• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Capela is the hot man is what I was just told. Watch for OKC. They have many 1sts, want to build a stronger bench for the playoffs. Davis Bertans has been the name mentioned.

Not exactly sure this helps Atlanta at all but its been mentioned. Atlanta is seeking 2025 1sts for Bey or Capela. Teams have been extremely reluctant to trade 2025 or 2026 1sts and teams really don't want 2024 1sts. In fact, there is more demand for early 2024 2nds than late 2024 1sts. 

Seems like A.J. is off the market. Didn't here anyone making much progress with him. 

Mills is still being heavily shopped. 

Seems like this will be a slow day. 

I am not sure if Atlanta is buyers or sellers today. Bey and Capela - they are selling but buying with Mills. 

This summer is when the fireworks will go off as I said yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I'm apt to believe that we will probably look into moving Bey for a player that was just drafted to a team that is in a win now mode and needs a good bench player. 

Maybe a Bey for Kenrich Williams Trade or something like that. 

I heard this Kobe Bufkin guy in Atlanta hasn't gotten any time this season but has put up some nice numbers in the g-league.  Do you think his value has tanked enough that we can land him?

Seriously - I agree with @Diesel that the decision on Bey is really important.  He is a very difficult player to predict the amount of his next contract.  He will be correctly viewed as "very gettable" for any team that has the space and wants to make a strong offer because we will back down just like Sacramento did when we went after Bogi.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The change that needs to happen is moving OO to the starting lineup.  It's time.  Forget these "let's fleece the Hawks" deals.

Yeah it'd be nice if we can move to a Trae/DJ/Hunter/JJ/OO lineup for the rest of the season. Those 5 don't even make our top 20 5 man lineups for the season (i think) so I'd like to see it. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah it'd be nice if we can move to a Trae/DJ/Hunter/JJ/OO lineup for the rest of the season. Those 5 don't even make our top 20 5 man lineups for the season (i think) so I'd like to see it. 

Agreed.  There really is no further incentive to keep starting Clint to preserve his value.  As of this deadline, that ship has sailed.

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Because the media perpetuates that all Hawks players are overvalued by them and should be worth only a 2rp in order to facilitate a move to a large market team.

Facts.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Because the media perpetuates that all Hawks players are overvalued by them and should be worth only a 2rp in order to facilitate a move to a large market team.

The media does do that but I don't buy that as a reason than NBA GMs wouldn't want him.  If a team with a million picks like OKC wants to strengthen their frontcourt for the playoffs then no media report should dictate what they do.  The GM should recognize that value and make an appropriate offer.  I think his offensive limitations where he either clogs the lane or lets the other team play 5 on 4 is the biggest problem.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The change that needs to happen is moving OO to the starting lineup.  It's time.  Forget these "let's fleece the Hawks" deals.

We will probably do that.. and our rebounding and defense will suffer.

OO is not consistent in either.   And He fouls too much.   However, people who champion OO fail to see all the issues.  He's a tweener, he often is in the wrong position to defend or to rebound.   He fouls too much...  I think we will have to go through this learning process before people learn to value exactly what Clint brings. 

Right now..  

The JJ + OO defensive pairing is one of the worst in the league.  Neither knows where to be positionally on defense.   JJ suffers from Ballwatchingnitis  and OO suffers from badspacinitus.     People Champion OO because he can guard out on the perimeter.  However, the plank in our eye is the interior defense.   He often leaves the interior with Trae or DJ being the man person back because he's chasing the ball on the perimeter.   The champions of OO tend to curse CC because he won't stay on the perimeter. He steps out but quickly get back to the interior.   His main objective is cut off the easy score.   OO's main objective is chase the ball.   Once Clint is gone... we will all see...  OO will start posting 5 rebounds 3 block games and we will give up 144 points average with 78 points in the paint. 

There is a reason why OO haven't been made starter yet. 

JJ's problem is lack of defensive knowledge. He should have played more in college.   For all of his BBIQ, he can't see a play developing around him.  I watched Kuminga BUST HIS ASS... and go 10 for 10 for a stretch because JJ was just ball watching.  The next game, Luka did it.  But we give a pass because that's Luka.  The Next game Jordan Nwora took advantage of him.   We didn't say anything because we won that one.  The next game, for some reason Rui Hachimura couldn't be stopped.  We kept our mouths closed because we beat Bron and them...

Two things I hope for JJ...   He learns to be offensively aggressive and that he learns to play defense. 

But I have the feeling that we will get the OO JJ front court soon enough.. and it's going to hurt for a while. 

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I don't get why Clint supposedly doesn't have much value.  He's still the league leader in offensive rebounding and only has a year left on his deal.

His value will be exponentially higher in the offseason. 

• Thanks 1