• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

20 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Uh yeah we will..  I’ve seen nothing but unneeded panic from this board since June

It’s a continuous cycle of “insider” post vague af post… 80% say it’s trash and panic and blame Ressler 5% skeptical, 5% say they are becoming Jazz fans

People can feel what they want. It's the battered fan syndrome. Do you.  But I don't have to think it's the damn Glee club around the Hawks. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Landry hasn’t made a bad trade yet so I don’t think the Knicks trash is coming to us

Agreed.  I have no reason to believe Landry will make a bad deal.  If anything, it feels like this front office has been working really hard and dilgencing all available players very well.  This isn't even a potential salary shed so no idea where all the angst is coming from.

• Like 1

This is the sadly the beat package I’ve seen for DJ, and it’s not that great but it’s not horrible.

for Milwaukee to get Murray, a possible package of Bobby Portis, Pat Connaughton, MarJon Beauchamp, Portland’s 2024 second-round pick, and Milwaukee’s 2027 second-round pick has to be sent to the Hawks.

Trae and Bobby would murder the PNR.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I heard he was off the table and almost all the Hawks players were at this point off the table at least until the offseason. 

Why take guys off the table? We should be open for business. If you don't get an offer to your liking then so be it, but there's no need to take guys off the table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My Twolf source told half the league is waiting to see what the Hawks do before they do anything. This might be the first time I can remember the Hawks are holding up the league like this. It is kinda comical. 

“Let’s see if the Hawks trade a pack of M&Ms with nuts for a pack of … nuts.”

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As Marc Stein reported recently, and which was confirmed by a league source to The Athletic, second-year Hawks coach Quin Snyder is known to be advocating for the Hawks to hold onto Murray. That sort of prominent voice is certainly enough to split the room, so to speak, when a particular trade is being analyzed.

What’s more, the Hawks’ front office, which is now led by general manager Landry Fields, added another key figure recently who is surely weighing in on the conversation. Chris Grant, the former Cleveland Cavaliers general manager who worked with Fields in recent years while with the Spurs, was added by Atlanta as an executive adviser in mid-January.

The challenge here for the Hawks, it seems, is that doing this deal without Reaves would do very little to help their chances of winning now. There is value in recouping some of the assets lost in the trade to land Murray, but one first-rounder (and perhaps a first-round swap and/or second-rounders) pales in comparison to what they gave up to get him in 2022.

The question, then, is whether they decide to forge ahead with this flawed roster while waiting until this summer to revisit the Murray market. Young is signed through the 2026-27 campaign, which lessens the pressure a bit when it comes to their star player politics. They’re only 5 1/2 games out of the sixth spot in the East (and the chance to avoid the Play-In Tournament), with recent wins over the Raptors, Lakers, Suns and Warriors (not to mention a close loss Monday night to the red-hot Clippers) showing signs of promise. And considering the way Murray has played of late, waiting this out might be the right move for the Hawks. 

The eerie quietness of this 2024 trade deadline season, in other words, might continue on this front too.

https://theathletic.com/5255325/2024/02/06/lebron-james-lakers-dejounte-murray-trade-rumors/

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

All quiet. Too quiet!!!

It's due to way more buyers than sellers. Weak draft. Plus teams really have priced out the mid tier guys has made it difficult. Teams with a lot of good backups don't like the offers as they already have way too many 2nds. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why take guys off the table? We should be open for business. If you don't get an offer to your liking then so be it, but there's no need to take guys off the table.

Their not off the table, there is just no one willing to meet the price and won't for now. This will be a trade deadline where the big name to be moved will be Miles Bridges who has a troubled name and the most coveted players are Dorian Finney-Smith and Royce O'Neale. Saddiq Bey was on that list but Atlanta moved from wanting to trade him. Okoro is on the list, I haven't heard anything about him being removed. 

Too many buyers, not enough sellers and the buyers wants really cheap prices so there is not a match right now. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks are buyers

20 hours ago, Sothron said:

Basically Messy Ressy has turned from being willing to blow up most of the roster to now he wants to add to it. 

Since you are both saying the Hawks are pivoting: they are currently ~$9 million under the Luxury Tax this year, combined with Patty's salary that ~$16 million they can take back while staying under the tax.  We can also add another ~$4 million of GMat and Bruno. That's ~$20 million. They can start there.  We also still have the $25 mil JC TPE.

Is there a team looking to dump a useful player or players in the combined ~$16 - 20 mil salary range in anticipation of their cap crunch next season.