• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting.

We know DJ wasn't part of the deal since he would not have been trade eligible in November.

So some combination of CC, Hunter and Bogi.

DeRozan - $28 million expiring.

Lavine - $40, $43, $45, $48 (PO) million.

If this was a Ressler squash, probably Lavine since DeRozan is expriring.

Thanks. I still hate everyone involved in that lol. I mean, Derozan, Lavine, they aren’t gone do anymore than DJ for me. I mean Lavine got the all around offensive game on all levels and Derozan is the middy king 👑, I dunno, maybe it could work. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
On 1/29/2024 at 3:49 PM, AHF said:

Over / under on when he is next out?  Is March 1 too soon?  Too far out?  Not sure how to handicap this.

On 1/29/2024 at 3:52 PM, Spud2nique said:

One dunk! Under! 

Winner:  @Spud2nique

• Haha 2

We could still see a trade with Chicago before the deadline.. we need Caruso and Pat Williams and they can toss in Lavine

if we can send them Bey and Bogi that would be best..

Keep DJM

GOTTA TRADE OFFENSE FOR DEFENSE

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

they can toss in Lavine

😂… honestly he’s way more talented than a toss in but he isn’t the dude. I think if he was THAT guy, more teams would be jumping in the mix. 

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😂… honestly he’s way more talented than a toss in but he isn’t the dude. I think if he was THAT guy, more teams would be jumping in the mix. 

Yeah… also though he would be the SG next to Trae… that would require DJ to them.

It very well possibly could be Lavine-Pat-Caruso to Hawks for DJ-Bogi-Bey

that is an incredibly even trade that wouldn’t require picks but it just depends on the FO viewpoint of Lavine moving forward.. however he certainly is a SG vs PG (in Murray)

Its a big offense for defense swap and I’m sure Ressler would want to get a pick from Bulls plus dump a contract (which we don’t really have to dump)

IMG_3749.jpeg

Edited by theheroatl

• Moderators
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah… also though he would be the SG next to Trae… that would require DJ to them.

that is an incredibly even trade that wouldn’t require picks but it just depends on the FO viewpoint of Lavine moving forward.. however he certainly is a SG vs PG (in Murray)

Its a big offense for defense swap and I’m sure Ressler would want to get a pick from Bulls plus dump a contract (which we don’t really have to dump)

IMG_3749.jpeg

Pat looks like someone whose salary expectations are wildly out of control.  That isn’t necessarily terrible for a RFA since you can match but I just don’t know about him.  LaVine’s biggest worry is health.  Caruso is having a career season.  

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s sad but this dude is like worse than Tmac as far as injuries and that dude was made of glass. 

Hard to believe he was only 32 when he was here.  Feels like he was 38.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@theheroatl, I might have to smack some sense into ya, lol.  The main piece you would be getting there (at least from a usage perspective) is Lavine, who doesn't play a lick of defense and would absolutely cripple our financial flexibility for the foreseeable future.  The dude is already not performing up to his salary and will likely only get worse in future years. 

I'd be fine with PWill as a buy-low candidate, but am not willing to pay a premium for him.  He's decent on the defensive side, but his offense leaves a lot to be desired, although I would be interested in seeing if Trae could help elevate him on that side of the ball.  But add in the fact that he's looking to be PAID this upcoming offseason, so I wouldn't count on him to help us beyond this year.  If anything, the Hawks should have learned not to overpay role players who haven't really shown much so far.

I do like Caruso, and he would be the main guy of interest to me here.

From a player-to-player value perspective, in comparing performance to price, here's how I roughly see the comparison:

DJ >>>> Lavine
Bey = PWill
Bogi = Caruso

If you truly wanted to do a offense-for-defense swap, I would just make it Bey + Bogi for PWill + Caruso.  I think that's pretty close on value and makes much more sense if helping our defense is the goal.  Including Lavine just absolutely kills it for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

IMG_3749.jpeg

$40M?  Ewww…No thanks 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I read Sacramento is trying to work a deal for him.  

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Final_quest said:

We filled out the roster with the same budget as everyone else.  You keep making it seem like teams are outspending the Hawks at roster slots 9-15.  

I have no idea where you are getting this.  I am saying that our roster is significantly less productive than every other team.  I keep saying I don't care about how much we are spending but about the quality of the players.  Yet somehow we keep going back to the idea that we have to outspend everyone.  I'm saying the front office has failed to populate our team with the quality of depth that other rosters enjoy and it has been a signfiicant problem for this team.

13 hours ago, Final_quest said:

To me this isn’t about either.  I understand you to be saying we aren’t spending enough to have good players at 9-15.  Show me where the higher spending at those slots is leading to more production.  
It isn’t about stats.  The better teams spend more at 1-8 not 9-15.  

I am not saying we aren't spending enough.  I am saying we have historically unproductive players at those spots and we had the resources to do better if money was the difference.  The fact that other teams are getting dramatically more production without spending more just emphasizes what a piss poor job our front office has done.

I'll see if I'm motivated enough to include salaries in the bench assessment.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Hawks faithful are seemingly not patient and not willing to be happy with what we have.   That's a bad combo. 

Austin Reaves is a trick.  DJ showed the world the other night.  That was on purpose. 

The Lakers have fooled somebody in the Hawks office into believing that Reaves has some great value.   The man doesn't play a lick of defense.   Nothing he does is impressive and he lives under the shadow casted by King James.   Murray is much much better and we have Murray on a value deal..    A 29 pick is nothing. 

If the Lakers turn around and offered Reaves, ________player, and 2029 pick for Murray and our FO takes it.. we need to burn that office down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If Quin truly said no to trading DJ, I am good with knowing that.

Reaves aint it at all. 

Why does anyone value him? His defense is worst than Trae's.  Trae's been adequate this season. I'm referring to previous seasons. 

• Like 3