• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We caught breaks with Cam AND Heurter.  We're just too emotional in the moment to see it.  We got first round picks back for both of those guys and they barely belong in NBA rotations right now.  Now, that's absolutely a consolation prize as ideally, our picks would be hitting in a way we keep guys on the roster.  JJ seems to be that -- I'm hopeful OO is too.  We'll see on Bufkin.  Maybe I'm just a glass half-full type of person, but I see a lot of other teams struggling a lot more than us right now.  I'm bullish on our future.  Quin has only had ~half a season to put his fingerprints on this team.

This little streak has given me new hope.. was hoping we could pull it off last night but oh well..

I think a few strategic trades can go a long way for us.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Well why is he just languishing on the bench, and not in College Park to even get a little run?

This kid played 1401 minutes last year in 72 games.   This year, he's only played 132 minutes in 18 games.

He didn't even get any run when Hunter was hurt and hasn't played more than 10 minutes in a game since Thanksgiving weekend.

In his last 9 games from Thanksgiving until now, he's shot 3 - 25 FG . . 1 - 16 3FG . . . and has scored a grand total of 7 points. Even in scrub minutes, that's almost impossible to do.

You would think a few games in College Park would at least get him engaged, and maybe back on track to be a fringe rotation player.  But if something has happened between him and Quin, why is he still on the team?  Just trade him away for a 2nd rd pick, if they feel that he can't be salvaged.

If it's Quin's system of shying away from midrange jumpers that is his nemesis, that means he doesn't fit, and they should cut ties with him.

Just more questions than answers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We caught breaks with Cam AND Heurter.  We're just too emotional in the moment to see it.  We got first round picks back for both of those guys and they barely belong in NBA rotations right now.  Now, that's absolutely a consolation prize as ideally, our picks would be hitting in a way we keep guys on the roster.  JJ seems to be that -- I'm hopeful OO is too.  We'll see on Bufkin.  Maybe I'm just a glass half-full type of person, but I see a lot of other teams struggling a lot more than us right now.  I'm bullish on our future.  Quin has only had ~half a season to put his fingerprints on this team.

No one says you can't be bullish, but the Hawks constantly mismanaged assets.  That's my opinion. Until they exhibit some form of competency, it's right to question the vision.  

• Thanks 1

I can see us moving Bey for Grimes or Okoro.

I can see us moving Mills and a second for Delon.

However the most importante move is to upgrade the frontcourt, we need a Big C and a backup PF, we need them to shoot the 3 and I see nothing in that direction

• Like 3

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I can see us moving Bey for Grimes or Okoro.

I can see us moving Mills and a second for Delon.

However the most importante move is to upgrade the frontcourt, we need a Big C and a backup PF, we need them to shoot the 3 and I see nothing in that direction

What does D. Wright bring to the table?  Mills has played pretty well for limited mins.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah but there's no need to salary dump AJ, which is what this deal becomes basically.  Poor asset mgt.  Atleast give me another rookie, maybe one needing a change of scenery.  Somethin' 

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but, we aren’t getting anything out of the kid right now anyway. We have enough history of holding on to a player too long to where he has no value that I am willing to make that move on from him.

Holding and waiting hasn’t worked out well for us.

It isn’t a salary dump when we are getting a player that can actually help us on the court right now. It’s the offseason where we can decide if Okoro is worth resigning or letting him walk based on his play in the 2nd half of the season.

Hawks can look at the Cavs to see what a team with a good backcourt can do with a good front court that has size, scoring ability and plays defense and rebound. By adding a talented big or two who have size, play defense and can score some would totally turn this franchise around. I still think Wiseman can help some. Remember bigs sometimes take longer to develop. This along with a consistent 18 pts a night from Hunter and good defense . Is this too much to ask for especially at his price pt.

Not winning a championship but firmly in the playoffs looking for one more impact player to compete for a chip.. Finding these players won't be easy but it can be done. 

Finally, I Hate how AJ is being used. This is looking like a wasted year. We know he can shoot but he  just  needs to rebuild his  confidence . What is going on here?  Why was he away from the team? I would love to see him and Bufkin develop as our second team backcourt. Gives use a backcourt with nice size. The  Hawks are not in a position to totally miss on a first round pick. Are you telling me he's beyond development.  Come on man I'm not buying it.    Play the Man !!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AHF said:

I don't believe for a second that Ressler would pay the tax for Bey.  I do believe he might say that he would do it (or think about doing it if [fill in with condition that won't be met]).

Oh by the way in less than a couple days my a(vatar)$$ is yours. Unless we go over which is highly unlikely. @macdaddy owes me from the 🦁 too 😂 some avatar changes are coming soon to the squawk 🦜 near you 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Seriously doubt that is what is happening. It’s more likely that his fire and brimstone posts are a symptom of a mental and emotional crisis due to the traumatic life events that have occurred recently and he has not been  100% locked in to his career as a ball player. Not that posting bible references is bad, it’s not. Nor is being a believer. It’s just a lack of discernment as a public figure that stands out as a potential red flag which matches up with the timeline of his lack of playing time.

Well if it's performance I totally understand and agree.  

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed otherwise this man would have retired a Hawk 😐 

IMG_2929.thumb.jpeg.c3a2c186376fbebde4c359caa18b0503.jpeg

He played like one game right and scored like 19 pts.  Then he was traded.  Smh

Okaaayyy, and what would we get from the Nets. DFS? 🤷‍♀️ 

HOUSTON, TEXAS - JANUARY 29: D'Angelo Russell #1 of the Los Angeles Lakers against the Houston Rockets during the first half at Toyota Center on January 29, 2024 in Houston, Texas. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement.  (Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images)
Carmen Mandato/Getty Images

A reunion with the Brooklyn Nets could be in store for Los Angeles Lakers guard D'Angelo Russell if he's included in a trade headlined by the Atlanta Hawks' Dejounte Murray, according to The Athletic's Sam Amick.

Amick reported the Hawks have displayed a "clear disinterest" in landing Russell, which would necessitate the need of a third team. To that end, the Nets have been "routinely highlighted" as a prospective suitor.

I’ll take Royce too.

• Like 1

Heard the hawks and their very first Dejounte suitor are close to a deal. Things could change as they ask for final bids and the other team evaluates if this is the “all in” move they want to pursue for this year but may be headed for a deal

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but, we aren’t getting anything out of the kid right now anyway. We have enough history of holding on to a player too long to where he has no value that I am willing to make that move on from him.

Holding and waiting hasn’t worked out well for us.

It isn’t a salary dump when we are getting a player that can actually help us on the court right now. It’s the offseason where we can decide if Okoro is worth resigning or letting him walk based on his play in the 2nd half of the season.

We can get more via trade.  A player like Okoro is the floor, not the ceiling.  That's my point. 

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Seriously doubt that is what is happening. It’s more likely that his fire and brimstone posts are a symptom of a mental and emotional crisis due to the traumatic life events that have occurred recently and he has not been  100% locked in to his career as a ball player. Not that posting bible references is bad, it’s not. Nor is being a believer. It’s just a lack of discernment as a public figure that stands out as a potential red flag which matches up with the timeline of his lack of playing time.

Yeah I seriously doubt he's being persecuted because of his beliefs.  It's more likely, if anything, he's some version of out of control or not fully committed in general ... and religious stuff is part of that larger issue. 

But, again, this is all unfair speculation.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Heard the hawks and their very first Dejounte suitor are close to a deal. Things could change as they ask for final bids and the other team evaluates if this is the “all in” move they want to pursue for this year but may be headed for a deal

This makes me nervous.  No rumored deal suggests any team has to be “all in” to pull the trigger.  “All in” means giving up substantial value.  It implies risk.  Please just focus on AJ, Capela, etc., trades.

Edited by Hawkish