 5 a good passer at the 4 and Trae and DJ.. we'd be dangerous whipping the ball around.  However, we would miss the hell out of Bogi's shooting.  If Bey were a consistent 38% 3 pt shooter... this could be a good possibility. If we deemed his health to be OK... But I have doubts about that.   We don't need 2 guys sitting in the sand playing with 1 having a max contract and the other holding 20 Million dollars. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They'd prolly take it.

1.  To get out of Ben's contract. 
  2. To get some insurance in case they can't resign Claxton.
  3. Bogi's shooting. 

Why would we do it off of the strength of 1 game played.  Don't get me wrong. I was a big proponent of getting Simmons a while back.  I still like his defense.   Looks like he shut down Markenenn.  I was waiting on the playback.  However,:

1. back injury that required surgery? 
  2. Where is his head?
  3. We get him move JJ to 3... what happens to DHunt?
  4. Or does he become a small ball Center?

I hadn't consider this until now... At 6'10 240..  He matches CC perfectly and we could put him at Center.  To have a great passer at the 5 a good passer at the 4 and Trae and DJ.. we'd be dangerous whipping the ball around.  However, we would miss the hell out of Bogi's shooting.  If Bey were a consistent 38% 3 pt shooter... this could be a good possibility. If we deemed his health to be OK... But I have doubts about that.   We don't need 2 guys sitting in the sand playing with 1 having a max contract and the other holding 20 Million dollars. 

All the issues aside, I'd love to see Simmons on the Hawks. 

I agree with those plus side points... Obviously he is a big risk but would have great upside on the defensive end.

Bogi and Capela need to be moved and that is a great trade partner since that fits what they need (If Claxton needs a backup)

I'd definitely play

Trae-DJ-Hunter-JJ-Ben
Ben is essentially a non-offensive Bam Adebayo
It's a dream but Ben averaging 10-10-10 would be massive

Of course, I would want to some serious interviewing with Ben and what the problems are before taking his contract.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I dont get the 'get our picks back' narrative.  Get em back to do what?  Pick s'more turds that can't hit the floor?

I got no idea why folks wanna turn an all-nba caliber player into more DeAndre Hunters.  'Member him?  The top-5 pick yall are clamoring for.  It's like folks forgot he's the highest drafted guy on the team.  Actually, it's worse.  "Our picks" won't even be top-5!  What are we doing? 

Recent pick history...

• Cam = Gone.  Traded for No Knox.
  • DeAndre = here but Gone. 
  • AJ = Here but Gone. 
  • JJ = Only bright spot in the group. 
  • OO = Here but regressing.  Certainly don't look like a #6 pick in the draft. 
  • Bufkin = Is tearing stuff up in the G-League. 

Our whole draft pick History looks this bad.  Yet there are a whole bunch of Hawks faithful who really believe that one day... 1st.. the league will let us have a good pick  2nd.. we will do the right thing with it. 

Gone head and reserve my seat on the picks don't mean S--- Train. 

• Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Bufkin recalled from the Skyhawks, Vit sent down.

Just putting this out there.

For what? Ain't enough young players to pass out Gatorade? We got Garrison freaking Matthew's...why the heck would Quinn add anyone who can play to mix. Screw that!

IMG_0204.gif

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Diesel said:

ur whole draft pick History looks this bad.  Yet there are a whole bunch of Hawks faithful who really believe that one day... 1st.. the league will let us have a good pick  2nd.. we will do the right thing with it. 

Gone head and reserve my seat on the picks don't mean S--- Train. 

This is where I am for the most part.  The only "value" picks have to me is in their liquidity to be flipped for actual players that have already been established.  And even then, it always feels like our FO has to pay a "sucky organization tariff" to get any kind of quality player.  So the value of a pick to me is just deflated compared to what it could be for other, competent organizations.  

• Like 1